[MOD - X3 2.5] New Horizons Mod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Fri, 30. May 08, 09:52

repatomonor21 wrote:I have a problem that the new race's ships doesnt appear.
Would you mind to be more specific please. What do you mean by new race's ships do not appear?

repatomonor21

Post by repatomonor21 » Fri, 30. May 08, 11:59

Phlt wrote:
repatomonor21 wrote:I have a problem that the new race's ships doesnt appear.
Would you mind to be more specific please. What do you mean by new race's ships do not appear?
That, the Spectre sectors are all empty. There are a few Spectre station, and some teladi ships (about 6). So, the spectre arent appearing in their own sectors.
Other problem I have, that I play the storyline, and when I want to enter Teladi Gain, to save Miria from the evil Pleasure complex, than I crash to windows. >.< And some bug I have, that there are 2 South gates to Senator's Badlands. (and of course, 2 North gates to Orcacoke's storm)
"YOU NEVER SAY IT'S QUIET IN SPACE!"

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Fri, 30. May 08, 14:26

I now understand what you mean.

The poor trafic in Spectre's Sectors will be adjusted in the next release. :)

Regarding 2 gates, do you have more than one mod installed or something of that kind. Would you mind to have a check?

repatomonor21

Post by repatomonor21 » Fri, 30. May 08, 22:53

Phlt wrote:I now understand what you mean.

The poor trafic in Spectre's Sectors will be adjusted in the next release. :)

Regarding 2 gates, do you have more than one mod installed or something of that kind. Would you mind to have a check?
Uhm, ye, about mods, I use the Cockpit Callback.
About scripts, I use the Bonus Package,
http://users1.ml.mindenkilapja.hu/users ... /these.JPG
And of course, its the X3 2.5 installed.

But the Spectre ships are acctually DOESNT seems to appear in the game, like a script is missing or something. The models are in the game (I tried them with LV's Cheat scripts), but even Spectre prime is empty. Only lonely stations inside. :S
Any suggestion?
"YOU NEVER SAY IT'S QUIET IN SPACE!"

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Mon, 2. Jun 08, 20:35

• "New Horizons" Mod, stable version 2.0 is now available for Download.
All details regarding the many new features included in this new version are available in OP, with all the detailed instructions you will need to install the Mod.

Enjoy! many thanks to the Teams who have contributed to made this dream real! :D

There are 6 custom starts available. These custom starts provide you with the opportunity to find and buy the HQ and Bala-Gi's ships, and offer many different and original contents from main map. This is the best way to fully enjoy the NH game, which contents its own plots.
Select one of the 6 and become a fine trader, a pirate or a mighty warrior!

Xenon and Yaki will do their best not to let you in peace!
:D

New Horizons is also compatible with X3 vanilla "Bala Gi" plot, but not with the main vanilla plot. If you want to play the main plot, you need to avoid to fly in NH sectors prior having completed the main plot. It works fully fine afterwards. You will find a map in the DL area to identify which sectors you should not fly to at the beginning if you have chosen to play the regular game.

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Thu, 5. Jun 08, 19:32

• The Excel Spreadsheet containing NH Mod v.2.0 ship specs is now available in TXU DL area.
:arrow: NH Mod v.2.0 ship specs

Beware, this file contains spoilers.

Credits to Cpt-Killer

Enjoy! :D

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Thu, 5. Jun 08, 19:44

May I wish you and the NH team with great well earned success! :)

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Fri, 6. Jun 08, 01:23

Does it include EMP or do I need to install it for certain scripts you recommend?

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Fri, 6. Jun 08, 14:43

ezra-r wrote:Does it include EMP or do I need to install it for certain scripts you recommend?
EMP is included in the Mod. :)

• New Horizons Mod v.2.0 - Patch for HackingII

This patch has to be installed if you have downloaded the NH Mod v.2.0 before June 06, 2008 - From now on, it is included in the Mod - This patch is fully compatible with your saves and current v.2.0 game

This patch is adjusting and balancing the Yaki and ISF activity in Azz's script HackingII

Just unzip the file in your \X3 Reunion\Mods\ Directory.

