[SCRIPT] Comm Chatter Missions v1.1 Jan 23

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Fri, 16. Dec 05, 23:45

That's not necessary yet, we still have things to check and try. Go to the AL settings page, is it turned on?

CO. Dragon Corp

Post by CO. Dragon Corp » Sat, 17. Dec 05, 00:34

Just wanted to say that you've done a great job with these scripts!

Although I do not get the point of some (or should a say of most *gg*) of the jokes taken from your favorit show, it's actually quite funny (if I get the point....I'm getting better ^^). But that's just because I'm german :D .

But apart from this little understanding problem it adds much more life in this AI-universe :thumb_up: ! Looking forward to see a spoken chatter one day :wink: .

Thank you.
Commanding Officer of the 'Dragon Corporation'
[ external image ]

bendyspex
x3

Post by bendyspex » Sat, 17. Dec 05, 09:39

Yeah, in the AL settings I have Comm chatter and Comm missions turned on. I have also installed the missions on page 1 of this thread aswell, if that helps.

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Sat, 17. Dec 05, 10:13

OK checklist:
1. All files are installed in their proper directories. Basically just check that there are several ADB.Comm.* files in the X3 Reunion\scripts folder. Also check for al.plugin.ADB.Comms and al.ADB.Comms.EventHandler.
2. Check that Navigantional Command Software Mk1 is installed in the playership.
3. Turn off the plugin, wait a second, turn it on.
4. Check if X3 Reunion/logfile73535.txt file exists. If it does, it will tell me some debug stuff. Rename it to something. It will be in the main X3 directory, if it's not there then fine.
5. Turn off all 3 of my plugins, save, load, run this
deletion script.
6. Check for logfile73535.txt again, email both to aalaardb@yahoo.com.
7. Turn back on all 3 plugins, CCM first.

bendyspex
x3

Post by bendyspex » Sat, 17. Dec 05, 11:59

Ok, it seems to be working there. I turned it off, then turned it on again and the custom menu apeared. Thanks for all your help.

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Sat, 17. Dec 05, 12:25

NP.
So there is no logfile73535.txt?
I think what happened was you somehow got a hold of a beta version, did I post a beta version? I can't remember.

bendyspex
x3

Post by bendyspex » Sat, 17. Dec 05, 12:53

No, there is no logfile. I downloaded the very first version that you posted on here, as I have been following this idea since it was first mentioned. Since then I hav re-downloaded each new one, and installed over the top of the previous files. Maybe some filenames changed and they didn't get replaced?

MrLobster
x3tc

Post by MrLobster » Sat, 24. Dec 05, 19:50

I'm sorry if this has been said, but anychance of the system Freelancer uses, and have general background chatter?

Obviously it would be quieter than any message ment for you. Its just a little lonely in space :(

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Sat, 24. Dec 05, 23:23

Possible, but way too complex.

Hansaw
x3

Post by Hansaw » Sun, 1. Jan 06, 01:32

OK am I stupid or what?

I have installed the T files to the T folder and the Scrpts to the Scripts folder. I have loaded the game and checked that the chat script is on YES and the mission is on NO.

I have terned off the chat and a few seconds later switched it back on. I have saved my game and then loged out and loged back into it. I have bought the Nav software mk1 for my ship but I could not find the COMMS that is supposed to pop up?

Maybe its because I bought the Nav software mk1 after I had loaded the Script in?

Where should I be looking for the COMMS? Should I take it all out and start again? I really want to get this to run but I am playing in the Custom Game and all other scripts that I have downloaded from this sight are working.

You said something about turning off all 3 scripts what ones do you mean? I could only see 2 the missions one and the chit-chat one.

If I think of anything else that may be useful to you trying to work out my problem I will put it here. I do believe I have done something stupid though and its going to take you 3 seconds to work it out.

Stay safe!

Hansaw
Hansaw sits for the 1st time in his brand new M3. After smilling happily to himself he looks about and becomes frustrated. "I paid enough for this ship, so where's the damn MP3 Player!" he yells

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Sun, 1. Jan 06, 02:06

I have loaded the game and checked that the chat script is on YES and the mission is on NO
AalaarDB's Comm Chatter Missions - Needs to be on
AalaarDB's Comm Chatter Popups - Can be on or off

Was this your error?

Dgn Master
x3tc

Post by Dgn Master » Sun, 1. Jan 06, 02:26

Would it be possible to have this script just look at a text file so that ppl that have neither watched or have no interrest in Arrested Development being able to add their own quotes to the CCM?

