CBJ, an Elite question for you

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mrbadger
x3tc

Ok CBJ I've got it now

Post by mrbadger » Mon, 21. Nov 05, 23:32

In Elite the ship I saw wasn't that generational ship, it was the so called salvage vessel.

It's hull was covered in viper (was that the right name?) fighters, which peeled off and thoroughly 0wned me every time I tried too attack it.

It was mentioned in the manual I think, but whatever I definatelly saw it (on the BBC vesrion). In fact it took me several days of re-tries with that particuler savegame before I gave up and moved on.

If you now prove that I didn't see this ship I'll be forced to become very worried for my sanity...

Apocholypse
x3

Post by Apocholypse » Mon, 21. Nov 05, 23:33

Yes but, as this is directed at CBJ, shouldn't it be in a PM.

Laugh if he locks this! :wink: (he will)

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Mon, 21. Nov 05, 23:35

He probably will, but I'm old and I don't care :-)

suicidalfoetus
x3tc

Post by suicidalfoetus » Wed, 23. Nov 05, 18:24

The "tribbles" on the C64 version were actually called "Trumbles", they might as well have been tribbles though as it amounted to the same thing. You bought one from a space trader and every few minutes they would multiply, any they would also consume any food that you bought. Eventually the number of Trumbles exceeded the cargo space available and they started wandering onto your viewscreen. Trying to line up a kill on a group of pirate ships was more interesting with a Trumble sitting in the middle of the cross hairs.

There was a way to get rid of them. I wonder if anybody reading these forums can remember how you killed all the Trumbles in your ship? Just to remind people that you couldn't use an escape capsule to get rid of them as at least one would "escape" with you and the whole multiplication process would begin again.
May the wind be always at your back

muppetts
x3tc

Post by muppetts » Thu, 24. Nov 05, 16:29

muppetts wrote:
Travel all the universes but never saw anything new, the C64 version stuck to the same vain apart from tribles, you had to fly close to the sun to kill them! Ahh the fuel scoop great idea, skimming the sun...ahhhh rose tinted glass's coming out!
all ready done :D
VURT The only Feathers to Fly With......

suicidalfoetus
x3tc

Post by suicidalfoetus » Thu, 24. Nov 05, 16:38

Sorry I missed that part of the thread, duh.

I have to say that it would bu fun skimming the surface of the sun on todays hardware. Just imagine solar prominences erupting around you.

Please please someone do an elite 4

muppetts
x3tc

Post by muppetts » Sat, 26. Nov 05, 12:13

I thought it was under way and slated for the begining of 2007?
VURT The only Feathers to Fly With......

suicidalfoetus
x3tc

Post by suicidalfoetus » Sat, 26. Nov 05, 13:46

There is nothing on the Frontier Developments website to suggest this. The Elite 4 faq is still the same one from 2001.

Nothing I can see in the news section for the website either.

dannyboy1121
x3

Re: CBJ, an Elite question for you

Post by dannyboy1121 » Sun, 27. Nov 05, 17:19

mrbadger wrote:So, did you ever find the generation ship in Elite?

I did once, and made the mistake of trying to capture it, resulting in quite the most impressive and terminal attack I ever suffered in Elite...

My question is of course intended to establish your credentials in the space sim world....
Back when I played this game on my 32k Acorn Electron (a bit like a BBC B) - there certainly wasn't a generation ship flying about. There wasn't a process to 'capture' any ship. I still played it for hours.

Return to “Off Topic English”