Coronavirus: COVID-19

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

matthewfarmery
x3

Re: China Coronavirus

Post by matthewfarmery » Wed, 25. Mar 20, 15:34

felter wrote:
Wed, 25. Mar 20, 14:54
Same with Trump, he needs to stop gaslighting over this, he is giving a false image that everything is okay and that people will be safe and that it will all be over in a few weeks, it won't. It is just going to get worse in America, a lot worse. Right now they are not dying in massive numbers but lets be honest, that is probably going to change over the next week or so. I'll also say there will be numerous deaths because of the lack of equipment, doesn't matter who is making them as they can only make so much in a short time. Another problem that I expect will arise, is at some point America will run out of one resource or another and you know what, I wouldn't be surprised if that is due to a certain trade war.
Considering that the US is catching up to Italy, heck it did jump quite a bit from a few days ago. So yes, If Trumps keeps saying its "alright jack" and people keep believing him, then people will continue to spread the virus.

I have heard that car manufacturers and Formula 1 teams are starting to make ventilators. How quickly they can mass produce them is another matter. (and who will ultimately gets them is unclear, I think this was in the US, but not certain.

The problem with Trump is, he desperate to get on the road again, so he can organise campaign rallies, plus of course the shut down will hurt his businesses and sponsors. Which is why I think he wants to get things moving.

But yes, this Trade war with china won't help matters.

But yes, the rate people are getting infected in the US will only continue to raise. US hasn't hit the peak yet, and still probably be a while before it does so. If the world enters another depression / recession, so be it, Trump should be looking out for the little people, and right now he now where near looking at them. He just looking at keeping the dollar strong and money flowing in his pockets.
[http://gamerschoiceuk.com/ a multi game help site that offers help for X2, WoW, guild wars and many others

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 25. Mar 20, 17:06

felter wrote:
Yeah great videos, but all of those people they are moaning about, what is the reasoning they are giving that it's okay for them to be out and about, it's because they say I'm not old and or I don't have an underlying health condition so I'll be okay. Just where do you think they got that idea from, where do you think the idea that you will be okay if you're not old and have health issues, it's because the press keeps on mentioning it every damn time they mention a new death, they always have underlying health issues and they always mention it.
Actually, the most recent news I saw said that a 21-year-old with *no* underlying health condition died of the virus a couple of days ago...

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Wed, 25. Mar 20, 17:20

Yeah, I saw that death too, and it churned me up far worse than I could've expected. When someone young dies, it's not just the person, but all the lives they'll no longer influence, the potential kids and grandkids ad infinitum that will never be born. I hope as a species we reappraise our priorities henceforth. - The pursuit of personal wealth is a very, very strong motivator. - And now we can see what happens when you let a businessman with self-interests make decisions / give advice during a pandemic such as this.
Raphael laughed. “Lucifer, you may try and hide it, but sometimes I think you’ve more compassion in you than the rest of us combined.”

Was he serious? Did he really think he was paying her a compliment? Did he really not understand what she did here? A counsellor and confessor to the evillest men and women who’d ever lived and died since Father had done his thing. She knew more about compassion than any f***er. “What do you want Raphael?”

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Wed, 25. Mar 20, 17:24

Chips wrote:
Wed, 25. Mar 20, 12:01
matthewfarmery wrote:
Wed, 25. Mar 20, 11:39
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 23121.html

Just boggles the mind really. While the number of confirmed cases are still raising rapidly, and the death toll is also raising. He wants to reopen most of the US by Easter. He living in cloud cuckoo land. the US hasn't reached the peak yet. And he thinks that US is winning the fight? If he does that, then expect the number of confirmed cases to raise even more. Seriously, what a buffoon.

The quicker he gets booted out of office the better. as Trump has lost his mind.
Because Trump always acts out what he says, rather than changing it days later and denying, right? Yes, boggles the mind. No, don't for one second think he's going to force it to happen. It'll change as time passes.
Assuming that even matter. Tbh I'm not sure what the Federal restrain order (the one that Trump says he wants to lift) are doing anything, seeing local states and municipals had enforced their own much stricter measures. For example, Denver's mayor stay-at-home order that close all non-essential business superseded the Colorado governor order of 50% staff reduction, which itself superseded the Federal social distancing order. And like you said, it'll change per situation demand, even Trump himself said as much. With the bill passed today the US had addressed the majority # of concern that people was worried about just less than a months ago when the hysteria seemed to assume nothing would be done and people gonna be doomed. And more will be done, the situation is fluid changing day by day, it's best to remain informed and also hopeful.

