[Bonus Plugin] Mobile Mining / Mineral Collection Software

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 13. Jun 08, 23:08

Do your Dolphins have Transporter Devices installed in them? They have to be able to beam the collected ore into the TL, since they can't dock. And yes, it's mentioned in the sticky and the readme.

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Fri, 13. Jun 08, 23:17

Yes they have transporter devices, I read that much, and since I'm running XTM they can also dock to the TL if they had to. . . . . is that a problem?
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 13. Jun 08, 23:24

Bishop149 wrote:do their cargobays have to be over a certain % full
Not sure, but I think "quite full" is the threshold. I doubt if they even check for chance to dock with TL, just if they have the Transporter Device. IIRC, Falcon Haulers as collectors never docked to TL while working IS (vanilla), and they always filled themselves to the brim.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Sat, 14. Jun 08, 01:28

Cool, have switched the dolphins for ships with smaller cargobays as I would like more regular deliveries. . . . I'll see how it pans out.
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Sat, 14. Jun 08, 01:43

Just a thought. Are you using the 'Collect rocks' or the Collect Minerals in Sector' command. It's the latter that you want, that interacts with the station/Tl of your choice. The former is just a generic collection routine and won't unload to your TL.

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Sat, 14. Jun 08, 03:00

"Collect minerals" is what I've been using and its all working now with the smaller cargo bay ships.
Collecting 2-3000 ubits of Nividium to fill a dolphins cargobay would have taken a LONG time. . . . . guess thats why it never dropped off, never got full enough.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 14. Jun 08, 08:37

Bishop149 wrote:Collecting 2-3000 ubits of Nividium to fill a dolphins cargobay would have taken a LONG time. . . . . guess thats why it never dropped off, never got full enough.
Very true. While in Kha'ak space, I started with Caiman Miners, but noticed that it took time, and it really is not fun to lose an "almost full" collector. In that duty the Falcon Haulers (room for ~80 Nividium) were much more "stable".

But bigger ship makes less unloading trips and does thus relatively more collecting. [ Assuming that it can unload to somewhere with enough space. A collector, even a smallish one, in Trade mode is unlikely to sell whole load into single NPC station, for their stocks (and needs) are limited. ]

Starcub
x4

Post by Starcub » Mon, 28. Jul 08, 08:49

Nice script, but is there a reason why my bigmissle laser equipped Caiman Miner can't figure out how to break map asteroids on his own?

If I'm crushing rocks I want to do it in my GPSG equipped M7 baby!!! not some punny tin can w/ a pea shooter...grumble.. grumble.. :rant:

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 28. Jul 08, 17:08

Starcub wrote:Nice script, but is there a reason why my bigmissle laser equipped Caiman Miner can't figure out how to break map asteroids on his own?
You can build a Mine on map asteroid. The number of those asteroids is finite. It is simpler to blow them yourself than add one more option to the Miner script. As it is, you have total control over which map asteroids stay, and which are mined. That would be my guess on the "reason".

rlpowell
x3tc

Can't make it work. :(

Post by rlpowell » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 19:10

I'm using the Steam version, I have the latest bonus pack installed. I bought a Caiman Miner.

The "Collect Minerals" option appears, but it is greyed out. I have most optional softwares installed (although not Trade 3 or Fight 2). I have a mobile drilling system. No other weapons.

Help?

-Robin

rlpowell
x3tc

Post by rlpowell » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 19:20

Oh, I don't have a Home Base set. I don't really have anything to set it *to*. Does that matter?

-Robin

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 21:20

* Required:
- Ore collector
- Mineral scanner
- Special commands software
No home set => work in Trade mode.

You are not flying the ship, are you?

rlpowell
x3tc

Post by rlpowell » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 22:22

jlehtone wrote:
* Required:
- Ore collector
- Mineral scanner

I have all of those things. Yes, I am flying the ship.

-Robin

rlpowell
x3tc

Post by rlpowell » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 22:24

rlpowell wrote:
jlehtone wrote:
* Required:
- Ore collector
- Mineral scanner

I have all of those things. Yes, I am flying the ship.

-Robin
In fact, the Caiman Miner comes with all of those things built in.

-Robin

Poobah
x3tc

Post by Poobah » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 22:53

You can't be flying the ship, it's an automated thing... like the Sector/Universe Traders.
Lead me not into temptation,
For I can find the way myself!

rlpowell
x3tc

Post by rlpowell » Fri, 29. Aug 08, 00:15

Oh. OK. Thanks.

One more question, then:

My ship seems to be *really* keen on collecting Ore, even though there's a ton of Silicon around and easily available. Is there any way to convince it to get the Silicon?

-Robin

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 29. Aug 08, 07:58

Yes, there is a way.

This script is part of Bonuspack. Bonuspack installation includes a Readme document. It has a section about this script. Chapter "General Features" has the answer.

rlpowell
x3tc

Post by rlpowell » Fri, 29. Aug 08, 17:05

jlehtone wrote:Yes, there is a way.

This script is part of Bonuspack. Bonuspack installation includes a Readme document. It has a section about this script. Chapter "General Features" has the answer.
I *swear* I read that. Somehow I missed that part. I'm so sorry. :(

Thanks.

-Robin

The Rogue Trader
xr

Post by The Rogue Trader » Wed, 10. Sep 08, 16:08

I have 22 Mercurys breaking and collecting in CBSW along with 10 Novas breaking rocks. This operation has been running for 3 days so far and there still going..... :D

uptheirons

mobile mining/mineral collection script by bunny..a question.

Post by uptheirons » Thu, 26. Mar 09, 13:35

when a mobile miner has exhausted a sector of rocks to break down, will the rocks then re-spawn later on or do they stay gone.

just need to know as i have 2 mobile miners saying there are no rocks to mine, starting larger search.
AMD 5000+ DUAL CORE
NVIDIA 8400GS 512MB
2 GIG MEMORY

CARD AND MEMORY TO BE UGRADED.......UP THE IRONS !!

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”