RRF 1.8 beta (Test Version) 7.9.08

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Thu, 24. Jul 08, 20:39

Hi,

I've only ever experienced crashes while in sector - I've saved regularly enough to be able to reload then jump out just before the ship that will cause the crash jumps. Obviously then I'm OOS so no crash. If I reload and stay in sector it crashes every time without fail.

Gonna try to find the time this weekend to see if I can look into this issue once more & try to get those destinations...still, thinking about it I'm not sure if it can be related to that else the crash would happen regardless of where I am surely?

Cheers,

Scoob.

Deathwalker1701
x3

Post by Deathwalker1701 » Thu, 24. Jul 08, 22:39

Thats what I was thinking about all I know is my processor goes to full load.

Deathwalker1701
x3

Post by Deathwalker1701 » Fri, 25. Jul 08, 16:14

LV I found something else not shore if its related to your script but I found a shipyard in
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
interworlds terrans shipyard I think they the origanal terran ships from the plot as they come up as unknown good ships for the price.
Spoiler

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 25. Jul 08, 18:36

In some way this is good news, i had an IS CTD under those conditions

investigating.....

Deathwalker1701 ;)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Rawn
xr

Post by Rawn » Mon, 28. Jul 08, 00:08

Greetings

i tried to make your rrf compatible with my german game (changing language id) but i only see partially texts otherwise readtexts

Difficulty settings show up then i got 8804-54,-55,-60,-92
in the Al settings if disabled it shows me -59,-57,-58
if enabled it shows up normally

i tried to use an old text file from 1.7 there shows up all normally except the -92

isn´t it compatible with the german version or did i anywhere anything wrong? (i used a clean new x3 install+ latest patch, bonus pack and xtm)

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 28. Jul 08, 16:28

Hi LV,

Glad you've been able to confirm the issue, first step to solving it so certainly good news! :-)

Could I make a small suggestion for an additional 'difficulty' option for your script?

I was thinking that as there are several excellent scripts out there that make the universe a more hostile place (the Improved Xenon and Improved Khaak scripts spring to mind) would it be possible to have a 'pure' RRF option? What I mean by that is have say the 'Balanced' option with RRF Bombers etc. present, but don't let the RRF scripts add additional bad guys / threats. It's almost like it'll be your script defending the universe (with the odd race skirmish for fun) while these other scripts are trying to destroy it. This would have the additional benefit of keeping things nicely in check for the pure traders out there, if they chose not to install the additional hostile scripts.

What do you think?

Cheers,

Scoob.

Marodeur
xr

Post by Marodeur » Mon, 28. Jul 08, 16:51

Dont try a german version without a altered Skriptfile. Because without it the Skript will use the Argon One for the RRF-Fleet and maybe there are other problems too. Thats because the skript makes only an exception if the name is "Argon One" and not "Argon Eins" like it is in the german version. ;)

Look for the latest german version here. Maybe we will translate 1.8 in the near future. ;)

Deathwalker1701
x3

Post by Deathwalker1701 » Wed, 30. Jul 08, 13:11

LV had a crash kao mistake split response fleet against Kha'ak fleet cant confirm if a ship jumped out but I noticed the same problem with my processor going mad but it was not on of the attacks.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 5. Aug 08, 20:54

update.

a few days ago i had my finger on shift and was just about to press q to repack and upload the fixed version i had tested for 10 hrs in sector when it decided to fudge me and ctd

:evil:

my time is very short at the moment but i'm going to crush the bug soon, trust me :x

i'll also double check the XI's RRF has on offer again for those reporting it
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 5. Aug 08, 22:41

Thanks LV, your efforts are appreciated.

Scoob.

Deathwalker1701
x3

Post by Deathwalker1701 » Tue, 5. Aug 08, 23:02

LV thanks for all the work you doing.

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Wed, 6. Aug 08, 09:34

Thanks LV, keep up the good wor-

*-=C-C-COMBO BREAKER=-*

...Yeah, I'm getting CTD's when RRF ships jump IS.

Seriously though, the crashes are the only problem I'm having with the new script, and I've taken a liking to the changes you've made (my favorite being the audible invasion announcements).