:arrow: Download of the Patch

Enjoy! :D

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Sat, 7. Jun 08, 23:04

NH Mod is also now available in Italian. :)

mike_doyle
x3tc

Post by mike_doyle » Sun, 8. Jun 08, 16:02

Played for a while yesterday and today.
This mod is GREAT - I especially like the ship you start with in the new "Janus" custom start.

Note: I have discovered by trial and error, that the "Universe Explorers" script is unfortunately not compatible with this Mod. (Unstable with it, stable without it on my PC).

pja
x4

Post by pja » Mon, 9. Jun 08, 18:06

Good work on this one, I also tried the Janus start and have played to the point where I have nearly all the sectors explored and have upgraded to flying a Phantom. The mars turret scripts seem to be working fine with this mod and its doing a very good job switching the turrets between Kyons, Flaks and Psg's.
Has anyone else noticed that Pirates will sometimes report you to the ISF for disturbing the peace? I have even had Yaki assasination squads open up on me and then report me. I was surprised at first, but I suppose it adds a layer of realism. After all a Pirate would not be above lying to the authorities to shift blame for his crimes to others.
I am also geting a nearly constant stream of Yaki attacks. Now I am in two minds about this, since they are no real threat to me and provide a good income in caps and missile drops, the downside is that it forces me to keep flying a tooled up warship and seems rule out doing a little quiet trading in a TS.

lordofdragons
x3tc

Having some problems.

Post by lordofdragons » Mon, 9. Jun 08, 19:02

I started one of the custom scenrios, I can play for 10 minutes or so, but then things start to....change... When I start trying to cap ships all of my controls start shutting off i.e. o wont open my cargo bay, backspace wont make my ship stop. Everything stops up untill I cant even exit the game (the esc key stops working) and I have to shut it down with the task manager... This is a fresh x3 install with only a few scripts running. Please help.
Did I do that?

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Mon, 9. Jun 08, 23:32

hello, since Im an explorer I managed to find a sector called
Spoiler
Show
Brennans Secret
in which I found a
Spoiler
Show
Xenon LX
inside it there was a
Spoiler
Show
UNDEFINED item
, what is that?

Cedric_FP
x4

Post by Cedric_FP » Tue, 10. Jun 08, 04:33

Is this mod compatible with Ashley's XXL factories?

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Tue, 10. Jun 08, 06:27

@ Ezra-r: That's an interesting one. I will have a look at that.

@ Cedric_FP: We didn't test Ashley's Factories with the Mod.

Greenhorn
x3ap

Post by Greenhorn » Tue, 10. Jun 08, 08:00

Hi Phlt, playing custom NH. (1) In sector badlands, pleasure complex alpha has no items on station its all blank.
(2) How do you use camoflage componet.
Running latest Steam X3: Albion Prelude .v 3.1 + bonus pack.favorite single music :Coldplay - Something just like this.Muse - Supermassive blackhole.Audiomachine - Sol Invictus,Cinematic.And finally, Florent Zunino - Foundation - Titles.

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Tue, 10. Jun 08, 08:10

NH Mod didn't not change anything to X3 vanilla.

Are you talking about Camouflage device ?

Greenhorn
x3ap

Post by Greenhorn » Tue, 10. Jun 08, 08:37

Camouflage device ,yes i dont know how to use it.
Phlt said; NH Mod didn't not change anything to X3 vanilla. Ok. NH 2.0 ,pleasure complex alpha is all blank inside,theres no price or buy or sell item.. Could it be i have a corrupt game..
Running latest Steam X3: Albion Prelude .v 3.1 + bonus pack.favorite single music :Coldplay - Something just like this.Muse - Supermassive blackhole.Audiomachine - Sol Invictus,Cinematic.And finally, Florent Zunino - Foundation - Titles.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Tue, 10. Jun 08, 14:03

Greenhorn wrote:Camouflage device ,yes i dont know how to use it.
Phlt said; NH Mod didn't not change anything to X3 vanilla. Ok. NH 2.0 ,pleasure complex alpha is all blank inside,theres no price or buy or sell item.. Could it be i have a corrupt game..
Yes, Ive seen the camouflage device.. Is it usable? if so.. how does it work?

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”