Coronavirus: COVID-19

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ClearSky

Re: Coronavirus: COVID-19

Post by ClearSky » Sat, 11. Jul 20, 08:14

Masterbagger wrote:
Sat, 11. Jul 20, 07:28
fiksal wrote:
Sat, 11. Jul 20, 06:46
Masterbagger wrote:
Sat, 11. Jul 20, 06:13
I was symptomatic months ago. I have not been since. I have been circulating in public more than you.
So you after part of the problem. We can make numbers of infections and deaths in Texas into a badge of honor for you. Would you like that, or too much?

Also I am not surprised in a slightest
I don't think you know how this works. I was deliberately injected with smallpox, anthrax, and types of hepatitis too. You should probably just stay home. You never know what sort of awful illness the people around you have antibodies for.
Actually, it doesn't look like you know how it works. So you've been vaccinated for a few things. Big deal, who hasn't. There is some emerging evidence that A) contracting SARS-CoV- 2 does not grant any kind of permanent immunity against reinfection, and B) because of point A the likelihood of a vaccine that is more effective than the current influenza vaccine is slim.

The US has a major problem with this pandemic. In part this can be laid at the door of your current administration, who have a lot of difficulty with the concepts of coherence and team effort, and in part it is due to the lack of national discipline.

You need to deal with the problem and not waste time, money and energy on looking for people to blame.

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Sat, 11. Jul 20, 09:27

I'm not quoting, but two points:
1) You don't get immunity after recovering from covid19: there's been a number of cases in which the recovered patient got the coronavirus a second time. This is mainly because viruses evolve fast and antibodies can't be always effective.
2) Flu vaccine is meant to protect people from the most dangerous flu virus mutations are likely to happen, not from all of them. This kind of vaccines use some sort of "pattern" in the virus genetics to know it's him and answer properly. For this reason, even if you're vaccinated, you may get the flu, just not the dangerous one.
Covid vaccine is likely to work the same way. If it's coming out next fall, it is likely to work against covid, but due to its very short testing, it's potentially going to have some side effect. The standard 18-24 months of testing for a vaccine are not to "kill the virus", but to test, mitigate and possibly nullify side effects. A lot of doctors in Italy suggest people to eventually take the shot only if they're "person at risk" with chronic illness (especially to respiratory tract) or if they're working in healthcare, of course.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 11. Jul 20, 18:09

Masterbagger wrote:
Sat, 11. Jul 20, 06:13
If you aren't immune go hide in your house until it is over to your satisfaction.
It is possible that one cannot become truly immune to COVID-19. The type of virus does not produce a strong immune system response, which is also partly the reason why it can be fatal.
Masterbagger wrote:
I don't think you know how this works.
Do you? I know people who have doctorates in biology related subjects who say that there is a lot that is still not known about COVID-19.
Masterbagger wrote:
I was deliberately injected with smallpox, anthrax, and types of hepatitis too.
None of those are COVID-19. One cannot really compare getting an inoculation for those to contracting COVID-19. Inoculations may even use dead or hindered samples that are unlikely to cause an infection.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sun, 12. Jul 20, 01:30

248,400 confirmed cases, that is a lot, some of the worst hit countries around the world have had a lot of confirmed cases since the start. The UK has had 290,502. Italy was once the epicentre of infections and deaths, they currently stand at 242,827 confirmed infections. Spain and France also has had it bad with 253,908 and 208,915 respectively. That's a lot of people that got infected with covid-19 over a short period of time, just a few months actually. So what's the 248,400 confirmed cases you ask, well that's how many confirmed cases America has had in just the last 4 days.

No friggin way should a country be getting 248,400 confirmed infections in 4 days, especially after this length of time after it all started. Doesn't matter how many tests America is doing, 248,400 in 4 days is ridiculous, most countries have not even had that many in 4 months of testing.

Bad news deaths in America from the virus are starting to take off again, which is to be expected. The death rate has risen from around 300-400 per day at the beginning of July, to now around 800-1000 per day. This kind of goes with the, it's around 3 weeks from initial infection till death. This does make me concerned for those 248.400 new confirmed cases, what's going to happen to a lot of them in the next 2-3 weeks. But hey the good news, at least they can go to Walt Disney World to have some fun before they die.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Sun, 12. Jul 20, 09:52

Masterbagger wrote:
Sat, 11. Jul 20, 04:42
Observe wrote:
Sat, 11. Jul 20, 03:46
The whole point of everyone wearing a mask in public, is not to directly protect the wearer from getting infected, as much as it is to prevent someone who is already infected from spreading the virus to others. This only works if everyone wears one. Those who are not wearing a mask, are most likely those who are not taking other safety measures. They are the ones most likely to become infected and spread it to others by their lake of wearing a mask.