Also before this crisis isn't the common narrative is that Trump is an idiot that nobody listen to? So how is it everyone trying to make it sound like people treat his words as gospel now? It's always tout students and young adult are the most anti-Trump demographic and age group among the electorate, if there are people who will absolutely refuse listen to him that will be them ... remind me who are flooding the beach after spring break started again? Is that Trump's fault as well? And like I asked what about countries that don't have Trump? Not like their citizens are behaving any less callously. I'm not defending Trump. Trump sucks, I get it, but that doesn't mean everything is his fault. This is more of a human being human and to a deeper extend, a cultural difference between East and West.
pjknibbs wrote:
Wed, 25. Mar 20, 17:06
felter wrote:
Yeah great videos, but all of those people they are moaning about, what is the reasoning they are giving that it's okay for them to be out and about, it's because they say I'm not old and or I don't have an underlying health condition so I'll be okay. Just where do you think they got that idea from, where do you think the idea that you will be okay if you're not old and have health issues, it's because the press keeps on mentioning it every damn time they mention a new death, they always have underlying health issues and they always mention it.
Actually, the most recent news I saw said that a 21-year-old with *no* underlying health condition died of the virus a couple of days ago...
And that's not the only case either. I think people over 60 just constituted the majority (think 60-70% ?) but that still mean 30-40% of casualty outside of that group, and it;s not like those statistic is hidden in various reports. Meaning young people are still pretty much playing Russian roulette with their live, abeit with a better chance. But what get me is even if they're confident about their own health, they mostly don't consider the fact they can be come a host. I bet most of them know at least one or two people above 60!. :shock:

Blame the media if you want - and this is from someone who have the media on his shit-list - but this is not the media, this is just people being selfish and irresponsible. If living in Italy still somehow couldn't make someone to take this seriously, I doubt there is anything else will.

(You here not directed at anyone specifically, just a general way of speaking).
Politic has it place, and not everyone want to wrap their world around it. Please give non-political discussion due respect per the original spirit of the discussion.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Wed, 25. Mar 20, 18:55

The point is it shouldn't matter if they have an underlying condition or not, dead is dead no matter what their circumstances are. If they have died from the virus then that is that matters. Just because there is a single case being mentioned amongst the hundreds, doesn't make it the responsible or justifiable thing to do they are still dead and the idiots are still using it as an excuse. Don't believe me, read some of the comments that are being left on the BBC about having to self isolate, there was one there earlier that was saying I'm not over 50 why should I have to isolate. All they see is that it is old people or people with health issues that are dying and they don't care as that is not them. They just don't get it that if they fall ill and end up on a respirator, that's one less respirator they have for someone else. They don't get it that they have the virus they spread it to others who then end up in hospital taking up more beds than they have. All they see is that it is effecting the old and those with health issues and that is not them, so it doesn't effect them.

The press are not helping by reporting a 54 year old with underlying health issues dies, 18 year old the youngest known in the UK dies, he had underlying health issues to start with, it doesn't matter if they had underlying health issues they are still dead form the virus and the chances are the person who passed it on to them are still alive and kicking, without underlying health issues. So far 434 people have died from Covid-19 in the UK and out of that 434 numerous people have been mentioned in the press and they all state they had underlying health issues apart from 1 single 21 year old girl. Honestly you think that is an okay message to send out, I hadn't even heard of that 21 year old till now, I had heard about the 102 year old and the 18 year old, plus the many others that were either old or had underlying health issues or even both.

Sorry guys, I'm ranting here, I'm just pissed off that people are not taking this seriously and are moaning about being cooped up for a few weeks. meanwhile I'm cooped up for least 3 moths plus the month I've already done. The only time I will get out is to go to the hospital, where I will probably go and catch something from one of the many idiots that are not taking this seriously and die a week later because there are no hospital beds or respirators because they are full and being used by the idiots.
Stay at home, stay inside but most importantly stay safe.

