[XTM - TECH. SUPPORT] Technical support for Xtended Mod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

xeon_1
x4

Post by xeon_1 » Sat, 4. Aug 07, 21:11

This is a problem with your joystick i think since xtm doesn't change anything in regards to the input devices

R.Bootneck
x4

Re: Using joystick in xtm 7a mod

Post by R.Bootneck » Sat, 4. Aug 07, 22:02

freakye wrote:After loading xtm 7 my x-45 joystick dosn't seem to work. Is the xtm work with a joystick?

Presuming you started a new game after installing XTM, the new game by default.loads the default controls settings. If you have mapped all your controls to the joystick, you ned to hit enter, options, controls, and reload the saved config you created for your joystick controls.
If you didn''t save your contols profile, and deleted x3, reinstalled then you've got the task of remapping your buttons

FYI when creating a custom controls profile it's stored in /x3directory/profiles" worth keeping a copy/backup elsewhere once your happy with a control set

freakye
x3

Post by freakye » Sat, 4. Aug 07, 23:06

Thanks for the help. Turns out Aux. 1 switch on throttle was in the second position.

atomicpig
x3tc

Help needed installin xtended

Post by atomicpig » Sun, 5. Aug 07, 14:32

Recent events forced me to wipe every thing from my puter, so have spent last few days gettin ever thing back up and running again, however can't seem to get xtended up again, had a bit of trouble when it was first release but after a bit of tinkering managed. I have changed my game from the original copy that I had to the game of the year edition, but this shouldn't make a difference, is there any resource out there that can tell me what files should be where, and what the set up for the installer should be. :roll:
Can't cut the grass its raining better stay in and play!

Vasiah
x3tc

Post by Vasiah » Mon, 6. Aug 07, 09:45

I agree with earlier posts about starting from scratch. And there's nothing like feeling fresh in a vanilla universe, despite however many battleships and stations you may own. Oh, and I'd like to point out, if you meant the one of the new Terran ships to be named after Thor's Hammer, it's spelt "Mjolnir" - Not 2 L's. Just like to point that out, :).

Oh, and a fine job you've done with this mod. I look forward to installing it, :D.

Unserene
x4

Post by Unserene » Mon, 6. Aug 07, 20:21

Vasiah wrote: Oh, and I'd like to point out, if you meant the one of the new Terran ships to be named after Thor's Hammer, it's spelt "Mjolnir" - Not 2 L's. Just like to point that out, :).
You can blame Egosoft for that. It's spelt like that in the vanilla game. :wink:
It's a TURRET, not a "turrent". Learn to spell.

tanner1ie
x3tc

Questions about the XTM mod...

Post by tanner1ie » Tue, 7. Aug 07, 00:05

I tried posting this on the main forum page only to be told - wrong forum.
Anyway, i've a few questions.
I've never used any mods in my game, but now many people are talking about the Extended(XTM) mod and i'm thinking of downloading it to see the fuss is about. I just have a few concerns, however about how it will affect the rest of the game. Therefore i was wondering.
Can i start a new game with the mod and continue to play my existing saved games independently? - If not would i have to remove the mod to play my older games again?
Also, is the mod easy to remove if i don't like it?
I've heard people say the system requirements are higher for the mod than the regular game. I've never had trouble playing X3 as it stands on my PC with a 3.2 ghz Pentium 4 chip, 1 GB of memory and 256 MB Nvidia 6200 graphics card - is this set up adequate for the mod?
Finally i've also heard of there being many bugs in the mod.
Ever dance with the devil by the pale moonlight?

Bahlien
x3

Post by Bahlien » Tue, 7. Aug 07, 00:17

With a fresh install of X3, patches and the XTM none of the bsg ships work when I install them. Anyone got any ideas why?
†Bahlien†

tanner1ie
x3tc

Post by tanner1ie » Tue, 7. Aug 07, 00:28

I was just reading all the stuff about rar files and moving directories, is there any danger of screwing up the regular game by installing it?

