Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

User avatar
Hank001
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed, 22. Feb 06, 00:50

Re: Trump

Post by Hank001 » Tue, 9. Oct 18, 16:27

Ever so sorry to toss some hard news in, but the US Ambassador to the UN just handed her resignation to Donald Trump:



(BBC)Nikki Haley: US ambassador to UN 'resigns'
The answer to life, the universe and everything:
MIND THE GAP

User avatar
Morkonan
Posts: 1675
Joined: Sun, 25. Sep 11, 04:33

Re: Trump

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 9. Oct 18, 17:09

Haley and Trump are hosting a fireside-chat press conference, ATM.

There's speculation that she's leaving in order to prepare for "higher things," perhaps another run for an elected office. Right now, she's praising Jerod and Ivanka... She say's she's not running in 2020 and will campaign for Trump.

"It's important for government officials to realize when it's time to step aside" is about the only reason she gives for her resignation. She will stay through the end of the year.

User avatar
Hank001
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed, 22. Feb 06, 00:50

Re: Trump

Post by Hank001 » Tue, 9. Oct 18, 17:27

Well it might have to do with Trump setting there praising Kim to the high heavens and saying he'll "Do spectacular things". Which to Trump's mind probably means something like tossing his nukes at blue states, because as sure as hell Kim's NOT going to give them up and if Trump and Pompeo have one brain cell between them they'll know it. (Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity) So they probably actually believe PDRK will cave. :P
The answer to life, the universe and everything:
MIND THE GAP

User avatar
Morkonan
Posts: 1675
Joined: Sun, 25. Sep 11, 04:33

Re: Trump

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 9. Oct 18, 17:43

Hank001 wrote:
Tue, 9. Oct 18, 17:27
Well it might have to do with Trump setting there praising Kim to the high heavens and saying he'll "Do spectacular things". Which to Trump's mind probably means something like tossing his nukes at blue states, because as sure as hell Kim's NOT going to give them up and if Trump and Pompeo have one brain cell between them they'll know it. (Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity) So they probably actually believe PDRK will cave. :P
It just seems so... weird. She resigns, stating no specific reason other than "let's give someone else a chance" and then praises Trump, Jerod and Ivanka, the Trump admin, everything Trump has done, and voices her enthusiastic support for Trump and all things Trump...

I dunno about Federal Administration Politics, but "in the real world" you resign from a choice position because you wake up one day and said to yourself "@$%$@ this @##%, I'm not taking this @%@@ anymore. And, @$%$ that person and that other person and that a$$hat in Admin and that other guy, that one time...$@@ THIS @%@%!" Then, you calmly turn in your two-weeks notice and wait for the inevitable security escort and your two-week paid vacation.

You don't fight and claw your way up the political ladder to a choice high-profile position and then say, "Well, golly. It's time someone else had a shot at my job!" At least not after just two years, right? Eleven years - Sure! Two? I dunno... Is that job really that stressful? /shrug

User avatar
Hank001
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed, 22. Feb 06, 00:50

Re: Trump

Post by Hank001 » Tue, 9. Oct 18, 17:57

@ Morkonan:

@$!# well put.

Old :rant: Probably wants to give the job to someone more in line with his administration (meaning some mean old white guy) or (If you didn't get a hint) Jarod.
The answer to life, the universe and everything:
MIND THE GAP

User avatar
Morkonan
Posts: 1675
Joined: Sun, 25. Sep 11, 04:33

Re: Trump

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 9. Oct 18, 18:08

Hank001 wrote:
Tue, 9. Oct 18, 17:57
...
Old :rant: Probably wants to give the job to someone more in line with his administration (meaning some mean old white guy) or (If you didn't get a hint) Jarod.
There was some interesting commentary on CNN a few minutes ago. Haley was offered, at one time, the post of Ambassador to India. One of the reasons people believed she refused was that being the ambassador to India is very expensive. It costs a bit more for an Ambassador to live there and operate in that environment, despite the salary and perks.

She's got two kids in college. The rumor is that she actually needs/wants a job that pays more... IOW - Our Ambassador to the United Nations doesn't have a salary that can allow them to send their kids through college without undue financial stress. :/

Well, that's one possibility as well as the other of her eventually running on a conservative ticket for President. She's young enough to start now and be able to run after Trump's tenure is over. We'll see. If she takes a high-paying job with a commercial think-tank, then we'll know.

RegisterMe
Posts: 726
Joined: Sun, 14. Oct 07, 17:47

Re: Trump

Post by RegisterMe » Wed, 10. Oct 18, 03:36

The "India thing" is interesting if only because her given name is Nimrata Randhawa (born of Indian Sikh, immigrant (to the US), parents by the way).

I wonder how comfortably the whole anti-immigrant / wall rhetoric sits with her, even given her Rep // (delayed) Trump background.

I'm also curious about her name change. Not in any way critical, just wondering about her story.....
I've not even read Wikipedia yet.
Gavrushka wrote:The problem with 'freedom of speech' is it makes wackos think they have something of value to say.

*WE WANT THE amtct BACK*
Rapier's search

User avatar
BugMeister
Posts: 3750
Joined: Thu, 15. Jul 04, 04:41

Re: Trump

Post by BugMeister » Wed, 10. Oct 18, 10:59

rumours of financial difficulties are circulating..
could it be that the recent coverage of Trump's illegal financial dealings has forced her hand.. (?)

- is Trump actually bankrupt..(??)
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

User avatar
Hank001
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed, 22. Feb 06, 00:50

Re: Trump

Post by Hank001 » Wed, 10. Oct 18, 13:18

BugMeister wonders:
- is Trump actually bankrupt..(??)
Read "The Art of the Deal". Trump says NOT being in debt up to his eyeballs bothers him. He gets anxiety attacks if he ends up solvent.

