[Mod] Apricot Salvage Mod (Beta)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

airport
x3

Post by airport » Fri, 19. Oct 07, 12:38

Can you just confirm what this MOD does. The way I read it it creates 12 wrecks at the start of a game in ramdom sectors. Now for a few questions

1) Now are these 12 in addition to the vanilla ones?

2) When you find one and claim it is a new wreck created in another ramdom sector?

3) Can this script be use with other MODS like XTM and XFP?

Thanks

airport.
There`s no such thing as Gravity.
The Earth just sucks!!!

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 19. Oct 07, 13:22

airport wrote: 1) Now are these 12 in addition to the vanilla ones?
Yes. Each time you start the game, 12 new ones get created, somewhere, and they could be any Ego ship.
2) When you find one and claim it is a new wreck created in another ramdom sector?
They only get created when you start the game each time. So if you play all day, you get 12 ships, and if you play for 5 minutes and then save and restart, you will get 24 ships :)

If you start 5 times in a week without collecting any of them, then you will have 60 ships out there waiting for you.
3) Can this script be use with other MODS like XTM and XFP?
Mostly it is scripts. My scripts should be. Sos mk2 should be, but if it has a problem, you can delete the scripts and use the emp version called claims. I dont know about Debris or Stations in HQ, they are too new. Someone will have to try them. Autotrade (UT) is modified from the Bonus patch 3.1.07, so should also be fine.

The mod contains just a PHQ definition, installed as a false patch. I sugest it is the highest number. So if you have XTM loaded as 10, then the HQ should be numbered 11.

Warning though : The jump script has one minor missing element. It doesnt check that something is already where it wants to jump you too ! lol So I'm pretty sure that with one of the plot ships, you jump in on top of the squash mine protecting it, or damn close. I'm also not sure what will happen if a roid happens to be there. I'd done hundreds of test jumps and so far nothing untoward has happened. But......thats what beta is for :)

airport
x3

Post by airport » Fri, 19. Oct 07, 13:43

Cheers for that apricotslice sounds like a great addition to the game.

Just one last thing do you have to use the provided ship and its software to find and salvage the wrecks. Could you say use any ship of your choice and say use the Salvage Network 2.7 software by TECSG to locate the wrecks and navigate your own route to them rather than using the auto goto?

Also can the software upgrades that you include in the provided start ship be transfered to a another ship when you upgrade to a bigger faster better armed ship?

Thanks

airport.
The Earth just sucks!!!

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 19. Oct 07, 13:50

I'm not familiar with salvage network, so cant comment. But if its locating ships that are nuetral race, then should work.

Anything on your current ship can be moved. The mod doesnt change that.

airport
x3

Post by airport » Sat, 20. Oct 07, 17:06

I have done a few restarts with this script running and currently have around 60 wrecks to claim.

Now I am currently using the XTM MOD which has around 90 new sectors. I have a print out of the map for the XTM MOD and I have plotted all the wrecks on it. What I have found is that all the new wrecks are only in default sectors non in the new XTM sectors. Is this correct and if so is there way to alter the script so it will produce wrecks in the new XTM sectors.

airport.
The Earth just sucks!!!

bob hope
x3

Post by bob hope » Sat, 20. Oct 07, 20:11

i was just wondering, would it be possible for you just to do an spk with the 50mill PHQ and being sold at boron shipyards? i dont need the rest of the scripts, i am sure im not the only one who would like this, its a lot better than fluffing up whole systems with 1 complex thats just making weapons that you have to mess about to make.

This would be great if it could happen
About the name - i was lost for a name on the forum and looking round, then a Bob Hope film came on, and i thought "that will do nicely"

i was born and raised argumentative i dont mean to offend ...... sorry

airport
x3

Post by airport » Sun, 21. Oct 07, 01:18

I have tryed this script with both XTM and XFP MODS with the same result with both.

The result is that it knocks out all the gates to all the add-on sectors and only leaves you access to the vanilla sectors. I tryed several sectors on both the MODS which have ajoining new sectors and in each the nav maps have the gates missing and the gates can`t be found where they normally are in the MODDED sectors.

As an eg in the XFP MOD in the sector Napileo`s Memorial there in a special gate to the north which can be seen when you enter the sector via the west gate from Danna`s Chance. With this script installed the special gate to the north can`t be seen when entering from the west and no amount of flying around the sector can locate the gate. Also the gate which is suppose to be to the north is not displayed on the Nav Map.

