[XTM - TECH. SUPPORT] Technical support for Xtended Mod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Sat, 13. Aug 11, 19:10

Im really wanna to expand my vanilla universe into this one however as far as i know that is impossible to use my vanilla savedgame with this mod. Is this actually the case?

I know about the X3-X3 converter but 120 complexes here with around 2000 factories. 300+M1/M2 ... ... ... connect n configure them all would take the same ammount of time you re invested in this project :D
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Sun, 14. Aug 11, 10:49

From the XUinverse pages:
What you should know before starting

Now you have installed XTM, it's time to give it a testing...
But first, what you should know is that the X3 Engine runs through it's initialisation when you start a new game - this means that it sets up sectors etc.

If you do not start a new game,

You will not get any of the NEW XTM sectors, -
all the pirates will be squeezed into the existing ones (good if you like them).
You will not be able to do the XTM Plot.
You will also not be able to get some of the M0 ships!
(Although you can still get a Leviathan).

You can convert save games and that can be done with the save-game converter,
but note the list above showing what you will not get.
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Sun, 14. Aug 11, 18:17

Thought it will take longer time till i get an answer :D Thank You
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

tictacman88

can someone help me

Post by tictacman88 » Fri, 19. Aug 11, 05:07

I would like to change the look of the marurdar ship in the xtended mod is this possible if it is can someone please help me

Mr_Blastman
x4

Post by Mr_Blastman » Tue, 6. Sep 11, 00:47

I notice I can buy Marines in X-Tended. Does this mean I can board enemy ships with them in Reunion, and if so, how (what key)?

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Tue, 6. Sep 11, 19:31

Mr_Blastman wrote:I notice I can buy Marines in X-Tended. Does this mean I can board enemy ships with them in Reunion, and if so, how (what key)?
Try this
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

Mr_Blastman
x4

Post by Mr_Blastman » Wed, 7. Sep 11, 03:13

Hah, nice. Thanks. :)

After much contemplation (and 24 hours in-game time), I've decided I want to live the life of a scullywag brigand and hereby hoist my jolly roger in the name of profitssss!

Deeparth
x4

Post by Deeparth » Wed, 7. Sep 11, 15:36

Is MARS compatible with XTM?
Also, which custom start is the XTM plot?

Edit: Yep MARS is supposed to be compatible with XTM but it doesn't seem to work for me. I dont see the MARD turret commands.

Kari91

Post by Kari91 » Thu, 15. Dec 11, 13:06

Hello.

XTM freezes many times. I've been played only 2 hours, but it've frozen 3 or 4 times :evil: I can only leave game by opening the taskbar.

I'm using version 2.5, and I've installed the XTM Scripts v0.73 with Cycrow's Plugin Manager v2.12.

However, I've copied the XTM files into the Mods map, but not simply to the main directory.

I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.
My PC is:
AMD FX-6100
Kingston HyperX BLue DDR3 1600MHz 4096MB Dual Kit
Sapphire Radeon HD6850

Helios01
xr

X-Tended mod crash

Post by Helios01 » Fri, 6. Apr 12, 17:38

Hello, pilots. I have been using the Xtended mod for few days, without any problems. I wanted to discover a sector called The Hole for some new trading routes, because i haven't yet. But when i enter the gate, i see a black screen (typical sector loading) for few seconds, but then i get an error message forcing me to close this game...

Anyone else got this problem? Do you know how to fix it or do i have to get back to X2? :(
"If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars" - Carl Sagan

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 6. Apr 12, 18:08

Questions about scripts and mods should be asked in the appropriate scripts and mods thread.

***Merged***

I didn't play the XTM, but such things can also happen rarely in the vanilla game. The most likely reason for this, is a hanging script on an object in that sector. What you can do now, is sending a ship via autopilot in that sector and checking, if there is any abnormality. For example a ship that doesn't move. If that is the case, you could attack or destroy that ship to interrupt/end the hanging script.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Helios01
xr

Post by Helios01 » Fri, 6. Apr 12, 19:30

Thanks for quick reply! I will "scope" that system once I get to my PC, so you say that I should look for new modded stuff and eliminate it? Shouldn't more people have the same problem? It's maybe because I had problems with installing this into my CZ game :/... I will let you know if the problem is gone or not, hopefully soon
"If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars" - Carl Sagan

Helios01
xr

Post by Helios01 » Fri, 6. Apr 12, 21:22

So i've just sent my Discoverer there and it discovered nothing unusual. I ejected 2 nav sats, commanded it to fly everywhere around to find all 4 gates, but really nothing unusual. Only few modded ships such as Argon Cerbeus or Eclipse (if it's modded too, i forgot) were flying around, but they aren't causing any probs when i fly around them in other systems.

There was maybe one unusual thingy, the weapons platform. It was staying close to the west gate, connecting Herron's nebula with it. Also, it's the same gate that my remote controlled Disco used. But I think that I was able to see the orbital wep platform without any problems, when I was trying the new custom starts, it was in the Goner one i think.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 9. Apr 12, 13:23

I've never played the XTM, so can't really say, what is or isn't unusual. In the Vanilla game I normally look for ownerless ships that still run some scripts, ships that move in a strange way, e.g. fly in circles or between two positions back and forth, or simply don't fit in that area. However, I have here two simple scripts for you:

1. a.destroy.xml
2. a.destroy.single.xml

The first can destroy all ships or stations (except for player own property) in a given sector. It's a little bit radical, but it should help to prove my assumption. The second is just a one line script that destroys the object it's running on.

