[SCRIPT] Auto Debris Harvestor v2.01 by Nividium 10/20/2007 UPDATED

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

xxbluedragonxx

Post by xxbluedragonxx » Mon, 8. Oct 07, 14:15

Hi, I was wondering if the script checks dockware manager limits at player owned docks?

The reason I ask is because I put my HQ in a rocky sector and moved the mining fleet there to help clean it up. Most of the time they fly off to other factories and sell as usual but sometimes I notice them offloading at the HQ. I have the HQ trade with other races off and prices average.

I guess the ship couldn't find any other stations in the area with better price than average so it sold to the HQ instead. It's not a big problem but if the dockware manager stock limit is not adhered to it could in theory put more ore and silicon in a player dock than is wanted there.

If it isn't a difficult change it would be useful to add that in so dockware limits are used? Thanks!

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Mon, 8. Oct 07, 17:04

Yes, the Auto Debris Harvestor if set to autotrade ie does not have a homebase assigned, will occassionally unload minerals to any of your stations that use minerals too. Especially if you place them in the areas where the miner is assigned to work. If I remember now, they also take distance into consideration, so best price with min jumps is used. Are they causing a real problem or is it just an "in theory" possibility at this point? Also, how many miners do you have and how many are working within say 1 - 2 sectors around your HQ ?

xxbluedragonxx

Post by xxbluedragonxx » Mon, 8. Oct 07, 19:20

It isn't a terrible problem because I am currently using the ore for ship building and I have a trading station which sells the excess wares anyway. Though they do definitely unload at the HQ sometimes. I have 10 miners in Seizewell and my HQ is near the north gate so all in the same sector. After they have cleaned up Seizewell I plan to move them to Kingdom End so the probability of them unloading anything at my HQ will be very low because it's quite far away anyway.

Just a suggestion really if it was a very quick fix with minor effort it would be a nice addition, otherwise it isn't a major issue. Another handy use for the limit would be to assign the miner to a HQ or player dock then it would mine only what's needed for that dock :)

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Mon, 8. Oct 07, 23:53

It already has that function. Just assign a Homebase to a Debris Harvestor and it will only mine for the dock,station or factory that it is assigned to. :D

xxbluedragonxx

Post by xxbluedragonxx » Tue, 9. Oct 07, 01:38

Sorry I meant up to the dockware manager limit if one is assigned? Otherwise it will keep mining until the whole dock is full which is bad especially for a HQ :)

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Tue, 9. Oct 07, 07:35

xxbluedragonxx wrote:Sorry I meant up to the dockware manager limit if one is assigned? Otherwise it will keep mining until the whole dock is full which is bad especially for a HQ :)
Yes, ok. But what does that have to do with Auto Debris Harvestors? Has this actually happened to you? It is the HQ script that sets the limit on max storage of a type of ware. This has nothing to do with my script. Auto Debris Harvestor will check a stations max storage and if it is set at a limit it will abibe by that limit. Don't know what else to say about that.

xxbluedragonxx

Post by xxbluedragonxx » Tue, 9. Oct 07, 12:03

Ah ok! I will have to try that some more sometime. I just read that the dockware manager limit is only used by CLS and CAG ships otherwise ignored by all other traders. Hence wondering what would happen with your script.

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Tue, 9. Oct 07, 20:32

xxbluedragonxx wrote:Ah ok! I will have to try that some more sometime. I just read that the dockware manager limit is only used by CLS and CAG ships otherwise ignored by all other traders. Hence wondering what would happen with your script.
Well if the HQ and CLS and CAG are using some sort of non standard code to define a wares "max cargo space", then I guess the Auto Debris Harvestor is not going to work as it only uses standard approaches to things. Don't know. With X3 it appears that you toss the dice and maybe something works with one dude and doesn't work with some other Player.

Gammel

Post by Gammel » Tue, 9. Oct 07, 23:36

Well I got to finally using this last night. It works tops! :D Transports with this software are really fast! I have a complex that makes (at the moment) aHEPTs and aPPCs and its being fully supplied by a single transport! :o I thought I would have had to at least run two or three! But just one! Its exceeded my expectations!

Homebasing them to the TL didn't work, however. When I tried to start it mining I got a massage that "the home base does not require minerals, harvester on stand by until given further instructions" Or something to that effect.
I didn't much mind, I was only trying to save Energy Cells. Even though the sector being mined, and the sector where the homebase was were right next to each other. So the jumps either way would have costed a measly 5ECs. All of which I got for free anyway by destroying Yaki Mobile Bases.
Yeah....so I'm cheap. :lol:

I guess the point of this post is...awesome script! :D :thumb_up:
!!! Caution!!!
Signature lost!
Please contact your Admin!

Pogi
x2

Post by Pogi » Wed, 10. Oct 07, 00:09

@Gammel...Yeah I agree...I've uninstalled my other mining scripts in favor of this one....Played for several hours and got a message from one of the miners that he could not find debris in Three Worlds..Went up there to check it out and WOW! He had cleaned it out..It took several hours of game time (single miner there)..I only run 4 miners now and may reduce to 2 running this (free-trading)..Good stuff.
X3..The most fun a man can have...With his clothes on.

