[Script] Universal Ware Transfer v2.00 31-Jul-08

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

bariumdose
x3tc

Post by bariumdose » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 04:16

Ok, I got the Script Editor - thanks!

Now I just have to install your remote freight transporter script...I'm assuming I should uninstall the current remote freight transporter script I have before installing your script? It's the one that fills up the message log.
Gene O Mui

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 08:20

You shouldn't need to uninstall any other scripts. There won't be a conflict.

bariumdose
x3tc

Post by bariumdose » Fri, 31. Oct 08, 04:30

I reset the Mission Director like you said and then saved the game. Now every time I dock or re-load. I get three incoming message screens. The first one says ReadText35-21. When I click Ok, the next screen says No Pilot. When I click Ok again, I get the blank Incoming Message screen and then I have to hit Esc to exit out.
Gene O Mui

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Fri, 31. Oct 08, 10:31

It's an issue with STL's incoming question lib. Nothing I can do about it, unfortunately. It will go away after you've used the command for the first time.

It's harmless, though annoying.

bariumdose
x3tc

Post by bariumdose » Mon, 3. Nov 08, 21:24

It works! I finally got it to work. Thanks again for your help - a very good script you created!

One thing I noticed that was strange is when I transferred some shields from one ship to another, the ship that received the shields don't show the shield status bar in the status. Both ships are docked. I haven't undocked the ship to see if the shield status bar reappears.
Gene O Mui

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 05:40

Thanks! :)

For equipment, it doesn't attempt to install them when moved across. This is possibly something I could look at changing in an update.

Madman01
x3

Post by Madman01 » Sat, 20. Dec 08, 22:21

Awesome job eladan!!!!!! Thanks!!!! :thumb_up:
Stress is when you wake up screaming and you realize you haven't fallen asleep yet.

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Sun, 21. Dec 08, 00:20

Cheers, glad you like it. :)

Madman01
x3

Post by Madman01 » Mon, 22. Dec 08, 03:55

eladan wrote: For equipment, it doesn't attempt to install them when moved across. This is possibly something I could look at changing in an update.
That would be very helpful. :)

I've discovered something interesting when using this software. I had capped a Falcon and it had two intact shields so I had it land at a nearby station where I had a freighter docked that needed shields. After the Falcon docked I used the software to transfer the shields to the freighter and ordered the Falcon to head to a nearby shipyard. As it left the station I noticed that it had a full shield bar, even though I had just removed it's shields. I checked the freighter and confirmed that it had the two shields. I then checked the Falcon's freight bay and it was empty, but looking at it's ship information showed a 25 Mj shield in shield bays 1 & 2. As a test I fired on the Falcon and knocked it's "shields" down to 25%. I didn't suffer any hull damage, and it's "shields" regenerated until they were at full strength again. :?
Stress is when you wake up screaming and you realize you haven't fallen asleep yet.

xxx73
x3tc

Post by xxx73 » Sat, 25. Apr 09, 01:33

Is this script very similar to the one that is in the bonus pack (Remote Transporter Device)?

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Sat, 25. Apr 09, 04:08

It's similar in that it allows you to transfer wares between two ships. The difference is that in the vanilla game, even with the bonus pack, there is no way to transfer wares between any two of your ships docked at the same location unless you happen to be in one of them. This script fixes that, by allowing ware transfer between docked ships.

@Madman01 - looks like you posted at a time when I was busy elsewhere. If you're still reading, I'll take a look at it.

xxx73
x3tc

Post by xxx73 » Mon, 27. Apr 09, 11:59

Excellent eladan :)

Then I will go for this script and drop the bonus pack script.

Tore

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Mon, 27. Apr 09, 15:48

Do note, it's not a replacement for the Remote Transporter Device script - on second reading of my reply, I may have given that impression. There's also no need or reason to not install RTD - they won't conflict.

