[SCRIPT]ship Naming System V1.25 (Updated 04/07/07)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Thu, 28. Jun 07, 15:53

Osiris_sam wrote:the ships that are named

Code: Select all

TS - Unknown function
are renamed once a homebase is set (or the pilot is changed).
i can add numbers if needed, but i though that would add over complication.
im currently refining the system interface that controls the naming system for both capital ships and ts/tp.
since theres a taxi script, i may see if i cud use that to influence the naming of ships...(only if players have that script installed mind).
Great little tool. Thank you. I don't have any capitol ships right now but it's helping me keep track of my TS/UT freighters. The color codes make it easy to find a specific ship.
I don't think I understand how to exempt/protect a ship from renaming, spec. my TP class that don't have a homebase right now, but are doing some utility work, but are called "Unknown Function." I tried to rename them and was asked for a prefix letter; but it reverted to UF. Can I use on a non capital ship like a TP?
Lastly, it will be great if you create the renaming command for fighters also. Will it differentiate between a ship type, Mamba v Nova for ex. ? If all my fighters just say M3, M4 it would not help me manage them effectively.
Anyway thanks again for a nice addition.
If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

Operating System:
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KF RAM: 32606 MBytes MBO: Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (U3E1) GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 4080 Trinity OC NVIDIA 16 GB GDDR6 SSD: AJP600M2TB 1907 GB

Osiris_sam
x4

Post by Osiris_sam » Thu, 28. Jun 07, 17:40

Firstly...
the protect ship command when ran on capital ships protects (or exempts) it from the ship naming system. when this command is ran on a smaller ship TS/TP/M5/M4/M3, it will prompt the player to enter a prefix... but will not 'protect' the ship.
if a ship does not have a homebase then it will rename it TS - Unknown function, however, if you just want to change this name... do it using the normal method (Y->change name) or otherwise... there may be a few bugs around TS renaming, which will be addressed in the next release.

Finally: I will be adding a fighter renaming module for this system... however im short on time atm and it will probably be another few weeks before i get a working version of that... AFAIK i will be adding abbreviation's to identify certain ships quickly.
TP naming should be coming soon but atm i have no way of defining what type of craft it is...im thinking of having a few which a user can select. then it will be named accordingly... but this is still an idea
ill get a fix out for the bugs in 115 asap...

and a note to everyone using my script - please feedback on any bugs and/or any suggestions for improved user interfacing (i.e how the script works)

thanks

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Thu, 28. Jun 07, 23:01

Osiris_sam wrote: if you just want to change this name... do it using the normal method (Y->change name) or otherwise... there may be a few bugs around TS renaming, which will be addressed in the next release.
I renamed it. It only reverts back to "Unknown Function"; but this is not a problem for me ATM as I only have two TP ships. :)
I have another question. Some of the races ships in sector are color coded on my map now, particularly sector defense forces. Is this from your renaming program? I just never noticed it before.

Operating System:
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KF RAM: 32606 MBytes MBO: Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (U3E1) GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 4080 Trinity OC NVIDIA 16 GB GDDR6 SSD: AJP600M2TB 1907 GB

Osiris_sam
x4

Post by Osiris_sam » Thu, 28. Jun 07, 23:11

ships from other races SHOULD NOT be renamed by my script... if they are theres a serious mistake in one of the 'core' scripts in the system... (its more likely to be another script or mod that your running)
I will look at this whilst correcting other errors with the TS section of coding, but its probably due to the fact that once named Unknown function - the script leaves the ship unchecked (in that version anyway) so that it can be renamed to its later function.
in the next version, i may add designating specific ships (of any type) protected.
ill keep u updated

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Fri, 29. Jun 07, 00:20

I'm running XTM and maybe it's doing the color coding thing. I don't remember seeing it before. And honestly, having the sector defense highlighted is pretty helpful as I know where help is if I need it. :D
I'm very pleased with it exactly as is for now; and I will keep an eye out for your upgrades. Thanks again for the cool program- nice addition.

Operating System:

Osiris_sam
x4

Post by Osiris_sam » Fri, 29. Jun 07, 23:18

Ship Naming System 1.20 Is ready for download

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Sun, 1. Jul 07, 01:44

Osiris_sam wrote:Ship Naming System 1.20 Is ready for download
Excellent!
Osiris_sam wrote:Script now distinguishes between TS' running Station Manager, Commercial agent and Commodity Logistics software (recent Bonus pack)
This will help out.
Osiris_sam wrote:Sector traders and universe traders (mk3) now named differently, and coloured differently for easy recognition.
I think I'm up to 14 UniTraders now and about to start up 4 more. This will do nicely. Thanks Osiris_sam.

Oh, and one more thing, should I uninstall the last version first?