The longer people can avoid getting sick, the more likely there will be an array of treatments to mitigate the worst effects. Also, as we know, there is concern about hospitals becoming overloaded. This is already happening in Florida today.
Are asymptomatic people spreading the virus? That is who is being demanded to wear masks. The things are meant to stop you from panicking. They are meant to give you the illusion of power over this pandemic fear. There are two types of people here and they are those who have had bat flu and those who are going to have bat flu.
Yes, asymptomatic spread the virus. This has been confirmed by multiple sources. Masks limit a lot the chances an infected person has to infect a person, because they limit the virus you literally spit by talking and breathing.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Mon, 13. Jul 20, 14:36

Thought I would post this here instead of the Trump thread.

So Trump has been confirmed to try and smear Fauci, because Trump clearly doesn't like that fact people trust Fauci more then Trump himself.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 15481.html

Which shows that Trump also has a ego problem, but that isn't really news. But still concerning that Both the WH and Trump is trying to smear someone who knows more about this virus then most. Even though Trump has been seen wearing a face mask, He still not got things perfected. And how long will the face mask craze last? as it might be off in a weeks or a month time.

Again, sending all the wrong signals. and yes, cases in the US are raising rapidly. This needs unity to counter and control. But with Trump trying to smear Fauci, it shows that Trump still doesn't have a clue on what he is doing.

Second video on a doctor reacting angry over Trumps claim that "that a majority of coronavirus patients "automatically get better."

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics ... kn-vpx.cnn

When they may not, or might end up been in a worse position then before.
=

felter
xr

Post by felter » Tue, 14. Jul 20, 04:28

California has once again been forced to close down, all public areas are now closed from bars to zoos, Museums to churches, everything has been told to shut their doors to the public, and other states are expected to follow suit soon. And what is the Great president Trump doing, attacking another official in the way of misrepresenting Dr Fauci. Rather than trying to help solve the problem, the us Government is escalating it, as they once again go in search of another scapegoat. Expect a twitter storm blaming someone else for the shutting down of California, or saying it is the wrong thing to do.

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Tue, 14. Jul 20, 08:43

There is going to be no autumn peak in the US because, with this kind of behaviour and politics, infection curve isn't going to go down.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Tue, 14. Jul 20, 11:29

It's true insanity. We have a president that's literally fine with us dying by the truckloads for the sake of sticking it to democrats.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Tue, 14. Jul 20, 12:44

felter wrote:
Tue, 14. Jul 20, 04:28
California has once again been forced to close down, all public areas are now closed from bars to zoos, Museums to churches, everything has been told to shut their doors to the public, and other states are expected to follow suit soon. And what is the Great president Trump doing, attacking another official in the way of misrepresenting Dr Fauci. Rather than trying to help solve the problem, the us Government is escalating it, as they once again go in search of another scapegoat. Expect a twitter storm blaming someone else for the shutting down of California, or saying it is the wrong thing to do.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/13 ... ing-latest

now blames COVID-19 on Obama, so yeah, there is another scapegoat that Trump is lashing out at.

Really boggles the mind, that Trump is this stupid and people still want to support him.

Edit

17 states are now suing over the student visa rule, because it also puts them at risk.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 15481.html

And finally, I guess I post this here, but Trump has started to attack fox news too, as they are now openly speaking against the president. So no longer his favourite channel. :lol:

What a loser.
=

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 14. Jul 20, 12:52

matthewfarmery wrote:
Tue, 14. Jul 20, 12:44
And finally, I guess I post this here, but Trump...
No, please don't turn this into another Trump thread. Stick to COVID-related material here please.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Tue, 14. Jul 20, 15:03

A case was recently confirmed in France where a fetus contracted Covid. You're not going to find much more evidence than this that shows children can indeed contract Covid, despite what some presidents would have you believe.
https://www.businessinsider.com/unborn- ... nce-2020-7
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Tycow
x4

Post by Tycow » Tue, 14. Jul 20, 15:07

So England has finally said masks will be compulsory in shops from 24th July, with a fine of £100. Great!