Gammel

Post by Gammel » Wed, 10. Oct 07, 01:02

I do have a question though..now that I remember.
The next sector on the menu (hehe) will be Split Fire. But that sector has a decent load of rocks well in the atmosphere of the planet. It the Harvester goes after those rocks, he will most likely be destroyed.
Will the harvester avoid those rocks?
!!! Caution!!!
Signature lost!
Please contact your Admin!

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Wed, 10. Oct 07, 01:41

Gammel wrote:I do have a question though..now that I remember.
The next sector on the menu (hehe) will be Split Fire. But that sector has a decent load of rocks well in the atmosphere of the planet. It the Harvester goes after those rocks, he will most likely be destroyed.
Will the harvester avoid those rocks?

:lol:

Guess you better not put any Harvestors in there.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 10. Oct 07, 02:58

Just saw your entry in the scripts sticky thread.

Can you clarify exactly what they are collecting ?

Is this the X3 1.4 roids added to make sectors look more cluttered ? If so, is the script avoiding the need to break them up first ?

Now I know about this, I will simply put down a HQ somewhere close and homebase to it. I use a modifed HQ with 50mil space, so its not an issue how much is collected. Then the HQ can sell the stuff, and a cargo hauler can move it to whatever complex needs it using 1-way script. I will also need to modify the script to allow my M6 and M5 vessels to use it, since my modified ships have replaced freighters for most things in my game. :)

Q. Have you thought of getting the ships to also beam floating wares onboard while they are at it ? It would be useful for them to clean out a home sector and collect dropped stuff that your home patrol creates keeping the peace. And if so, can you make that into a player useful command. It would be so much better if we could beam containers on board from a distance instead of getting a vulnerable snail to pick them up.

Edit : The site for download seems to be intermittently not finding your page, and the one time I did get it downloaded, the installer crashes. Not sure if its a corrupt download, or a genuine problem with the file.

Edit2 : Got another download to a different file name and the installer says it cant open the script package.

xxbluedragonxx

Post by xxbluedragonxx » Wed, 10. Oct 07, 03:34

The mining ship trades the ore and wafers automatically if you don't use a homebase! But if you use home base they will drop it off there. They collect all the rocks which are not shown on the sector map but if you want to get rid of those too then just shoot them :) I've used this script to clean up Home of Light and also Seizewell. Seizewell is my HQ home as well and it is MUCH nicer without any rocks. It has some nice asteroids, lots of room and lots of useful factories near.

With 10 Demeter Haulers in Seizewell it took some days real time which is still much faster than otherwise!

But please make another script or variant for crates if you do ;) Better not to put too much of different things in one script type I think :D

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Wed, 10. Oct 07, 03:38

Hi apricotslice,
they collect scannible small Asteroid Clusters that do not show up on your Sector map.

Yes this is for the X3 1.4 roids. Yes this script is avoiding the need to break them up first.

No I have not thought about getting the Harvestors to beam or use other methods to collect Flying Wares.

The website used to host the spk files is like any other and has intermittent problems and some down time like any other (there are 15 million websites being hosted by them). Anyhow, the download links and pages are working fine. Are you using the latest Cycrow Plugin Manager?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 10. Oct 07, 03:40

Possibly not, I'll go check it now.

Edit : Oops, yes, thats the problem. Looks like hes been busy and I hadnt noticed. :oops:

Edit2 : Yes, he brought out a whole new program and I didnt notice, still using the old one !

Whole lot of raving deleted because it upset Nividium. Sorry.

Freedoms End is chocka full of junk roids, why cant the command find anything in there ?
Last edited by apricotslice on Wed, 10. Oct 07, 09:48, edited 1 time in total.

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Wed, 10. Oct 07, 07:30

Hello apricotslice,
I have no comment and will not respond to the situations you describe, after you have sliced and diced my script. Now you want me to comment on why it does this or that based on your customizations.

I don't think so.

Pogi
x2

Post by Pogi » Wed, 10. Oct 07, 07:57

@apricotslice....You need to run this script a while I think. It moves ore pretty fast and takes some very long jumps at times. (it is not "always" going to the SPP excessive either)

The stuff in Freedoms Reach is all zero (0)...Can not be collected...

Bunny's scripts combined with Nividiums "Mining Relay Station" are good if you like to watch the action...Actually the combination of Bunny's and Nividiums work well together in any game....They have different approaches to clearing out the debri...Its alwas good to have many options, even better when they work together to enhance the game.

Homebase a few of these TS to your HQ or HB them to a station..It will fill up quickly...Cheers

Running them as "Free-Traders" in my opinion is the best..Great AI and not limited to just 1 sector jump....Cheers
X3..The most fun a man can have...With his clothes on.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 10. Oct 07, 09:45

Nividium, I'm sorry I upset you, that wasnt my intention.

Pogi, thanks, that makes sense.

xxbluedragonxx

Post by xxbluedragonxx » Wed, 10. Oct 07, 12:56

I didn't try this yet because can the script work from a TL?? I figured since my TL is not doing anything I could set it to work as a huge mining ship! :)

p.s. I have been using the script since the release and it has no problems! Great script I think it should be signed! It really makes mobile mining viable!

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”