I would actually like to use salvage 1.2 and get hints without having to listen to your AD text.

Not trying to be rude i hope you understand, but i believe red dwarf, star trek, or any of the other shows from space having quotes would be closer to the genre than a lawyer show.

Thanks
Could the parents of the little Argon girl, Suzie, please claim her sealed jar of remains?
She didn't mind the gap and ended up vapourized!

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Sun, 1. Jan 06, 04:40

It's not a lawyer show, it's a comedy! The text is supposed to make you laugh!
Anyways, read the first post, I have edited it. Although I don't like the idea, it was actually designed from the beginning to be alterable or removeable.

Dgn Master
x3tc

Post by Dgn Master » Sun, 1. Jan 06, 04:55

AalaarDB wrote:It's not a lawyer show, it's a comedy! The text is supposed to make you laugh!
Anyways, read the first post, I have edited it. Although I don't like the idea, it was actually designed from the beginning to be alterable or removeable.
Honestly i wasn't trying to be rude or judgemental so please excuse me if it sounded that way. I'm very happy that the modding comunity is working to make the game better.
Could the parents of the little Argon girl, Suzie, please claim her sealed jar of remains?
She didn't mind the gap and ended up vapourized!

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Sun, 1. Jan 06, 05:02

No don't worry about it, you didn't sound that way. I love Arrested Development, it's the funniest comedy I've ever seen. Better than Friends, better than Seinfeld. But I understand other's don't like it and it's about to be canceled due to low viewership. I was just trying to share my love of AD and make a few peopel laugh.

I just started watching reruns of Farscape. I could take the quotes from that show, but since it's a scifi show not a comedy would they be funny one liners? I don't think they'd fit. Yes true a comic one liner doesn't fit into a space setting either, but at least it can stand alone.

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Sun, 1. Jan 06, 05:12

Another main reason why I chose to do this was I could copy and paste the quotes from IMDB. I was browsing there looking at AD when I noticed they'd make perfect fluffer text, with little effort from myself.

If you or someone else wanted to you could do the exact same thing for a different show. Red Dwarf is out, there are only 4 quotes there. Farscape had 8...

Hansaw
x3

Post by Hansaw » Sun, 1. Jan 06, 12:58

Was hoping to just have the chit-chat without the missions LOL.

OK AalaarDB I have turned on the missions to YES and then saved the game and loged out and back into the game and still nothing...

I then turned the missions off for a few seconds and back on again, still nothing.

Where should I be looking for the new COMMS commands? If I hit ESC it brings up a menu at the bottom of the screan, does the new COMMS appear there? or when you hit the P is it in that row of menus?

I may try to reinstall it again, maybe just overwrite them all with a fresh install.

Thanks for your help I am happy to try anything to get it going but I don't know the 1st thing about scripts I only install them to their folders from the readmes or if its plain thats where they should go after that I am stuck LOL.

Stay safe!

Hansaw
Hansaw sits for the 1st time in his brand new M3. After smilling happily to himself he looks about and becomes frustrated. "I paid enough for this ship, so where's the damn MP3 Player!" he yells

Hansaw
x3

Post by Hansaw » Sun, 1. Jan 06, 15:46

1 second although I have the Nav command MK1 installed you say that you need a comm device?

Is there also a Communications device or do you mean that the Comm device is part of the Nav command MK1?

If you have put a seperate comm device into the game, where do I buy that from?

If not then I will just re install it all and try again.

I still don't know how to bring up that Fight, Navigation, Trade menu is. Do I need to be undocked to get to it and once undocked what keys do I press to get to this menu?

Sorry but I have converted to a true noob, seems nothing is going right the game takes like 10 minutes to load and save. I am thinking there must be a memory leak somewhere.

Stay safe!

Hansaw

Hansaw
x3

Post by Hansaw » Sun, 1. Jan 06, 19:08

OK NM I have found the custom comms and its all working ok. Well infact its working too well once I found it and clicked on it I got message after message lol about 10 in a row I hope this is not what its like I would have to turn it off if I keep getting them like that I have now gone back to my TS and saves now are much sorter. I wounder if its the messages building up that is slowing me down?

I will look into this further.

Stay safe!

Hansaw

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Sun, 1. Jan 06, 23:12

You should not be getting them all at once. What were the ones you got all at once like?

Turn off the Missions plugin, and save. Exit the game, download and do a reinstall of the script. The zip file should be extracted to your main X3 directory and the rest will be sorted out. Turn it back on.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”