[Bonus Plugin] Mobile Mining / Mineral Collection Software

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

rlpowell
x3tc

Post by rlpowell » Fri, 29. Aug 08, 00:15

Oh. OK. Thanks.

One more question, then:

My ship seems to be *really* keen on collecting Ore, even though there's a ton of Silicon around and easily available. Is there any way to convince it to get the Silicon?

-Robin

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 29. Aug 08, 07:58

Yes, there is a way.

This script is part of Bonuspack. Bonuspack installation includes a Readme document. It has a section about this script. Chapter "General Features" has the answer.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

rlpowell
x3tc

Post by rlpowell » Fri, 29. Aug 08, 17:05

jlehtone wrote:Yes, there is a way.

This script is part of Bonuspack. Bonuspack installation includes a Readme document. It has a section about this script. Chapter "General Features" has the answer.
I *swear* I read that. Somehow I missed that part. I'm so sorry. :(

Thanks.

-Robin

The Rogue Trader
xr

Post by The Rogue Trader » Wed, 10. Sep 08, 16:08

I have 22 Mercurys breaking and collecting in CBSW along with 10 Novas breaking rocks. This operation has been running for 3 days so far and there still going..... :D

uptheirons

mobile mining/mineral collection script by bunny..a question.

Post by uptheirons » Thu, 26. Mar 09, 13:35

when a mobile miner has exhausted a sector of rocks to break down, will the rocks then re-spawn later on or do they stay gone.

just need to know as i have 2 mobile miners saying there are no rocks to mine, starting larger search.
AMD 5000+ DUAL CORE
NVIDIA 8400GS 512MB
2 GIG MEMORY

CARD AND MEMORY TO BE UGRADED.......UP THE IRONS !!

dpadula
x4

Post by dpadula » Thu, 26. Mar 09, 16:58

As long as they used the Mobile Mining Laser it will respawn. If you read the documents in the readme folder about the Mobile Mining script it should confirm it in there.
-----
Dell Precision 3600
12 gb ram
Nvidia 1060
256 gd boot ssd and 1 tb data ssd
Windows 10

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 26. Mar 09, 19:41

And if you would follow the Forum Rules, you would ask in the proper thread. Merge.

uptheirons

easier

Post by uptheirons » Fri, 27. Mar 09, 13:45

would have just been easier to tell him wouldnt it?
AMD 5000+ DUAL CORE
NVIDIA 8400GS 512MB
2 GIG MEMORY

CARD AND MEMORY TO BE UGRADED.......UP THE IRONS !!

Strancer

Post by Strancer » Sun, 28. Mar 10, 20:15

Hi all i post here because I have a problem. I feel sorry for those who say they read the readme, but as you say on here as I have read and i have a big problem that i cannot resolve :S. I have my X3R in spanish and i recently installed the bonus pack for this 2 commands: "Attack Rocks" and Mobile mining and i have problems when i write in the name of my ship "Silicon" they start to want Ore (the word in Spanish: Mena, for example: Minero Ishimura "Silicon" cannot start collecting Mena, he will start a long search) I rewrite the name of all my ships and nothing happens. This are the names that i tried:

TL-: Ishimura (Silicon), Ishimura "Silicon", Ishimura Silicon
TS-: Minero Ishimura (Silicon), Minero Ishimura "Silicon", Minero Ishimura Silicon/ M.Ishimura (Silicon), M.Ishimura "Silicon", M.Ishimura Silicon
M5-: (these works great, but i think because im near the rocks) Excavador Minero "Silicon", Excavador Minero (Silicon)

I tried with the names in Spanish, like Silicio, "Silicio", (Silicio), the only one name i've never tried (and is because my game haven't got special characters) is Silício (the correct word).

I don't know why is this problem, i tried the original and the translate into my language and nothing happens :(

PD: sorry for repeat too many times the word...

Edit: I tried what the manual says also, it says: Mines/Collects only the minerals carried by the home base (product or resource)

My TL have 10 silicons wafers

Edit: i moved the post from Bonus Pack thread to this i think is the correct thread, and i will delete the other :)

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Sun, 28. Mar 10, 20:29

I think, this may have something to do with it?

Available languages: English, German, French, Italian and Russian
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 28. Mar 10, 21:00

The names are not in the language file of the script, and therefore "available languages" should not be a problem.

IIRC, the script does fetch the name of mineral from the game files, ie it would look for spanish words in this case. Do the Asteroids, Mines, and wares use accented characters ingame?

Strancer

Post by Strancer » Sun, 28. Mar 10, 21:01

but even with fansites translates i cant solve my problem :S. I can see the commands and all ok, but they collect Ore instead of Silicon.

Edit: yes the Silicon in spanish use accented character ingame (Silício) and i can't write accented characters in my game i think this is the problem with the script but i don't know how to solve it

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 28. Mar 10, 21:11

That is a problem with the game interface, rather than the script.

One could possibly write a simple script, which on execution fetches the same string as the Mining script does, and appends it to the name of a ship.

Probably easier, one could modify the text file that holds the offending accented name.

Strancer

Post by Strancer » Sun, 28. Mar 10, 21:26

so if i locate the script where the name of the silicon is located, i could remove the accent, but what are the names of the script from this plugin?

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sun, 28. Mar 10, 21:37

I believe the actual script is plugin.bms.mainscript, in the 'TL overrides start' section.

The text will be in one of the 340001 t-file pages.

EDIT: Although, either I have an older version of the script or t-file, or this is wrong:

Code: Select all

* TL overrides start
$ShipName = [THIS]->get name
$ResourceName = read text: page=35 id=1102539
$Uses = find position of pattern $ResourceName in $ShipName
if $Uses >= 0 
$UsesOre = [TRUE] 
$UsesSilicon = [FALSE] 
$UsesNividium = [FALSE] 
end

$ResourceName = read text: page=17 id=2023
if $Uses >= 0 
$UsesOre = [FALSE] 
$UsesSilicon = [TRUE] 
$UsesNividium = [FALSE] 
end

$ResourceName = read text: page=17 id=5323
if $Uses >= 0 
$UsesOre = [FALSE] 
$UsesSilicon = [FALSE] 
$UsesNividium = [TRUE] 
end
17:2023 is Ore, 35:1102539 is Silicon (and they're used as such slightly later).

Strancer

Post by Strancer » Sun, 28. Mar 10, 23:17

thanks to all i will tray it later and i edit the post with the results :)

staffordz

Post by staffordz » Fri, 27. Sep 13, 16:37

Is there an available mirror to download this script? The original host seems to be down.

Edit: Just realized this is for Reunion and now I can't for the life of me find an X3TC mobile mining script... can anyone help?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 28. Sep 13, 00:02

There are already some mobile mining commands included in the vanilla game. Best to ask in the X-Universe forum about them. For an improved version, you can have a look at DrBullwinkle's Mobile Mining Mk2 script.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

razgriz02

Post by razgriz02 » Tue, 11. Nov 14, 19:51

Mmmm, where is the download button ?

I checked on the author post, nothing to be found. The "banner" links to a (buggy) website where the sript doesn't seem to be uploaded.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 11. Nov 14, 19:58

Scripts marked as [Bonus Plugin] are part of the Bonus package, which can be downloaded here.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”