I'm very sorry about the first part of my post, I was just being an asshole; I couldn't resist. The crashes are an actual problem in my game, and I hope they're fixed in the next release. Your work on the script so far has been great, LV. Keep it up and I can't wait until the first full version comes out.

Again I apologize.

srsly.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

OOZ662
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Thu, 7. Aug 08, 09:43

Man, I cannot wait for a semi-stable version of this...must find a bribery method...

aerick911
x4

Post by aerick911 » Thu, 7. Aug 08, 22:23

me too :)

Malakie
x4

Post by Malakie » Mon, 11. Aug 08, 15:14

Scoob wrote:Thanks LV, your efforts are appreciated.

Scoob.

A big thanks from me as well for all the work. I too am experiencing a crash but I have no idea what is causing it. Is there something I should be seeing specifically that can help isolate it while in game. To me I am simply flying around when the game just locks up.

I have noticed another problem on my system though.. I followed your directions for installation of the latest version. However every time I load a game now the options for the plugin, all three, are always off. I have to manually turn them all back on each time I reload. Is this something on my end or a known issue?

Malakie
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

Malakie
x4

Post by Malakie » Mon, 11. Aug 08, 15:17

Scoob wrote:Thanks LV, your efforts are appreciated.

Scoob.

A big thanks from me as well for all the work. I too am experiencing a crash but I have no idea what is causing it. Is there something I should be seeing specifically that can help isolate it while in game. To me I am simply flying around when the game just locks up.

I have noticed another problem on my system though.. I followed your directions for installation of the latest version. However every time I load a game now the options for the plugin, all three, are always off. I have to manually turn them all back on each time I reload. Is this something on my end or a known issue?

Finally, I have also found this latest version conflicts with another script I have used since day one, Sector Takeover 2.4.3. With the new RRF installed that script no longer works for taking over sectors by placing a trading post in a cleared out sector. Does this possibly have anything to do with your new code that allows races to take over sectors? Also, can your new script allow me to clear and take over a sector ownership now and if so, how do I do it. This would obviously eliminate the need for me to use the other sector takeover script if that is the case.

Malakie
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 11. Aug 08, 18:15

Noticed the same thing myself - however it doesn't appear to stop things working even if all three are reported to be 'disabled'.

Cheers,

Scoob.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 11. Aug 08, 19:41

Malakie wrote:or a known issue? //known and fixed in my build it was only displaying the wrong text

Finally, I have also found this latest version conflicts with another script I have used since day one, Sector Takeover 2.4.3. With the new RRF installed that script no longer works for taking over sectors by placing a trading post in a cleared out sector. Does this possibly have anything to do with your new code that allows races to take over sectors? Also, can your new script allow me to clear and take over a sector ownership now and if so, how do I do it. This would obviously eliminate the need for me to use the other sector takeover script if that is the case.

Malakie
RRF now allows players to take control of a sector with the right station being present at the right time, that's all i'm saying on that ;)

It sounds as if ST may conflict but as a said it's all about timing and a race invasion being needed to trigger the sec.owner check

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 11. Aug 08, 19:49

maz9009 wrote:I need some help guys...

Sometimes when Race Response Ships (M1&M2 only) jump away after taking shield damage it crashes/freezes the game. Most of the time it works OK but sometimes it causes crash to desktop or permanent game freeze...

I have set RRF on balanced settings with all other plugins to ON (GetsuFUne ownership changing is disabled though).
Known issue under investigation through the other RRF testing thread for 1.8
mufassa wrote:What's the system impact of running RRF?

Again.

Also Maz, you mentioned Getsu Fune ownership changing, I was wondering about that too; what is the purpose of that? If the player aquires ownership what is the impace of this?
system impact, 80% of RRF testing time has gone into making it as lag free as possible, I've never really seen RRF cause any issue unless you are in a battle sector the the game engine causes major lag due to big ship combat which I can't do anything about.

\getsu fune was only put in for a bit of asthetics, it doesn't really do anything other than turn off RRF responses to the xenon coming through if the player owns it, It was a 5 min piece of coding i stuck in just for the sake of it.

aerick911
x4

Post by aerick911 » Mon, 11. Aug 08, 21:03

I'd like to help test, is it easy to revert back to 1.7 after testing is completed? Does it break savegames?

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”