Community Script & Mod Download Library for X3

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sun, 29. Jun 08, 17:54

added

Gaz it's always convenient with your simple well formatted links (thats why i let jlehtone do them all :P )

seriously, you need to write a bonus pack of your best stuff as most are simple and fill missing engine updates
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

shadowdemon2

Post by shadowdemon2 » Mon, 30. Jun 08, 13:40

First of all, I'd like to know if I should post questions/comments about the library here, or in my own thread (which feels too much like talking to myself)?

Second, when I'm finished extracting and processing the data, I'll probably have a list of "typing mistakes" (where the same thing is typed differently in several places), i.e.:

String Maths by B-O'F
Sorts and strings by BOF

I hope this can be fixed if I make a detailed list of exactly what is "mistyped" where, so that the changes can be made easily all in one go.

Thirdly, I think that two things are missing in this library, but maybe they would each belong in their own threads (linked from this thread):

1) A matrix/table that specifies which mods are compatible with which other ones (most mods are NOT compatible, so listing the compatible ones takes less space). For example, at least one of the "No Trash BBS" is compatible with "The Xtended Mod".

2) A list of scripts that are incompatible "for unknown reason". Some things don't work together for reasons other then command-slots, ware-slots... Those incompatibilities are then usually discussed in at least one of the involved scripts threads, but having a central place where they are listed would be beneficial for the "causual user" that just wants to know what works together without reading the whole threads of all the scripts he/she wants. It's not about getting the "problems fixed", but just about listing them (until they are fixed, if ever).

B-O'F
x3tc

Post by B-O'F » Mon, 30. Jun 08, 16:15

Hi shadowdemon2,

String Maths by B-O'F
Sorts and strings by BOF

are not the same scripts - this is not a 'typing mistake'.

The first one deals with numbers as strings, allowing addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of very large, or decimal, numbers.

The second has a collection of alpha and numeric sorts - plus a few other things...

If you intend using the writer's name to keep track of scripts - remember that anyone can change their name, so it is not a good idea.

Boron - Ol Fh'art
Public Service announcement

Growing old is not a disease - it is a delayed symptom of birth trauma.

shadowdemon2

Post by shadowdemon2 » Mon, 30. Jun 08, 19:03

B-O'F wrote:Hi shadowdemon2,

String Maths by B-O'F
Sorts and strings by BOF

are not the same scripts - this is not a 'typing mistake'.
I was refering to the fact that BOF is written with two different syntaxes! I know they are two different scripts. :D
NB: I also found B O'F (without the -) somewhere...

I want to be able to extract the author(s) name, so that the "user" can, for example, sort the scripts by author. This works better when the author's name is always written the same. If the author wants to change his name, would it not make sens to also change it on all his old scripts, so that ppl don't get confused?

B-O'F
x3tc

Post by B-O'F » Mon, 30. Jun 08, 21:07

Hi shadowdemon2,

Guilty as charged - I use both names, but I tend to use BOF more nowadays, as that is the way posters spelt it... I could 'correct' my script topic threads, but that would mean changing threads a few years old. That would not correct the entries in this thread, that would mean more work for the moderators.. once they have been informed of the changes required.

The other problem is if a user changes their sign-on name (as has happened).. all the posts are automatically updated - unless it is a reference typed in, such as the entries in this thread, or if someone quotes or mentions them by name - these are not updated.

I like the work that you are looking at doing, but may I suggest a possible alternative - have a list of known 'pseudonyms'. This is the method used for the written word - the author's main (normally well-known) name, and the 'also known as' name used for experimental (or otherwise) work. I do not know how many pseudonyms that would entail for scripts, but I do not think it would be many.... perhaps just me ??? if so, I would have to change my threads.....

Another method - a pointer to the 'my scripts' pages found in some sigs..

Boron - Ol Fh'art

B-O'F
x3tc

Post by B-O'F » Wed, 2. Jul 08, 01:05

Hi

Further to the above discussion, could a kind moderator please update my two offending entries - changing the name from B-O'F to BOF.. they are:-

Ship Commands and Other Scripts
Remote Docked Freight Transfer by BOF

Utility Scripts to be Used by Other Scripters
String Maths by BOF

Thank you,

Boron - Ol Fh'art

Homogenized, jlehtone

shadowdemon2

Post by shadowdemon2 » Wed, 2. Jul 08, 09:41

I'm finished processing the "Community Download Index". I get some problems in "Command Extension Wares Used":

-What is "(BPH)" ?

