@Egosoft Did Not Connect: Potential Security Issue - Devs on the case.

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Xkuka
x4

@Egosoft Did Not Connect: Potential Security Issue - Devs on the case.

Post by Xkuka » Fri, 24. Mar 23, 02:07

Not sure if this is the proper section to post this, just wanna let you know there is an issue opening links from some google searches on this forum and Firefox wont let me open that link that seems alright to me. But i am able to open the forum through other links, obviously.
Firefox detected a potential security threat and did not continue to www.forum.egosoft.com because this web site requires a secure connection.

What can you do about it?

www.forum.egosoft.com has a security policy called HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS), which means that Firefox can only connect to it securely. You can’t add an exception to visit this site.

The issue is most likely with the web site, and there is nothing you can do to resolve it. You can notify the web site’s administrator about the problem.

Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN
***Never not modified***
Specs: I9 9900k, 32GB DDR4, ASUS RTX2060 12GB, Sys drive: 1TB Nvme SSD, Games drive: 1TB Nvme SSD, Win10 pro 21H2

Katorone
x4

Re: @Egosoft Did Not Connect: Potential Security Issue

Post by Katorone » Fri, 24. Mar 23, 09:50

This is a misconfiguration on their webserver's end. It seems visiting an uncaught subdomain serves up a different subdomain. In this case it would be best to add a wildcard subdomain (*.forum.egosoft.com) for :80 and :443 and redirect it to 'https://forum.egosoft.com'

Return to “Off Topic English”