[SCRIPT] Bounty Hunters Guild V2.80 : Updated 24/07/2007

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rate this script

5. Excellant
62%
4. Good
24%
3. Average
8%
2. Poor
2%
1. Terrible
2%
Not my Thing
2%

Total votes: 50

janonol
x3

Post by janonol » Mon, 14. Nov 05, 06:15

here's an idea for the bounty hunter script. make it go both ways.

it would be great if a factory/ pirate station/ even a race could take out a contract on your head if your reputation with them goes too low or you kill too many of their ships.

the higher your fighting rank and the more you irritated the enemy; the more dangerous the bounty hunters that come after you.

there would have to be a limit of course (can't have too many bounty hunters hunting you).

the bonus would be you get the chance to capture some very nice ships if you survive - these are real bad ass bounty hunters so thier ships have better weapons for you too fight and capture.

and there would have to be a way to get the bounty hunters off your back (ie - kill the person who took the bounty out on you or get on good terms with the race).

would be fun.

PS - please add yakki pirates to the bounty hunters club.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 14. Nov 05, 09:22

yeah something i want to add is other bounty hunters in the universe as well as bounties on you, i have a few ideas of how i want it to work, but still planning the best way to go about it
:)

i will also look at adding Yakis into the mix

Dunks
x3

Post by Dunks » Mon, 14. Nov 05, 09:43

Now this is getting interesting,
Bounty hunters after you as well :twisted:

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 14. Nov 05, 10:10

ok, a new version now avaialble

v2.10
* Fixed showing of Seriel numbers when displaying bounties
* Added Yaki and Goner bounties
* Added bounties from pirates at pirate bases

jpcawley
x2

Post by jpcawley » Mon, 14. Nov 05, 11:56

Nice one mate! Respect for your hard work!

janonol
x3

Post by janonol » Mon, 14. Nov 05, 12:05

:D very cool :D

AfroOfDoom
x3

Post by AfroOfDoom » Mon, 14. Nov 05, 15:40

I'm finding a disturbing lack of bounties, having just visited every trading station between Depths of Silence and Omnicron Lyrae, I didn't find a single bounty on offer :?
Being as this is a BHEPT, the most powerful laser in the galaxy, and would blow your cockpit clean off. You have to ask yourself one question; "Do I feel lucky?".

Well, do ya? Punk.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 14. Nov 05, 18:56

thats strange, there should be around 5 bounties per race

if you goto an argon trading station you will see all the bounties currently offered by the argon gourvnment, and and the same for all races

AfroOfDoom
x3

Post by AfroOfDoom » Mon, 14. Nov 05, 20:15

Not for me, every race is currently at "no bounties on offer" status.

When I first joined the guild the Argons had 2 bounties on some paranids, but i hadn't been to the sectors listed, so i decided to leave it for a bit and do exploring. Since then iv'e only seen one bounty, for a Boron in depths of silence, from the Argon, and none of the other races have ever had any.

I'd suggest maybe i mis-installed it, but it's a bit hard to screw up and my other scripts run just fine.
Being as this is a BHEPT, the most powerful laser in the galaxy, and would blow your cockpit clean off. You have to ask yourself one question; "Do I feel lucky?".

Well, do ya? Punk.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 14. Nov 05, 20:37

well a new bounty ship is spawned every 10 minutes depending on how many there are currently in the game

so after 10 minutes there should always be at least one bounty ship available from all place, if theres not then obivously somethings gone wrong with either spawning them or recording them

check the artifical life settings in the gameplay options and make sure the bounties are enabled

i will check to c if theres anything that might stop it from showing up, i did have a simlar problem in an old version of the script where it wasn't saving the ships to the array properly, so whenever checking the array it showed up as no obunties even thou there were some sounds like it might be a simlar problem, i had to restart my game to fix that, but i might be able to add something so you wont have to restart and it will just start working again

AfroOfDoom
x3

Post by AfroOfDoom » Mon, 14. Nov 05, 23:00

Right, the situation has improved in that I allways seem to have at least one bounty on offer from Argon stations (even if they're all on M5s, guess I'll have to get my rank up a bit).