Though as we know he's as about as MORALLY bankrupt as it gets.
The answer to life, the universe and everything:
MIND THE GAP

User avatar
Morkonan
Posts: 1675
Joined: Sun, 25. Sep 11, 04:33

Re: Trump

Post by Morkonan » Wed, 10. Oct 18, 18:47

BugMeister wrote:
Wed, 10. Oct 18, 10:59
...- is Trump actually bankrupt..(??)
It's doubtful, but we can't really know his complete financial situation until we actually get the information. There's some potentially interesting bits of foreign investment that have yet to see light, too.
RegisterMe wrote:
Wed, 10. Oct 18, 03:36
The "India thing" is interesting if only because her given name is Nimrata Randhawa (born of Indian Sikh, immigrant (to the US), parents by the way).

I wonder how comfortably the whole anti-immigrant / wall rhetoric sits with her, even given her Rep // (delayed) Trump background.

I'm also curious about her name change. Not in any way critical, just wondering about her story.....
I've not even read Wikipedia yet.
This was sort of spoken about on CNN during the announcement, but I didn't catch most of that bit. Her wiki entry describes a pretty interesting background and, to be honest, not one that reflects the sort of "political power-hungry" background of a lot of other notables. Sikh heritage, which is cool IMO, and a good practical work-experience degree, Accounting, and some real "work" in a "real job." Overall, a fairly practical resume' that includes experience in State legislatures and a Governorship. Now, she has UN experience.

It's not surprising that there are some Presidential bid rumors concerning her.

User avatar
BugMeister
Posts: 3750
Joined: Thu, 15. Jul 04, 04:41

Re: Trump

Post by BugMeister » Thu, 11. Oct 18, 13:46

Glasshopper say the sky is the hole you are falling into.. you are fool to think gravity no longer important..
- once you place allegiance to your President above the law - you are doomed to fall..

- Chuck Grassley has no legal experience at all in his resume for the office he holds - how is this so?
- Kavanaugh is utterly prejudiced and must be removed from the Supreme Court with haste..
- if the Republican Party had the guts to admit their treacherous dereliction of duty, under McConnell and his cronies, we might see progress..

- my oh my, what a shambles these Replicants have wrought..!! :cry:
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

User avatar
Hank001
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed, 22. Feb 06, 00:50

Re: Trump

Post by Hank001 » Thu, 11. Oct 18, 14:21

As if we already didn't know that having the foxes guarding the henhouse isn't going to amount to much but piles of feathers:

FBI admits White House limited Kavenaugh probe

And Trump's Op-Ed in USA Today shows the prevailing Republican election tactic of "Say anything no matter how wildly inaccurate and expect the electorate to buy into it if it makes the Democrats look bad".

Trump USA Today op-ed

And (Of course) any fact check on it blows holes in it:

Washington Post Fact Checks Trump Op-Ed

It should be a new definition of "exercise in futility" to go through the trouble of fact checking Trump. Just listen to what Trump says and take it for granted it's about as far from truth as it gets and leave it at that. Or as we've come to learn, you know Trump's lying if his mouth is moving.

Disclaimer: (The following is Satire)

Trump: "How awsome is that Hurricane Michael? Nobody can produce hurricanes like the United States of America! As President I can assure you that Bigger and Better hurracanes made in the USA are on their way! I've signed an exective order to increase industrial output, increase carbon emissions, deregulate environmental statutes that will assure that the United States produces the greatest hurricanes on earth!"
The answer to life, the universe and everything:
MIND THE GAP

User avatar
felter
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat, 9. Nov 02, 19:13

Re: Trump

Post by felter » Thu, 11. Oct 18, 14:45

You say satire but didn't Trump actually say something like that last year, where he said America has the best storms or something along those lines, Not had much sleep so I could just be imagining it, but it is the sort of thing he would say.
I'm not saying he is a Russian asset, I'm saying he sat on his asset when he was supposed to be confronting Putin.
#AlertTheDaycareStaff #denturedonald

User avatar
Hank001
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed, 22. Feb 06, 00:50

Re: Trump

Post by Hank001 » Thu, 11. Oct 18, 15:22

felter ponders:
You say satire but didn't Trump actually say something like that last year, where he said America has the best storms or something along those lines, Not had much sleep so I could just be imagining it, but it is the sort of thing he would say.
Yeah when he droned on about the hurricane that hit the Carolinas this year. Thankfully this time he didn't have any issues that he had to divert the news cycle from, he had his op-ed nonsense to keep the media focused on him and is no doubt PO'd that this time the hurricane diverted from him. Turn about is fair play I suppose. In a sad way, but since Florida, Georgia and the Carolina's are pretty much "red states" and the severity of Michael really doesn't play well to climate change denial he's not tossing it out as an issue. And he's probably more concerned on how to get his buddies in Russia and China to turn the midterm elections around to really concentrate on a little thing like devastation in states the Republicans already have in their pockets.
The answer to life, the universe and everything:
MIND THE GAP

User avatar
Morkonan
Posts: 1675
Joined: Sun, 25. Sep 11, 04:33

Re: Trump

Post by Morkonan » Thu, 11. Oct 18, 17:00

USA Today is getting a bunch of flack for Trump's Op-Ed in regards to "fact checking." Reputable news outlets are supposed to fact-check even their Op-Ed pieces, even if they're a guest Op-Ed.

Post Reply

Return to “Off Topic English”