[XTM - GAMEPLAY] Gameplay discussion for Xtended Mod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Alex Vanderbilt
Winner X3 Sektorquest
x3tc

Post by Alex Vanderbilt » Sun, 9. Dec 07, 19:18

It is a thingy relatet to XTM ;)

And no, there is nothing more then the Money offered in the BBS. But this should be more than enough, is not it? ;)

AV

Etolf
x3tc

Post by Etolf » Mon, 10. Dec 07, 11:25

moggy2 wrote::? what are xenon proessing plants?
they are a part of a mission, rather like a XI mission, but taking part inside Xenon sectors (of which there are several more, together, in XTM).

_Shoop_

Post by _Shoop_ » Mon, 10. Dec 07, 12:23

What's the difference between the shileld types? I mean Pirate/Military/etc, not the MJ part.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 10. Dec 07, 15:54

Military shields recharge faster, pirate ones have a chance of blocking cargo bay scans.

drudude1983

plutonium?????

Post by drudude1983 » Mon, 10. Dec 07, 19:38

hey guys i need help locating some plutonium in emperors ridge and i cant find the crappy srtuff any where but at current im helping som alien smuck to find it he says its here but had a search and things and cant find it, can som1 help me please!!!

Etolf
x3tc

Post by Etolf » Mon, 10. Dec 07, 22:12

Spoiler
Show
check the BBS at the stations...

XanII
x4

Yaki stations - gaining access

Post by XanII » Tue, 11. Dec 07, 13:59

How do you gain access to Yaki shipyard and eq dock in their home sectors?

Docking denied on them all and no pirate base nearby to use for hacking. have i missed something?
X3:TC Heavy M6 guide : : : Let's pretend you are an addict, lets pretend that you are a X-games player... but i am repeating myself here.

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Tue, 11. Dec 07, 14:13

You're playing xtended, arent' you ?
Your question will be moved (or locked). Simple answer: Trade in Yaki sectors. They have core and border sectors, big need for food (cahoonas and nostrop) and energy; they have incredibly cheap Spaceweed to. Lot to trade - and to boost up slowly your rep.

XanII
x4

Post by XanII » Tue, 11. Dec 07, 14:18

Aah i see. I have scripts but not xtm The yaki shipyard and eq dock must have come with one of those.
X3:TC Heavy M6 guide : : : Let's pretend you are an addict, lets pretend that you are a X-games player... but i am repeating myself here.

teladianium
x3

Post by teladianium » Tue, 11. Dec 07, 14:21

zazie is right - you can gain rep by selling to them and as your rep goes up you'll get the chance to buy and sell. Food before missiles but eventually you'll get docking permissions at the shipyards and EQ docks - but you'll still need to work on your rep with them to buy bigger and better fighters. Plan for the long haul if you want to buy e.g. Sennin Raiders

I had 2 Merc Supers MORT'ing for 20+ hours to get rank to buy an M3 so that'll give you an idea of how long - lot of profits to be made though...

tripzy
x3tc

Sohnen Missions Help

Post by tripzy » Thu, 13. Dec 07, 03:54

Ok guys, I've got a quick question about the Sohnen missions. I've gone through all the BS transporting goods and scanning missions and now they are asking me to do something I don't really want to do.

They sent me out to scan an Argon Cerberus (I'm in my split Mamba raider) and then it started attacking me. First, there's probably no way in hell I can take out a cerberus with a mamba raider. Second, I like the Argon :(

I don't want to destroy my rep with them. Is there anyway to complete the sohnen missions and not have to kill argons and my rep along with them?

Elucca
x3tc

Post by Elucca » Fri, 14. Dec 07, 00:04

I have a little suggestion.
The Goner equipment dock in Elysium of Light is completely defenseless and the sector, like all others, get the occasional Kha'ak cluster (XTM seems to spawn a whole lot of these), which just destroys the dock.
How about giving it some form of defense?

JFJohnny5
x4

XTM after the main plot

Post by JFJohnny5 » Fri, 14. Dec 07, 06:32

So I just finished the main plot with XTM installed and I have a few questions.

First of all, why does my game become incredibly choppy after entering
Spoiler
Show
Heretic's End
after the plot? Before the plot and during the last mission it's fine. But after it's all said and done, if I fly in there the whole game runs horribly. Doesn't seem to matter if I exit and reload or go to any other sector. It just becomes constantly choppy.

