OMG! (excuse my blaspheming)

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Schizosimian
x3

Post by Schizosimian » Wed, 16. Nov 05, 08:45

perhaps we should start a poll suggesting they do this.

if its the voice of the people i'm sure they'd assent

euan78
x3

Post by euan78 » Wed, 16. Nov 05, 12:27

Well said fella,
i remember when i first started X2 ,it wasnt all that great but when the patches and scripts started rolling out it became better,lots better.
i expect the same to happen with X3,i appreaciatte that deadlines have to be met by nearly everyone in life so am just thankful that egosoft (seem) to be still working on this and we'll get what the developers intended to release(i.e if they had no deadline and had time properly finish/implement things that are in their idea for the game)before too long.
so for now im happy and have confidence that my expectations will be met.
X3 has the potential to be a truly fantastic game and i suggest we all give egosoft a little bit of time to straighten it out whilst understanding that X3(currently)is probably not what they wanted to release but publishers want end product ASAP.FWIW the X series seems to be titles that are truly cared for and looked at as a flagship for egosoft so expect great things in the coming patches.a gaming company trades on its reputation after all.

lukethegordie
x3

Post by lukethegordie » Wed, 16. Nov 05, 13:50

Complaints are an essential part of the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle). Without feed back from end user's the software cannot be further developed into an ideal solution (game). I can understand that continuous negative feedback makes a game look bad at 1st, but the developers need to use this information to make fix's. X2 was buggy in earlier versions but once the devs had the feed back they produced a patch which was better than the original product.

I understand it can get annoying when some people complain about performance when there using sub min requirements, but most issues are because the games not doing what it says on the tin.

The only thing I will say is that if someone has not got the patients to wait for the next patch or 2, then they probably won’t have the patients to play x3

muppetts
x3tc

Post by muppetts » Wed, 16. Nov 05, 13:54

If you don't like the posts I suggest you stop posting threads like this that only continue to highlight the problems and start flame wars. Post like this are no different from the ones you complain about, you are the same.
VURT The only Feathers to Fly With......

LanceCorp
x4

Re: OMG! (excuse my blaspheming)

Post by LanceCorp » Wed, 16. Nov 05, 15:44

rosetta1963 wrote:
Exceededgoku wrote:
removed the blah blah

Please flame away
My 2 credits
WHEN you buy an X game you will thank the complainers for highlighting the bugs YOU wont suffer.
So we will await your sincerest apology for besmerching those who love the game so much as to take the time to post the problems.

If they have an old system then they are giving ES an idea of what PC`s joe bloggs actually own

If they get a CTD,then ES are glad to know it happened to avoid or fix it in future

If as you wish for nobody complained we wouldnt have patchs 1.2 or 1.2.1
and we would all be stuffed for playing the game.
NOW tahts a daft idea.

Some complain in a mousey way and the threads slip away
Some scream and shout and the threads stay up there
Some just enter the tech forum and read to see if thier problem is pandemic.
Then theres you,who complains that buyers who have problems complain ???????

sorry but...silly arse :roll: :lol:
Complainers are find but i dont like people that are vauge about why they are complaining and also why bother posting that they are returning the game. is it such an anousment that the whole wide world needs to know. I personnally would just got the game back in the box and A) Kept it on a shelf and waited for a new patch release or B) Returned it to the store(very few now allow PC games to be returned) with out annoucing it to the world. its the cause of my dispairaity.

Return to “Off Topic English”