[SCR] MARS Fire Control (v3.05 - 06.10.09)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Nadrek

Post by Nadrek » Thu, 18. Dec 08, 04:48

I don't know about why "laser not available" was voicing, but in the future, if you need to run the Debug, you edit the setup.plugin.gz.mars script and uncomment the "Debug" line (I believe you find that script in the script list, "s" to the script edit from the command menu, then I think Enter or "e" works to see the lines, arrow up/down to about line 17, which is, as I recall, *Debug or something - the comma or period comments/uncomments a line. * means commented.

The you look in your Program Files\Egosoft\reunion (paraphrased) directory for *.txt, sort by Date Modified Descending - they can get very big very fast if you've got a lot of MARS ships and turrets and potential targets (I have scores).

I'm sorry for your not getting a quick answer, though it was previously stated that the Reunion version was basically abandoned in favor of the more advanced Terran Conflict version.

Hellfire546
x3tc

Noob MARS question (X3TC)

Post by Hellfire546 » Fri, 19. Dec 08, 06:47

I have downloaded and unzipped the file.

Do I now just move the 'scripts' data into the scripts folder (and 't' data into the t folder) and click 'yes to replace all'???

:? :? :?

dostillevi
x3

Post by dostillevi » Fri, 19. Dec 08, 18:39

Yup!

And if you're running CMODII you need to install a special T file to make the guns compatible. I think its posted either on this thread or the CMOD II thread.

Alright so I think I've found a crash caused by this mod. When I allow everyone to use MARS, I get a crash during in sector combat with cap ships using MARS when goblins are out. I haven't had the chance to use goblins yet myself, so I don't know if this crash is specific to goblins or to everyone using MARS.. But as soon as I disabled MARS for everyone, the crash stopped and my game has been rock solid.

BlkKnight

Post by BlkKnight » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 00:56

I've had a couple of problems since the last patch.

I've simply overwitten my existing files. Done a save & reload.

Now the mod seems 1/2 installed.
Goblins work OK
Turrets do not.

Any advise?

BlkKnight

Post by BlkKnight » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 10:26

wrong MARS thread, sorry

j0z
x3tc

Post by j0z » Tue, 20. Jan 09, 20:13

I have a problem with a new game started with MARS.
The script is loaded without any problem but when i go to the ai menu, 2 of the 3 MARS selections seems like this :
al.plugin.gz.mars.enemy.mine
the same for satdeploy but when i activate it, it go to the normal.
But not the enemy setup :!:

the voice say it's loaded but it's always look like there is a problem...

I play with XTM 7.5, RRF, FCS mk3, SEWN, PiloteIA and a little script for my G15 keyboard.

someone know this problem?

(sorry for my poor english :roll: )

j0z
x3tc

Post by j0z » Wed, 21. Jan 09, 19:45

I have not do anything but the enemy line is now ok!
I just have played a moment the game.

Jaga_Telesin
x4

Post by Jaga_Telesin » Tue, 24. Feb 09, 05:49

- moved to X3:TC topic -

Liath
x4

Post by Liath » Sat, 6. Jun 09, 09:24

Hey Gazz, seems like MARS isn't compatible (well, I'll say they aren't compatible) with TerraCorp Fleet Package. Your MARS ware-snatching goblin Additional Command slot was ganked :(

Is there a way I can manually modify either TCFP or MARS to play nice with one another?

*Course, I haven't really played around with TCFP yet, might not even keep it...
:lol:
If I seem super-critical lately, it's due to having played X2 and X3, which were awesome games. X:R's release was a hard fail, however there *were* improvements, especially with stations, capitals, and capturing/boarding. X4 right now feels like the best parts of X2/3 and Rebirth all got thrown out the friggin window. I'm honestly hopeful that X4 will turn out awesome, but I'm already hugely disappointed in ES as I have seen them do better and really expect more from them.

jumbled
x4

Post by jumbled » Fri, 3. Jul 09, 07:22

Liath wrote:Hey Gazz, seems like MARS isn't compatible (well, I'll say they aren't compatible) with TerraCorp Fleet Package. Your MARS ware-snatching goblin Additional Command slot was ganked :(

Is there a way I can manually modify either TCFP or MARS to play nice with one another?
I've already done this by setting the MARS key to SHIP_55, which on my config isn't used by anything else (so far). Haven't actually tested it, but I can feel fairly certain it'll work cuz before I would lose one key for another as they were overwritten and functions were replaced. Now they're on separate keys.