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Wed, 25. Mar 20, 19:51

felter wrote:
Wed, 25. Mar 20, 18:55
Sorry guys, I'm ranting here, I'm just pissed off that people are not taking this seriously and are moaning about being cooped up for a few weeks. meanwhile I'm cooped up for least 3 moths plus the month I've already done. The only time I will get out is to go to the hospital, where I will probably go and catch something from one of the many idiots that are not taking this seriously and die a week later because there are no hospital beds or respirators because they are full and being used by the idiots.
Trump from yesterday:
Look, we lose thousands — I brought some numbers here — we lose thousands and thousands of people a year to the flu. We don’t turn the country off. Now, when I heard the number — you know, we average 37,000 people a year — can you believe that? And actually this year we’re having a bad flu system. But we lose thousands of people a year to the flu. We never turn the country off. We lose much more than that to automobile accidents. We didn’t call up the automobile companies and say, ‘Stop making cars. We don’t want any cars anymore.’ We have to get back to work.
I don't know about other countries, but it is no surprise that a lot of people in the U.S. are not taking it seriously, when their President is blatantly more interested in losing dollars and votes than losing lives. There are several reasons why automobile accidents and the flu are radically different in risk than this current virus. Once again, Trump is sending messages that don't correspond to what the health experts are telling us.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Wed, 25. Mar 20, 19:57

Observe wrote:
Wed, 25. Mar 20, 19:51
felter wrote:
Trump from yesterday:
Look, we lose thousands — I brought some numbers here — we lose thousands and thousands of people a year to the flu. We don’t turn the country off. Now, when I heard the number — you know, we average 37,000 people a year — can you believe that? And actually this year we’re having a bad flu system. But we lose thousands of people a year to the flu. We never turn the country off. We lose much more than that to automobile accidents. We didn’t call up the automobile companies and say, ‘Stop making cars. We don’t want any cars anymore.’ We have to get back to work.
I don't know about other countries, but it is no surprise that a lot of people in the U.S. are not taking it seriously, when their President is blatantly more interested in losing dollars and votes than losing lives. There are several reasons why automobile accidents and the flu are radically different in risk than this current virus. Once again, Trump is sending messages that don't correspond to what the health experts are telling us.
That from the mouth of a buffoon. And why Trump is causing more issues. He simply doesn't give a damn about lives. And as long as Trump keeps talking like that, the infection rate will continue to skyrocket. He simply doesn't understand. All he sees is the big fat dollar sign in front of his eyes. If that goes down, he throws a tantrum.
[http://gamerschoiceuk.com/ a multi game help site that offers help for X2, WoW, guild wars and many others

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Wed, 25. Mar 20, 21:15

pjknibbs wrote:
Wed, 25. Mar 20, 17:06
felter wrote:
iirc the report I saw said that her aunt said that she had no underlying health issues. I doubt they've had time to do an autopsy yet (and they will, given her age). So whilst we obviously can't rule out COVID-19 being the sole cause of her death, I suspect that at the moment we can't say categorically that it was.

EDIT: Actually I think it was her mum that said she had no underlying health issues. Still.....
Last edited by RegisterMe on Wed, 25. Mar 20, 22:41, edited 1 time in total.
Gavrushka wrote:The problem with 'freedom of speech' is it makes wackos think they have something of value to say.

*WE WANT THE amtct BACK*
Rapier's search

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 25. Mar 20, 21:40

matthewfarmery wrote:
Wed, 25. Mar 20, 19:57
Observe wrote:
Wed, 25. Mar 20, 19:51
felter wrote:
Trump from yesterday:
That from the mouth of a buffoon. And why Trump is causing more issues. He simply doesn't give a damn about lives. And as long as Trump keeps talking like that, the infection rate will continue to skyrocket. He simply doesn't understand. All he sees is the big fat dollar sign in front of his eyes. If that goes down, he throws a tantrum.
I'm almost tempted to say let em, if it wasn't for sensible people being put at risk because of the idiots that decide to listen to their orange overlord. The world could do with a few less morons.
"If we had confidence the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so. We did not, however, make a determination as to whether the president did commit a crime." - Robert Muller, May 29, 2019

"Complete and total exoneration" - Donald Trump, March 24, 2019

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Wed, 25. Mar 20, 22:19

Latest tweet by him is very, very scary...
Donald J. Trump wrote:The LameStream Media is the dominant force in trying to get me to keep our Country closed as long as possible in the hope that it will be detrimental to my election success. The real people want to get back to work ASAP. We will be stronger than ever before!
How could any human make a pandemic killing so many about his election chances... Damn...
Raphael laughed. “Lucifer, you may try and hide it, but sometimes I think you’ve more compassion in you than the rest of us combined.”