As for installation and usage:
Download both scripts and copy them to your X3: Reunionen "scripts" folder. Start the game, activate and open the script editor. In the script list of the script editor search both scripts (both should be at the top of the list). Run them by highlighting them, pressing 'r' and selecting the arguments the scripts ask for.

1. a.destroy: The first input its asking you for, is the object the script should run on, simply select 'null' here (press 'Enter'). The second argument is a sector and the third a number that represents an action the script should do (1 = destroy all ships, 2 = destroy all stations) in the given sector.

2. a.destroy.single: This script doesn't have any arguments. In the first input window you just have to select a ship or station the script should be run on. This ship or station will then be destroyed.

I would suggest to first use a.destroy to destroy all ships in The Hole. Afterwards try to enter the sector. If it's possible, you know that indeed a script on one of those ships caused the problem. Then you can either play along or load your save and use a.destroy.single to search and destroy the single culprit. If you can't enter the sector, load your save and destroy all stations. Same procedure and options as with the ships after that.

Destroying all ships at once is easier, however the chance to destroy something plot specific or another important "thing" is also higher.
Last edited by X2-Illuminatus on Mon, 9. Apr 12, 17:43, edited 1 time in total.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Helios01
xr

Post by Helios01 » Mon, 9. Apr 12, 17:24

Thanks for reply, i downloaded both scripts, destroyed all ships in that sector and it worked. But it was really time-wasting to find out which one was causing the error, so i just cleared them all and saved my game. Now i can enter The Hole without any problems...

But another error appeared... When i enter Atreusis Clouds (east from The Hole), i get the crash again!! Isn't destroying all ships in one sector affecting the game forever? I would better like an ultimate fix for that so i won't need to clear out so many sectors. I tried to patch my XTM to 0.7.5, but it changed nothing, it asked me to replace some scripts, that's all. I still see 0.7.4 in menu.

When i sent my Discoverer and some navsats, i didn't see any big ships, so i tried to destroy all ships and it worked. But when i destroyed every ship one-by-one and then entering the sector, it crashed...

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Mon, 9. Apr 12, 22:26

Helios01 wrote:I still see 0.7.4 in menu.
The splash screen for XTM 0.7.5 was never changed. It was left as 0.7.4

Regarding your problem Helios. Do you use any other scripts/mods in conjunction with XTM? I ask because I had a similar problem, when I first started using XTM.

Everytime I entered Kingdom End, I would get a CTD. With no explination. After alot of messing about, I discovered it was because of a HUD mod I had installed. I had to contact the author, who informed me I had installed the wrong version. There was a serparate XTM version which I should've used. :roll: :oops:

Anywayz, after installing the correct version, everything worked.

Also. Have you done the install test from the AI menu? I think that's where it is. Activiating this will tell you if XTM is installed correctly.

Worth a try.
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Helios01
xr

Post by Helios01 » Tue, 10. Apr 12, 07:50

I have a cockpit mod installed too, from the main Egosoft page/X3R/Downloads. And the AI menu told me that the XTM is installed correctly

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Tue, 10. Apr 12, 11:16

The Egosoft Cockpit Mod is not the problem, as I have that installed to. Only problem is some XTM ships don't have cockpits that show.

Do you use any other scripts/mods?

EDIT: The following is from thexuniverse.com. It's a list of incompatible scripts. Although it is old. You may wish to register and post a thread on this site. As it is the home of the XTM mod.

Incompatible Scripts/Mods

DDRS
XFP
Rogueys Mod
Most HUD Mods
Cockpit Callback 1.4
Capital Ship Rebalance Mod by Galaxy
Goner Traders (0.7 has Goners in their own TS's anyway)
Nebel-Ex
Xai Corporation Ship Repair Facility (SRF)
Xai Corporation Station Command Suite (STCOM)
XaiCorp. Station Upgrades Framework
not proofed: 120K XTM Draw Distance v1.0’ by Avicenna
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Helios01
xr

Post by Helios01 » Tue, 10. Apr 12, 20:30

I only have a bonuspack installed. It doesn't contain any of these, right?

I already registered on The X Universe, recently they activated my account (took almost week for them to activate it, what a long time). I will tell them about my problem soon and will be informing this thread about what they suggested me, and vice versa

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Tue, 10. Apr 12, 21:10

Helios01 wrote:I only have a bonuspack installed. It doesn't contain any of these, right?
Correct.

So am I right in saying you only have installed:

The offical X3R Bonus Pack
Egosoft Cockpit Mod
Extended Mod

Was your X3R fully up to date, before you added XTM?
Helios01 wrote:I already registered on The X Universe, recently they activated my account (took almost week for them to activate it, what a long time). I will tell them about my problem soon and will be informing this thread about what they suggested me, and vice versa
Yeah. Somtimes that site can be a little.......quiet. lol But it's the best place to find out about XTM.
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”