Great script for the vanilla game but for me its just not working right with the MODS I use and I will not play the vanilla version.

airport.
The Earth just sucks!!!

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 21. Oct 07, 03:33

Bob Hope, definitely.

Edit : http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=192312

airport, how bizarre !

There is nothing in any of these scripts that I would have thought would impact on XTM in any way, let alone interfere with maps. And the mod itself is purely a PHQ file. There is nothing to do with maps, and no scripts that alter sectors.

In what order do you have what false patches ? 09 is v2, whats after that ?

airport
x3

Post by airport » Sun, 21. Oct 07, 13:08

OK I have now run a couple of tests and I think I know whats causing the problem but not why.

What I have done is completely un-install X3 and all MODS and scripts.

I then re-installed X3 and patched it all the way to 2.0.0.2 and the latest Bonus pack.

I then installed XFP which installs to the MODS folder and not as a false patch. I the installed your MODS and had the false MODS number as 10. So all that is installed is the main program files, the bonus pack, XFP MOD and your MOD.

I then started X3 with the XFP MOD running and started a New Game as Aspiring Explorer and flow manually to Napileo Memorial and the North Gate was clearly visable when I entered the sector from the west. Bear in mind that the north gate is a gate added by XFP MOD.

I then exited the game and restarted this time using the save game file which you provide with the MOD. To save time I used the jump drive and jumped to the west gate in Napileo Memorial and this time the north gate had gone and no sign of it on the nav map.

So in conclusion it appears that the MOD its self works but there is something in the save game file that is knocking out MODDED gates and sectors.

airport.
The Earth just sucks!!!

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 21. Oct 07, 13:19

oh....yes.

The save game is on a vanilla game.

The game does not load maps dynamically. It does so when you start the game up, but the save contains what was there at the time of the save. So when you load a save, it will not contain anything new in the way of maps or mods that are added to the game after the save was made.

Map changes are major mods to the game and require a game restart. They cant be done on the fly. However, it is possible to do this in script (eg. version 2's extra sectors), but thats beyond me. XTM must do it with maps.

I suggest then you ignore the save game. If you want to start a new one, use LV's cheats to add a jumpdrive, fight 1 and 2, special commands, and nav 1, plus some ecells to your disco. Thats basically all thats there. The save is more for people who havent unlocked the alternate starts.

airport
x3

Post by airport » Sun, 21. Oct 07, 13:27

Cheers for the reply. I will start a fresh game latter and I will do things the hard way and trade myself to enought credits and rep to buy the items I need. It`s more fun that way.

airport.
The Earth just sucks!!!

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 21. Oct 07, 13:31

To start finding the derelict ships, you need jumpdrive, nav 1 and ecells minimum. So about 110k. After that, if your first couple of jumps are rewarding, money is less of a worry. :)

airport
x3

Post by airport » Mon, 22. Oct 07, 00:26

Cheer for the advice. I started a fresh game and was lucky that there was a wreck in Ore Belt which as you know is next to the system you start in and Ore Belt has the added bonus of a container with 75k of credits.

So far have claimed 4 wrecks and sold them for around 3 mil in total and spent nearly a mil on ship upgrades so far.

Like I said this is a great script and a must have for salvage hunters like me. The only thing I haven`t got yet is nav 1 and nav 2 software but I`m working on my Argon rep so should be able to buy it shortly.

airport.
The Earth just sucks!!!

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 22. Oct 07, 03:06

Great to hear :)

I had the "big red shock" yesterday. Jumped fair and square into the middle of Xenon 347. No warning, just an all red nav map with a single grey about 3km away. I had just enough time to claim the ship and beam it aboard before the hits started on my shields and I jumped out again.

I've had several of these before, but usually out on the fringes somewhere where the Xenon scanners dont pick me up. This one was plumb in the middle :)

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 25. Oct 07, 11:24

Well it finally happened.

Yesterday I jumped in sector for a derelict ship, there was a loud boom and I thought, wtf was that, and minute later, how come theres no derelict ship here.

Just now however, there was a large boom, and then "the end".

Arrrrgggg !!!! :o

Oh well. just as well I didnt lose much between that and the previous save. But it just goes to show, theres a potentially lethal ship out there :)

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”