[XTM - TECH. SUPPORT] Technical support for Xtended Mod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Boris_The_Blade

Post by Boris_The_Blade » Fri, 10. Aug 07, 05:58

Do you have the Treasure Hunt script installed?
I think its that one. It moves all the ships to different random locations, and adds more free floating stuff.

Maybe a Khaak came through and destroyed it?

Vitez
xr

Post by Vitez » Fri, 10. Aug 07, 12:18

Someone plaese help! I re-installed X3, no mods/scripts are on, downloaded the newest patch. Downloaded the xsp and rar, installed the things in the .rar to C:\Program Files\DeepSilver\X3 Reunion, installed, but nothings happening. PLease help! (+can I install LV's cheat after it?)
Thanks!
I don't hate Steam.
I don't love Steam.
I use it.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 10. Aug 07, 17:06

What do you mean, "nothing's happening"? The game is playing as normal as if you didn't have the mod installed? The game won't run at all? Your computer has just died? Which is it?

Vitez
xr

Post by Vitez » Fri, 10. Aug 07, 19:37

Sorry :oops: "Nothings happening": the game is running as if I didnt install the XTM. Nutnoze had the same problem here http://www.thexuniverse.com/viewtopic.php?t=6106
I don't hate Steam.
I don't love Steam.
I use it.

razorhead
x4

Post by razorhead » Fri, 10. Aug 07, 20:20

i suppose nobody knows what i can do to solve the problem then?
Is there any way for me to erase the terracorp shipyard from the map in Home of Light? that thing is giving serious problems since i first started the game because once i dock at the Headquarters, the station menu is completely gone and for some reason I'm now docked in the shipyard...

Without the menu i cannot buy or undock, and as you may know, jump drives are really handy, but i can't buy one because of this..

Oh, and the shipyard isn't even physical, i can't see it, but it shows on the map, and it's location is exactly the same as the headquarters.

Thanks for your help Smile

Iffy

Post by Iffy » Fri, 10. Aug 07, 23:15

Hey there,
Apparently this works fine with the mac version of x3.

However, I've spent hours trying to get this to work, I installed the mod files fine using Crossover (an app that allows you to run windows programs in osx), and can get cycrows script manager to install but not run :(
Is there any way to get hold of the extracted scripts?
Or install the scripts using the .spk file without using cycrows installer?

I hope you can help me guys.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 10. Aug 07, 23:26

i was planning on making a mac version of the isntaller.

but unfortuatlly, no one was willing to test it, so i give up on creating it

Maxithunder
x2

Post by Maxithunder » Sat, 11. Aug 07, 02:12

2 things,

A) This belon gs on the XTM forum : http://www.thexuniverse.com/index.php?s ... 09e8b73bb9

B) Its a sphere for a special event in the XTM plot, if you read a bit on the XTM forum, (the link i posted) you will find all the info about this new race, and how to make them friends.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 11. Aug 07, 08:01

Vitez wrote:Sorry :oops: "Nothings happening": the game is running as if I didnt install the XTM. Nutnoze had the same problem here http://www.thexuniverse.com/viewtopic.php?t=6106
And you definitely installed it correctly--e.g. copied the supplied .DAT and .CAT files as a new set into your X3 folder (NOT the Mods folder) and then installed the scripts using Cycrow's installer?

Vitez
xr

Post by Vitez » Sat, 11. Aug 07, 08:38

Finaly solved it: winrar created a new file in my x3 folder (the new file: XTM.7a), and put the CAT/DAT there, not where it should have been. Took me a looooooooooooooong time to figure it out :oops: :roll:
I don't hate Steam.
I don't love Steam.
I use it.

ShadowSlayer56

Post by ShadowSlayer56 » Sat, 11. Aug 07, 09:50

hi im havening some weird glitch where i turn on XTM and when i go in game i freeze instantly and have to Alt f4 my way out. i have reinstalled it reinstalled my game shut down ALL other mods and its only XTM thats being retarded. and yes i have installed it right.

saint_667
x3tc

XTM Screen Resolution

Post by saint_667 » Sat, 11. Aug 07, 18:29

Hi, I start the game in full resolution, i.e. 1260 x something wide screen, but when i start a new game it reverts the game to 650 something basic resolution. Anyone know how to sort this problem out. Thanks guys.