Operating System:

Osiris_sam
x4

Post by Osiris_sam » Sun, 1. Jul 07, 12:50

if your using cycrow's plugin manager, it should automatically update all the old scripts... but it might help if you reset ships first (although i dont think it will have any effect if you didnt)

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Sun, 1. Jul 07, 14:38

Osiris_sam wrote:if your using cycrow's plugin manager, it should automatically update all the old scripts... but it might help if you reset ships first (although i dont think it will have any effect if you didnt)
Thanks.
I am (using the script mgr), and I think I'll try it without resetting because that also resets all my fighters which I have renamed manually. Found that out the hard way. :lol:

Operating System:

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Sun, 1. Jul 07, 15:08

surferx wrote:Some of the races ships in sector are color coded on my map now, particularly sector defense forces. Is this from your renaming program? I just never noticed it before.
Sorry- Please disregard. I had LV's Race Response Fleets installed. I forgot that I d/l'd and it renamed some of the ships in sectors to Rapid Response Titan etc. I'm really sorry to have bothered you with that. :oops:

Operating System:

Osiris_sam
x4

Post by Osiris_sam » Sun, 1. Jul 07, 15:23

surferx wrote:
Sorry- Please disregard. I had LV's Race Response Fleets installed. I forgot that I d/l'd and it renamed some of the ships in sectors to Rapid Response Titan etc. I'm really sorry to have bothered you with that. Embarassed
NP, do you know if LVs Player response fleet script requires ships to be named.
thanks

ScorpiusX
x4

Post by ScorpiusX » Sun, 1. Jul 07, 18:42

LV's Race Response Fleets just renames NPC ships not the players ships.

ScorpiusX
ScorpiusX Corp company motto:

"We don't want to rule the Galaxy"
"We just want to own it!"

Osiris_sam
x4

Post by Osiris_sam » Sun, 1. Jul 07, 19:00

ok thanks :)
V1.25 is on the way, with Fighter and TP naming modules...
also
Station naming is under initial production. I will do my best to make it comply with name length limit (17 characters according to scorpiusX).

thanks

Update list:
-added Fighter Naming Module
-added TP Naming Module
-added company details
-improved reporting
-added names to ship name list
-added colour per capital class
-fixed identification of CAgs
-added Company identification

M1 = Red
m2 = Blue
TL = Cyan
M6 = Yellow
m7 = Yellow

im just waiting for sphr to reply to me about his short name library, so i can get that working, hopefully wont be too long.

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Tue, 3. Jul 07, 04:51

I ran a ship/fac report. I only have 4 facs but the report says I have 5. I have a stand alone ore mine, then in the same sector a sil mine, crystal fab, and bakery set into a complex. ........Wait a minute! :gruebel: Is the complex hub counted as a station by your naming prog? That would be the 5th one if it is. That does make sense, after all you have to buy the complex connector at the SY like a station.
Well anyway.
Osiris_sam wrote:V1.25 is on the way, with Fighter and TP naming modules...
Sweet. What more could you ask for? :D

Operating System:

Osiris_sam
x4

Post by Osiris_sam » Tue, 3. Jul 07, 15:38

yes as far as i know, complex hubs are counted as stations. in all the tests i ran, complex hub ships were renamed as they should have been. v1.25 is not completed yet. so if there is any extra features u wud like to be put in, its not too late.

thanks

Osiris_sam
x4

Post by Osiris_sam » Wed, 4. Jul 07, 23:01

V1.25 release (see post 2 for full list of features)

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Fri, 6. Jul 07, 18:49

Nice, everything looks much better. Now I'm learning the fighter abbreviations but they are pretty easy to decipher, ie NvRP is Nova Raider Pirate.
One problem O-Sam. I ran the TP class rename and my TP ships are named ReadText 8885-0. I don't have a home base set for them. Everything else looks really good.

Operating System:

Osiris_sam
x4

Post by Osiris_sam » Sat, 7. Jul 07, 01:09

For TP naming, you first need to define the type of TP its going to be. use the protect ship/set prefix command on it and this will prompt you to enter exec, vip, pers or slave... this defines the type, so when the TP module is activated it will name it as such...

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Sat, 7. Jul 07, 02:19

This looks quite impressive. I've only had a quick look at the TS renaming.

when they're running the old fashioned Buy Ware/Buy Ware for Best Price and Sell Ware/Sell Ware for Best Price commands (I have a lot of ships running these) you could set TS to BW or SW the same way you mark station managers etc...

It would be nice if you could opt to sort the list by Station name, ie name the ships: <station name> <nn> <type/job>

Ultimately it would be nice if you could define your own naming sequence, eg:

Code: Select all

%statname - %shiptype %nn
the same sort of thing that GMS allows.

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Sat, 7. Jul 07, 05:58

Osiris_sam wrote:For TP naming, you first need to define the type of TP its going to be. use the protect ship/set prefix command on it and this will prompt you to enter exec, vip, pers or slave... this defines the type, so when the TP module is activated it will name it as such...
Ok, looks good. My last question, and I may leave you alone for awhile after this.. is my fighters are renamed (for ex.) HrS Patrol 6 [null]. What does the "null" mean. Or more exactly what info should go there?

Operating System:

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”