Was he serious? Did he really think he was paying her a compliment? Did he really not understand what she did here? A counsellor and confessor to the evillest men and women who’d ever lived and died since Father had done his thing. She knew more about compassion than any f***er. “What do you want Raphael?”

felter
xr

Post by felter » Thu, 26. Mar 20, 01:58

With trump it's just me, me, me, he has no compassion sympathy or empathy towards any other living being, unless it concerns himself. The American press are just doing the exact same thing that the press is doing in ever single country in the world. He is acting like it is only happening to America, meanwhile something like a third of the worlds population are currently locked down, it's not just an American thing it's a world thing. To Trump though it isn't even an American thing, to him it's a Trump thing, the virus is out to get him personally. He can't even see that people are dying from it, he can't see that Americans are currently hurting, all he can see is that the virus is stopping him from doing what he wants to do and to him that's not right. The dangerous part is that right now he is showing that he is willing to do whatever he wants, no matter what the consequences are.

I wonder how many Republicans are thinking, maybe we should have impeached him, maybe we should have thrown him out of office. But then look at the alternative, if Pence was in charge he would be telling Americans to get down on their knees and pray, as only the lord god almighty can save them, so maybe they are better off with Trump.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Thu, 26. Mar 20, 02:25

Two news stories worthy of a read the first is about Trump and the second is about someone who is now ill trying to get tested for Covid-19 in America.

What this crisis reveals about US

How it shouldn't be done

I don't think that reporter likes Trump much, and I feel sorry for that lady and the people she has been in contact with.

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Thu, 26. Mar 20, 03:39

The joys of hand washing/putting groceries away.

Step 1 turn on tap with hands and contaminate tap

step 2 wash hands

step 3 turn off tap that has possibly become contaminated and possibly recontaminate hands.

and the list goes on. Door knobs, fridge handles, etc... pita

Masterbagger
x4

Post by Masterbagger » Thu, 26. Mar 20, 05:46

For our friends overseas keep in mind that America is not a unified state. We are not designed for the federal government to micromanage everything and we shouldn't desire that. The federal government has resources that it can give to the states and it does do that during emergencies. There is a chain of leadership from there. The various structures of government of America is an unholy mess of things being right for some areas and not in others and some leaders being capable and some not and some having money and some not. There is no universal standard and some of our levels of government are just plain impotent from mismanagement and leaders being selected for virtues other than ability. America is a mess of different policies depending on where you are on our map. The responsibility for deciding what to do is on those local governments. It's why I'm working tomorrow while my relatives in other states are not. That is being guided by our local government and not President Trump. The responsibility has been distributed here far beyond any one person.
Who made that man a gunner?

felter
xr

Post by felter » Thu, 26. Mar 20, 06:21

The next 24 hours are going to go down as one of the worst days in American history. By this time tomorrow America will have more confirmed cases of Covid-19 than any other country on the planet, including China. The saddest part, America's death count from the virus will surpass the 1,333 dead that France currently counts. I suspect that it will either be closing in on the 2.077 death count from Iran, or it may even pass that mark. Unfortunately for Americans it's only going to get worse over the next few weeks.

This has been a screw up right from the very start and you can't just blame your local Government officials, you have to blame the boss as ultimately they are the ones to blame and we all know who the boss is and we all know how he has been responding to the crisis, from arguing with the press blaming them for everything as it's all a conspiracy to remove him from office, to hurt his chance for re-election. He has shown zero compassion or empathy for anyone or anything other than himself and the stock market. He has made his bed now he has to lay in it, he has to stand up and take responsibility for the mess he has to take control and get the problem sorted, the thing is he has never ever sorted a problem out in his life he has always bought his way out of it but you can't buy a way out of death and death is calling for many an American tonight. You can't blame that on your local government.

Do the right thing and stay safe.

Return to “Off Topic English”