--- problem solved thanks

hotsho
x3

Mm3+ weapoons don't work

Post by hotsho » Mon, 13. Aug 07, 02:42

im using the XTM mod and i have completed the bala gia missions to get the m3+ but i can't the weapons to work on it the weapons on it or any i install.

thx
hotsho

Blackknight8x
xr

Post by Blackknight8x » Mon, 13. Aug 07, 03:02

have you tryed reloading your last save from before you got the M3+ and seeing if the same thing happens again ?

This could maybe fix things ?
that's life, you live and you learn. you make a choice, sometimes it's right and sometimes it's wrong, but were always learning and it's the learning that shapes the next choice we make in life.
X-3
think, trade, fight, build, explore,
but most of all learn

hotsho
x3

Post by hotsho » Mon, 13. Aug 07, 04:15

no can't do that i have lot of time invested after i got it?

thx
hotshot

cboath
x3tc

Cycrows SPK Explorer linked from within the Installing XTended 0.7 PDF

Post by cboath » Mon, 13. Aug 07, 12:48

I think i need to refer to a dozen or different screens/items to describe the steps i have taken to reach the impasse i am at.

I have downloaded the XTM .7a mod, scripts and the manual from this page http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=181941.

I downloaded Cycrows installer from the link within the Installing Xtended 0.7 pdf manual.

Nevermind as i figured it out. It isnt exactly how the Installing XTended 0.7 manual says how to do it. I am actually going to uninstall it and reinstall as i think the directions are 50% wrong but as i just looked at it again and cant remember everything 100% i will look at it again later instead of making a complete fool out of myself.

Signing off,
Long time member (X beyond the frontier) my first post i think

JumperBR
x2

Post by JumperBR » Mon, 13. Aug 07, 16:28

Hi, Im having some problem with the missiles in game: they show as containers instead of missiles.
I did a fresh reinstall, copied some of my scripts, no mods installed...
What can be wrong here? What can I do to solve it?
Apparently thats the only thing wrong in the game...

thx for any help
Mai ingrish iz gud?

martyn38
x3

xtended - is it working properly?

Post by martyn38 » Mon, 13. Aug 07, 18:39

my question is this, i downloaded the xtended add on as soon as i started and the review said there are 90 new systems including the terran system.
could anybody please tell me where the new systems start as i cannot seem to find them. when i downloaded the xtension pack i carried on with a save game from the normal game. all the ships engine trails, different station designs, even the loading screens etc are there. i just dont know if i have found any of the new sectors.

please help, just need to know if the mod is working properly.

cheers
I THINK THEREFORE I CANT BE BOTHERED ...

Unserene
x4

Re: xtended - is it working properly?

Post by Unserene » Mon, 13. Aug 07, 19:54

martyn38 wrote:my question is this, i downloaded the xtended add on as soon as i started and the review said there are 90 new systems including the terran system.
could anybody please tell me where the new systems start as i cannot seem to find them. when i downloaded the xtension pack i carried on with a save game from the normal game. all the ships engine trails, different station designs, even the loading screens etc are there. i just dont know if i have found any of the new sectors.

please help, just need to know if the mod is working properly.

cheers
In order to get the new sectors you have to start a new game. There is no way around this.
To use search?
It's a TURRET, not a "turrent". Learn to spell.

martyn38
x3

xtm 7a problems?

Post by martyn38 » Tue, 14. Aug 07, 02:38

i recently found out that the reason i could not access a lot of the xtm data, new systems etc was because i am currently playing a vanilla save game. so i decided to start again using one of the new starting points. but when i go to new game/custom options all i get is the xuniverse option. the other new starting points are not available. is there a way round this?

makes me want to go back to my original saved game and the millions of credits i have there.

any help much appreciated.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”