Steel Code
x3

Post by Steel Code » Tue, 22. Sep 09, 11:47

Does each capital ship in your fleet need to have this command activated in the command console for this to work,or just the players lead ship?

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Tue, 6. Oct 09, 19:14

Version 3.05 released.

"Laser not available" does no longer use any audible signal.
Instead it generates a silent log message.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Aliens62
x3tc

Post by Aliens62 » Fri, 18. Dec 09, 12:29

Would someone be kind enough to tell me how to install this script. I,m a bit of a pussy when it comes to modding and upto now have only used Cycrows installer to add scripts as it is excellent for people who don,t know where to put things (like me!!).
Since this script doesn,t come in .SPK format I don,t have that option, but would really like to use this.

Ta much!!

Treelor
x4

Post by Treelor » Fri, 18. Dec 09, 18:10

Just drop the folders from the .zip file into your X3 folder. Easy as that.

Aliens62
x3tc

Post by Aliens62 » Sun, 20. Dec 09, 21:01

Cheers chap!!

Kazansky22
x3tc

hmm....

Post by Kazansky22 » Mon, 28. Dec 09, 20:27

I dont mean to sound like an idiot but... hahaha

I've downloaded the mars files, did as I've seen people say to do, downloaded/ extract the files so the sript and the t go in the right places. started the game waited 2 minutes saved/reloaded, tried it again, and again. nothing happened, so I used my nifty cheat mod to add the mars program to a local station. installed it did the wait 2 minutes, save/reload again, got nothing, tried it again, got nothing, started a new game did all the same things, got nothing... I'm sure its something really easy and simple that I'm doing wrong.... and if I'm correct there should be new commands in the command console whens mars works right? Like it may very well be working, but I can't tell... and I fly an M6 heavy centaur with pretty much every upgrade there is if that makes a difference. Oh and the only other mod I have installed is that cheat mod.

*EDIT*

nevermind, I figured it out... I'm dumb lol

Greedy_Bastard
x3

Post by Greedy_Bastard » Thu, 4. Feb 10, 06:06

Well I have been using this script for some time and love it but I have also come across Combat Mod 2 by Ulfius, which changes many weapon values. Now I read the 1st page which said I could easily incorporate these changes myself and I was doing fine, until the lasers in the T-file restarted in a new list. Looking at it the 1st set comes out as
A - A (weapon initial) then another list with slightly different values(didn't look too much at them though) has AH - A (Weapon initial)
This pattern continues down the page, my question is is what does the A, AH, B, BH etc... stand for (Ship types?-there are 11 "lists" but off the top of my head only 10 true classes of ships) and do I have do edit ALL of them to get the turrets to fire and aim properly.

Edit: Snowed in today and I think I got it figured out, I think they are different mod compatibilities and I just overwrote one of them, /shrug, worked i guess.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Wed, 10. Feb 10, 16:17

Can someone tell me if MARS is really that good?

I've already got 2 turret scripts installed on my system. MEFOS (from German forum. Lucike's version of X2's AEGIS for X3R) and XOne Turret Control.

I have just tried out MEFOS on my heffalump and it still suffers from a: snowballs-chance-in-hell-of-hitting-anything! syndrome! Even though I've loaded it with every possible weapon it can take. Yes it does score hits on small fighters and yes it does change weapons, but generally not enough to blow them out of the sky.

If I go for MARS, will it improve my heffy's punch at all?
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

digdug83
x4

Post by digdug83 » Wed, 10. Feb 10, 19:26

While I have no idea what ship you're using as it's not a standard ship name that I'm aware of, I do use MARS for all of my capital ships and aside from a few custom models that are so large as to be ridiculous it works quite well. Outside of the weapon switching aspect and aiming improvement (which you can adjust in the script files by the way) the additional functionality it provides via fighter drones is fantastic. I use this script in conjunction with the turret command suite from gazz for when I want to use something with main guns to provide weapon switching (like an M7 or fighter).

My only issue, and one that is spelled out up front on the first post, is that this script is NOT capture friendly. You can set it to hold fire for a period of time after it determines capture requirements have been met but since most of the time those requirements are before the next wave of 40 GPPC's hit it's rather pointless :D

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Wed, 10. Feb 10, 20:29

digdug83 wrote:While I have no idea what ship you're using as it's not a standard ship name that I'm aware of.
:rofl:

Thats's my fault I'm afraid. Heffalump = Split Elephant :D

So, would it improve the accuracy over the other turret scripts I have installed?
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”