-Is "Hull Repair Technology : LV" the same as "Self Repairing Hull Technology by LV" ? (if yes, it would be nice if it was written the same way)

-"Pirate Network Communication Device by Reinhart Menken" is mentioned there, but not in the "Community Download Index". Should it not be added to the Index (or removed from here)?

-There are mention of "(Aegis)" and (in other sections) of "x3plus", which are in the German sticky and not in the "Community Download Index". Would it not make more sense to either add them to the Index, or leave the "resources used" (command slots, ...) to the German sticky?

-As I find things that are written incoherently (i.e. "Personal Energy Generator by PapaTong" written as "Personal Power Generator by PapaTong" in the Wares section), can I expect them to be corrected if I post them here, or am I just wasting my time? Such things have to be corrected only once in the sticky, but if they are not I will have to manually correct them every time I update the data for the tool that I'm trying to write, making it impossible to automate and therefore useless, as it will display either outdated or wrong data.

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Wed, 2. Jul 08, 14:36

I think both BPH and Aegis are X2 only. If that's the case, I can't answer why they would be listed there.

I think you'd be safe assuming there's only one Hull Repair script by LV, so yes, they're the same.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 2. Jul 08, 15:55

eladan wrote:I think both BPH and Aegis are X2 only. If that's the case, I can't answer why they would be listed there.

I think you'd be safe assuming there's only one Hull Repair script by LV, so yes, they're the same.
they are not actually in the scripts list, but in the ware compatability list.

basically, when the list was originally created, it was simply taken from the X2 list with the new stuff added on top.

and it just hasn't been modified since

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Thu, 17. Jul 08, 16:29

Just another short addition

Code: Select all

Turret Script

7142 - Turret Script by S9ilent

[url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=210990]Missile Defence Mark II[/url] by S9ilent

<t id="932">COMMAND_TYPE_TURRET_32</t>  : Missile Defence Mark II By S9ilent

I'm re-using the t-file 7142 that I used in my point def. script

LV done

I've even given you a new turret category ;)

anybody wanting to point out other scripts for turret only can point them out and i'll swap em

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Fri, 18. Jul 08, 23:49

Last edited by Gazz on Sat, 30. Aug 08, 06:12, edited 7 times in total.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Sat, 19. Jul 08, 00:06

Woo my own category (as of now any way :))
Here is another of my turret scripts. Its currently listed as "Point Defence by S9ilent" under combat scripts

Code: Select all

Turret Script

[url=hhttp://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=191682]Point Defence[/url] by S9ilent

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 20. Jul 08, 11:18

Done to here (although the turret section migration is still in progress).

Draakon

Post by Draakon » Wed, 23. Jul 08, 07:55

Do these mods listed here work together?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 23. Jul 08, 11:32

theres no guarentee that they will work togther, and infact some will prolly conflict.

which is y the post as the conflicts table so you can see

Draakon

Post by Draakon » Wed, 23. Jul 08, 13:49

Cycrow wrote:theres no guarentee that they will work togther, and infact some will prolly conflict.

which is y the post as the conflicts table so you can see
Do i understand right that these mods listed here: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 31#1188531 and the below ones don't conflict by files and stuff being used (although they may by game play)?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 23. Jul 08, 13:57

that list is basically the list of every script that authors have added.

none of them are checked if they work together they are just listed.

the resources lists display what resources are being used by those scripts, ie, files, wares, command slots, etc

so when multiple scripts on that list use the same resources, then there will be a conflict and most likly not work together.

but its not to say that scripts that dont share resources will work happily with each other.

if your worried about compatability with other scripts, its best to look through the posts of that script or simply ask in those posts

Draakon

Post by Draakon » Wed, 23. Jul 08, 15:09

Ok, thanks for the information. I think i just download the scripts i see that don't conflict with the commands being used and try my luck :P

shadowdemon2

Post by shadowdemon2 » Sat, 26. Jul 08, 11:22

The thread of the mod "Khaak Intruder Mod" by Apricotslice is non-existent/deleted. I couldn't find it with the "Extra Search"; the broken link is:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=178661

If even the forum thread is gone, then it should really be removed from the index.

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Sat, 26. Jul 08, 11:35

A quick search reveals the thread here. Not sure what happened there.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”