sector map XYZ cursor movement speed - how to decrease movement sensitivity for accuracy ?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Wizlawz
x3

sector map XYZ cursor movement speed - how to decrease movement sensitivity for accuracy ?

Post by Wizlawz » Tue, 6. Oct 20, 20:13

is there a mod for this?

or a file somewhere i can access and change it? - i tried looking in main directory for a settings folder, i found none, or am blind

so for example i want to get to 0, 0, 40 - just can not get it, off by 10-20+ numbers no matter how quick or "lightly" i tap the buttons

not sure what / how to search as everything i try does not get me wanted results

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: sector map XYZ cursor movement speed - how to decrease movement sensitivity for accuracy ?

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 6. Oct 20, 21:26

I doubt there's a mod for it as the interface is hardly moddable. What you could do with scripts is either change the input method as Cycrow did it with his move to coordinates script, so that the coordinates can be typed in, or move the object via script altogether (there should be commands called "set position" and "force position" in the General Object Commands section of the Script Editor).

Alternatively, what you could try is zooming in on the map first (with I think the "Home"-key). This should lower the step size (distance on the map) in which the cursor moves. Additionally, if there's an object nearby, press the "5"-key on your numpad to center your cursor on it, then move the cursor from there.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Wizlawz
x3

Re: sector map XYZ cursor movement speed - how to decrease movement sensitivity for accuracy ?

Post by Wizlawz » Tue, 17. Nov 20, 21:39

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Tue, 6. Oct 20, 21:26
I doubt there's a mod for it as the interface is hardly moddable. What you could do with scripts is either change the input method as Cycrow did it with his move to coordinates script, so that the coordinates can be typed in, or move the object via script altogether (there should be commands called "set position" and "force position" in the General Object Commands section of the Script Editor).

Alternatively, what you could try is zooming in on the map first (with I think the "Home"-key). This should lower the step size (distance on the map) in which the cursor moves. Additionally, if there's an object nearby, press the "5"-key on your numpad to center your cursor on it, then move the cursor from there.
ok tyvm

the zoom in map to try and "step" the numbers - my keyboard seems to still be way to sensitive (is that possible?)

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”