Assuming I can get past that little issue...
Spoiler
Show
The Terrans hate me. I'll figure that out though. (I'm sure there's other posts on raising their rep.) But they attack the Argons on sight (maybe other races too). Will that ever go away?
Here's all my customization info:
XTM 0.7.3
Autotrader Sector Lock
BBS Extras
Cargo Bay Energy Divert System
Jumpdrive Delivery
Medusa Rapid Fire Missile Interface
PiloteAI III
Product Finder
Salvage Network
Satellite Early Warning System
xOne Turret Control System

And once again, it ran fine before and during the plot. And even runs fine after the plot, UNLESS I enter
Spoiler
Show
Heretic's End
. Then it runs like garbage.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Fri, 14. Dec 07, 06:34

Are you sure there's not fifty bajillion terran ships in that sector?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 14. Dec 07, 08:34

It'll only be the Terran ships in HE that hate you, because they're added by the plot. The ones in the "normal" Terran sectors will follow whatever your Terran rep is (you can find that out by using the option in the Artificial Life menu).

JFJohnny5
x4

Post by JFJohnny5 » Fri, 14. Dec 07, 15:47

I'm pretty sure it IS the fifty bajillion ships that cause the slowdown. The problem is that the choppy slowness continues after I leave the sector. I even jumped to The Wall, let it SETA for a few minutes, then saved and reloaded and it was still choppy.

I can't get to Terran space without going in there. But if I do...it ruins my game. And I have no idea why. Has anyone else experienced this?

JFJohnny5
x4

Post by JFJohnny5 » Fri, 14. Dec 07, 15:59

Ok. So I finally realized I can get to Terran space by using the Explorer software and forcing a ship through the gate remotely (that doesn't create the slowdown). But I'm still curious if anyone else has experienced my issue.

SaneK[rus]

Post by SaneK[rus] » Sat, 15. Dec 07, 16:08

Greetings distant admirers X3.
Beforehand I apologize for the illegible text as in English language it is not so strong :( .
It would be desirable to learn(find out) on what place of mission Goner have ended at you?
Whether new corrections to a fashion for continuation of a plot will soon appear?
Also interests a question about Valhalla - somebody received such mission?
Greetings, I from Russia :)

SaneK[rus]

Re: Sohnen Missions Help

Post by SaneK[rus] » Sat, 15. Dec 07, 16:26

tripzy wrote:Ok guys, I've got a quick question about the Sohnen missions. I've gone through all the BS transporting goods and scanning missions and now they are asking me to do something I don't really want to do.

They sent me out to scan an Argon Cerberus (I'm in my split Mamba raider) and then it started attacking me. First, there's probably no way in hell I can take out a cerberus with a mamba raider. Second, I like the Argon :(

I don't want to destroy my rep with them. Is there anyway to complete the sohnen missions and not have to kill argons and my rep along with them?

There are many outputs from this situation:
1. To direct sector attacking patrol, the main thing what attacking has hooked on whom that from patrol :twisted:
2. There is very useful script from author Cycrow - " Mercenaries Guild " - hired protection will cope with your opponent.
And it without loss of a rating :)

P.S. It is far from being everything, in the subsequent missions there will be ships of a coalition of a class - Ě1
:roll:
Greetings, I from Russia :)

jhewitt9
x3

Post by jhewitt9 » Sun, 16. Dec 07, 14:58

Hey all, been away for a while and thought it was time to check out X3 again to see what the modding community had been up to....

and you lot have been busy!

First off, thank you very much for the xtended mod, it is superb. As a long standing X player (completed all 3, played X2 to death) I was a bit disappointed with X3. It looked great, controls were lovely and fluid, it felt more like a sim than a blaster, but the missions were a bit lacking.

The xtended mod, and patches from Egosoft have changed all that. I'm happily back in the cockpit (starting from scratch), blasting the place clear of pirates again. Whoever made the Sohnen Oriax has made this bounty hunter a very happy man.

When you guys raise the bar this high, the next X game will no doubt blow us all away (fingers crossed for an Elite Frontier clone with planet landings). Excellent work guys, it's nice to know that there is so much talent out there. :x3:
~It has long been noted that some conquerors prefer enemies as fierce as tigers and brave as eagles, for only then can they savor the true joy of victory.
--Lu Xun (1881-1936)

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”