Still not seen any for the the other races though :(

Well, do ya? Punk.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 14. Nov 05, 23:40

u might just be unlucky and the bounties get removed b4 you have chance to c them

as theres a random time thay they stay for you could always be getting the really low times

i could increase the time abit to make sure there always is some bounties

AfroOfDoom
x3

Post by AfroOfDoom » Tue, 15. Nov 05, 00:51

Yeah, i think the timings might be a bit off, as quite often I dock, get the bounty, jump to the sector, spot the ship, watch it fly into an equipment dock, trading post or whatever, check the landed ships list and watch it dissapear moments later :shock:

Well, do ya? Punk.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 15. Nov 05, 14:17

some more updates

v2.20
* Added template system for more varied bounty replies
* Added bigger bounties for same race, ie Argon bounty for an Argon pilot
* Increased bounty expire time
* Removed home base assigning

hopefully this should increase the nubmer of bounties available

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 15. Nov 05, 22:00

AfroOfDoom wrote:Yeah, i think the timings might be a bit off, as quite often I dock, get the bounty, jump to the sector, spot the ship, watch it fly into an equipment dock, trading post or whatever, check the landed ships list and watch it dissapear moments later :shock:
i've discovered a few problems that probably caused you lack of bounties, there was a problem with spawning the yaki, goner and pirate bounties, so it ended up just not spawning any

this is now fixed in the new version

===========================================

V2.30
* Fixed displaying of null sector in bounty list
* Improved bounty spawning
* Fixed lack of yaki/goner/pirate bounties
* Added NPC bounty hunters traveling throught the universe
* Fixed display of 5 bounties, showing all 5 instead of just 4

fusion23
x3

Post by fusion23 » Tue, 15. Nov 05, 23:47

don't forget to update on my page, or I can do it for you your choice.
Your base are belong to me.

Intel i7 920 OC @ 3.2Ghz
Asus P6T Deluxe v2
6GB DDR 3 Corsair XMS
Nvidia Geforce GTX 285

BadIronTree
x3tc

Post by BadIronTree » Wed, 16. Nov 05, 20:47

can you make a lite version that dont affect the race stading?

i have uneversal trades all over the universe
BadIronTree The Greek

bendyspex
x3

Post by bendyspex » Wed, 16. Nov 05, 22:24

I have a problem. When I get the message with the different bounties on it I can't select the different names, I just get a big bunch at the bottom and can only select them all. Then, when I get the message with more information on the bounties I only get a message for the first one, even if there are more than one bounties. Is this a problem with my installation or the script?

marioman
x3

Post by marioman » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 02:28

Cycrow wrote:Claiming bounties will require you to return back to the trading station

I was thinking about that part as i was reading the posts and the idea i have is that the "bounty ship" carries (well it wouldnt nessicarily have to carry it but anyway) one of the unused items in X3, like garbage. You would prolly have to make this into a mini-mod in order to add a new item, but alteast there would be some use for the ones that are already in there. Anyway you could spawn this item in a container (or in the ship if u cap it) then have to bring that to a trading station in order to get the bounty. Too bad prices are static then you make it so you sell the item to the trade station directly.[/quote]

recnelis
x4

Post by recnelis » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 09:39

The problem where the ships just sit in the station still hasnt been fixed.. ive been camping this ship for 15 mins now with seta at 800%. It just sits there, also ive found that sometimes ships dont even show up. And the one ship i did destroy i got no such message or money. I would like to at least earn back the 1 million i spent to get the licence.

I also noticed that in the artificial life thing only 2 things are running and that is creat bounty npc and creat bounty.

Please help me ive been screwing with this for 7 hours now.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”