Only, this should have been done aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages ago, and they've made it compulsory AFTER we've reopened a fair number of shops/services. Add onto that you've got the usual wacko-doodles saying "government can't make me mask up, it doesn't help, it lowers my SpO2 level" etc.

Rather than accepting the answers of "yes they can, yes it does, and no it doesn't" they just crack on... Fines only work if the person is caught, and doesn't stop them spreading their on-par-with-them-IQ-wise germs in the shop, does it? Basic human decency should take over... don't be an arsehole, protect others from you and just stick a mask on.

I saw a great comment on twitter:

"I suspect the Venn diagram of climate science deniers, anti-vaxxers and anti-mask muppets is vanishingly close to a circle".

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Tue, 14. Jul 20, 15:11

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Tue, 14. Jul 20, 15:03
A case was recently confirmed in France where a fetus contracted Covid. You're not going to find much more evidence than this that shows children can indeed contract Covid, despite what some presidents would have you believe.
https://www.businessinsider.com/unborn- ... nce-2020-7
I heard on the radio that children can catch the virus, in fact there is a warning on a NHS page on what to do if your child contracts it.

also

https://coronavirusexplained.ukri.org/e ... e/und0008/

Another thing is, I also heard that in some rare cases, symptoms can become far more serious then adults.

So yes, children can catch it, and a certain president is wrong by forcing children back to school.
=

felter
xr

Post by felter » Tue, 14. Jul 20, 15:14

Arizona is a complete mess they say that you should not re-open until the percentage of positive virus tests reach less than 5% currently Arizona is seeing 26.8% of all tests returning as positive, that is a lot of positive test results. To put some clarity on just how bad that is, Arizona is currently seeing around the same amount of daily confirmed cases as the European Union, the thing is the population of the European Union is around 60 times that of Arizona. To make matters worse Arizona is currently not in full lockdown so the virus is still free to spread and people still refuse to wear masks.

Also there are now reports of America seeing a rise in after effects, with doctors seeing returning patients with breathing and memory problems, just like we have had reported here. Covid-19 isn't just for a few weeks, for some it is for life and it is effecting everyone including the fit and healthy, young and old not just the old and vulnerable. Meanwhile they also think it might not just be a one off virus either, there are growing signs that if you have had it once, doesn't mean you wont get it again.

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Tue, 14. Jul 20, 16:45

So, Arizona has 7 millions inhabitants with a surface of 300.000 km2, while Lombardia has 10 millions with a surface of 24.000 km2. So, population density in Lombardia is huge compared to Arizona (17.5:1). In April, the percentage of infected compared to the tests was at ~20% (only essential services were open at that time). It dropped under ~5% in 3 weeks.

Not saying lockdown works, just providing numbers.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 14. Jul 20, 18:13

Tycow wrote:
Tue, 14. Jul 20, 15:07
So England has finally said masks will be compulsory in shops from 24th July, with a fine of £100. Great!
Wait, what? They aren't compulsory in UK?

I'm starting to think that UK will be first fallen european state since the fall of Yugoslavia and they are on good track to beat Ukraine to the finish line.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Tue, 14. Jul 20, 18:16

mr.WHO wrote:
Tue, 14. Jul 20, 18:13
Tycow wrote:

I'm starting to think that UK will be first fallen european state since the fall of Yugoslavia and they are on good track to beat Ukraine to the finish line.
Because of masks? :gruebel:
rebellionpac.com

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 14. Jul 20, 18:18

mr.WHO wrote:
They are compulsory on public transport and when visiting the hospital or a doctor. Until recently many shops weren't open anyway, and those that were have had social distancing rules with one-way systems, well-spaced queues, and screens at check-outs. Masks are becoming compulsory now that more shops are open, and so that some of those other measures can be relaxed to make shopping easier. But yes, the UK has been a bit slow on the mask front.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Tue, 14. Jul 20, 18:19

mr.WHO wrote:
Tycow wrote:

There been many mixed messages about wearing masks, but now people will be forced to wear them unless they want a £100 fine. But not sure how that will be enforced, as police are scarce already.
=

Return to “Off Topic English”