What I meant is that this script allows transfer of freight between docked ships (which isn't available in the game otherwise, unless you're in one of them,) but doesn't replace other freight transfer methods. I.e. it only works for ships that are docked, while Remote Transporter Device allows transfer between ships in space.

xxx73
x3tc

Post by xxx73 » Mon, 27. Apr 09, 16:16

You are right; I was a little to fast in my conclusion. But I have found so many cool mods I would like to use so it's actually a little relief when I can leave someone out :wink:

Madman01
x3

Post by Madman01 » Fri, 1. May 09, 04:28

eladan wrote: @Madman01 - looks like you posted at a time when I was busy elsewhere. If you're still reading, I'll take a look at it.
I'm still reading and using the script, thanks. :thumb_up:

Sandtrooper

Universal Wares Transfer

Post by Sandtrooper » Tue, 18. Aug 15, 22:26

After my HDD failed years ago (taking my games and backup saves with it), I've recently returned to this game - starting from the very beginning - though sadly, the game isn't as player-friendly with this Win7-64 as it was with my old XP 32 machine!

Anyway, firstly, my apologies if this should be in the 'Scripts' section but, when clicking [Reply] to the UWT thread, I got a redirection to the main page (preceded by a message that was too momentary to be read (even when I was ready with my camera to try capturing it)!

Here's what happens when trying to use the Universal Wares Transfer on ships docked at same station (or rather doesn't but should...)

With two other (owned) ships in same station, I select the ship command found in 'Other' IIRC. It's in green ink by the way. I hear the female voice "Command accepted" but no GUI appears. I read in the thread I wanted to post a reply in that if not working, I should leave the station/be in flight and hit [Enter] on the Numeric pad to "...reset the Mission Director" which was meant to be a button near the bottom (though no mention of which menu it was in). The two ships are one I bought and one I've captured. NB: I'm in a separate ship altogether (although I would like to acquire what the 'donor' ship has).

Unaware of what was already in my X3 root, I assumed I lacked the Mission Director and so, downloaded it via the link on that thread (surprised it still worked after discovering so many Xai-Corp links I wanted are dead but, anyway...) It appeared that I already have a 'Director' folder in my X3 root - is this due to the 2.5 patch, Bonus Pack or Extended Mod?

Investigating the contents, it contradicted the thread which said "...has no missions in it" - mine has a 'Valhalla' in there but, no idea what that is nor am I going to touch it for fear of wrecking/crashing the game - that's happened enough already with running on this Win7 machine (not crashed yet in XP SP3 mode though).

So, how do I get the UWT to work?

Am using -
X3 Reunion (XP SP3 compatibility)
Patched to 2.5
Bonus Pack
'Xtended' Modification
CryCrow's Script thingy 2.12 (had to disable a few scripts I wanted though due to crashing).

Also installed (but not used) = [Non-Commercial] X3pm Script Packager V2.10 - is this for those who have the ability to create scripts? In which case, can I un-install this from the PC altogether?
Win7 64

After much hair loss, I fear sanity and will to live are the next likely casualties...

Any help would free-up space at my local sanitorium!

By the way - am I one of the lucky few who has actually managed to get the HAT on his Saitek X-45 to work the POV? Hmm, now that I've gone and stated that of course, I've an idea what my next post will be!

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 19. Aug 15, 00:45

**merged with respective script thread**

As for not being able to reply to this topic, see [FAQ] When I try to post in the forum or to edit my profile, I get redirected to the forum index page. What should I do?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Sandtrooper

Post by Sandtrooper » Thu, 20. Aug 15, 01:27

UPDATE:

Discovered purely by accident that, it works (albeit erratically) if changing player name to 'Thereshallbewings' but, as I said - erratic/repeated attempts to get it to function - even then, it's via the 'incoming messages' to access it.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 20. Aug 15, 19:39

Sandtrooper wrote:(so many Xai-Corp links I wanted are dead but, anyway...)
Xai-Corp.net was offline for a couple of days, but thanks to moggy2 the site is up and running again. :) So I would suggest checking the threads of the scripts you wanted again and test if the download links work now. There's also usually a chance that someone reuploaded the script on a different hoster already, so it's worth to check the last few pages/posts of each topic.

Alternatively, lots of X3R scripts are also backuped on xdownloads.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”