Gregster6
x3

Post by Gregster6 » Tue, 7. Aug 07, 00:55

The new XTM seems to be running kinda slow on my computer (X2 4800 / 1950 XTX / 2G DDR RAM)...or at least noticably slower than vanilla X3

2 questions

1. Is this a known occurence...the price one has to pay for the extra size / goodies / activity in the Xtended universe?

2. Is there anything I can do about it??...apart from getting a new computer that is

Cheers

Bahlien
x3

Post by Bahlien » Tue, 7. Aug 07, 00:59

When is the last time you ran a defrag on your hard drive? I've noticed it makes a big difference in game play for me since I just defragmented my own, and X3 plays noticeably smoother.
†Bahlien†

ninjitsumonk
x3

Post by ninjitsumonk » Tue, 7. Aug 07, 01:03

Xtm, correct me if I'm wrong, works as a false patch and therefore you cannot turn it on/off like you can with DDRS etc.
Your savegames won't work with xtm as is standard amogst any other mods as they require you to start again to initiate the scripts properly.
Xtm will make the second mission near impossible and will do countless things that will change the main campaign(not story wise but things have been altered so be warned).
I personally, however, have not downloaded XTM due to the heafty download size.
Though if It was broken up into smaller parts I would definitely download it(I have a 100meg download limit per file on my PDA).
Any way just browse the xtm thread so you can see what other users have to say.

Graphil
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x3tc

Post by Graphil » Tue, 7. Aug 07, 08:48

Well I've played the plot through with XTM and didn't have an issue with the second mission or infact any of the plot.
Graphil

There are two secrets to life: 1) Don't tell everything you know...

BlackRazor
x4

Re: Questions about the XTM mod...

Post by BlackRazor » Tue, 7. Aug 07, 09:59

tanner1ie wrote:I tried posting this on the main forum page only to be told - wrong forum.
Anyway, i've a few questions.
I've never used any mods in my game, but now many people are talking about the Extended(XTM) mod and i'm thinking of downloading it to see the fuss is about. I just have a few concerns, however about how it will affect the rest of the game. Therefore i was wondering.
Can i start a new game with the mod and continue to play my existing saved games independently? - If not would i have to remove the mod to play my older games again?
Also, is the mod easy to remove if i don't like it?
I've heard people say the system requirements are higher for the mod than the regular game. I've never had trouble playing X3 as it stands on my PC with a 3.2 ghz Pentium 4 chip, 1 GB of memory and 256 MB Nvidia 6200 graphics card - is this set up adequate for the mod?
Finally i've also heard of there being many bugs in the mod.
tanner1ie wrote:I was just reading all the stuff about rar files and moving directories, is there any danger of screwing up the regular game by installing it?
I highly suggest you make two installs, one for vanilla and one for XTended; if possible install and play the second copy with a different windows account so that savegames are automatically separated otherwise you will have to manually rename the savegames folder before launching the game to avoid loading the wrong save.
"For the love of the Fish-Queen!"

razorhead
x4

Post by razorhead » Tue, 7. Aug 07, 19:23

Is there any way for me to erase the terracorp shipyard from the map in Home of Light? that thing is giving serious problems since i first started the game because once i dock at the Headquarters, the station menu is completely gone and for some reason I'm now docked in the shipyard...

Without the menu i cannot buy or undock, and as you may know, jump drives are really handy, but i can't buy one because of this..

Oh, and the shipyard isn't even physical, i can't see it, but it shows on the map, and it's location is exactly the same as the headquarters.

Thanks for your help :)

tanner1ie
x3tc

Post by tanner1ie » Tue, 7. Aug 07, 22:02

A dual install sounds like a good solution. I know how to create another windows account. As for a second install, wouldn't all the same programs be installed on the new account as the first ? - If not would i need a second copy of the game?
Also If windows does view the game in two accounts as different games and i try installing the mod on one, will the other be unaffected?

gary0515
x3tc

ship descriptions not there

Post by gary0515 » Wed, 8. Aug 07, 01:17

Got the xtm to work, at least the new sectors and new ships are there, but the ship descriptions go like this "Argon readtext 17-XXXXX". All the new ships and sectors have this, any way to fix it?

Thanks

Graphil
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x3tc

Post by Graphil » Wed, 8. Aug 07, 08:40

Did you install the script pack for XTM?
Graphil

There are two secrets to life: 1) Don't tell everything you know...

ChemODun
x3tc

Re: ship descriptions not there

Post by ChemODun » Wed, 8. Aug 07, 08:57

gary0515 wrote:Got the xtm to work, at least the new sectors and new ships are there, but the ship descriptions go like this "Argon readtext 17-XXXXX". All the new ships and sectors have this, any way to fix it?

Thanks
Strange error.
please check, in your t subdirectory of X3 directory must be exist next files:
447212.xml
447213.xml
447214.xml
447215.xml
447216.xml
447217.xml

Are You use any additional scripts and mods?
Multiply entropy by absolute zero

Ñâîáîäà ñðåäè çâåçä / Freedom in space

gary0515
x3tc

yes i did use the installer

Post by gary0515 » Wed, 8. Aug 07, 16:33

thanks ill check it out

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”