[S] [02.03.08] [X3 3.3.04] Economy and Supply Trader (Trade MK3 II)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 1. Aug 08, 08:32

delta 38 wrote:I have encountered similar difficulties with other scripts, but its usually sufficient to edit the xml files in "t" directory. But I don't know how to fiddle with pck's.
Look at the sticky threads; pck can be unpacked with doubleshadow's ModManager. You need a copy of language file that pretends to be in italy, and EST includes only 44 and 49, ie english and german.

@1st4ck: you could rather edit your comment than add a new "reply".

Try Paranid sectors. wyvern11 wrote that beans/husk make good profit. Anyway, you should look at your game map, as GoD does change stations. I would follow a "rule of one":
* look for sector that has, or has within one jump, both producers and consumers -- many of them -- that form the full production chain from source (NPC SPP) to sink (NPC Docks / secondary consumers). The more basic reource hauling the better.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

tvcouch

Noob Question

Post by tvcouch » Fri, 26. Sep 08, 11:22

Hey guys, I am new to scripts and all and I would normally use the X plugin manager but there is this script that i really like...
And I Have no idea how to install it... It has a lib file or something which i do not know where to place... I tried looking in the forums for tut on installing them but i didn't see a sticky... only one referring to use x plugin manager,,, I might of missed it, I'm sorry lol

This script doesn't have .spk file either

Thanatos VI
x3tc

Post by Thanatos VI » Fri, 26. Sep 08, 13:00

Hey,
You just have to copy all scripts in your X3/scripts Folder, the lib Files too.
And all the T-Files in your X3/t Folder.

I tried it a few minutes ago, and it seems to work correctly.(No complex installation of the lib Files).

By the way, why dont you ask your question in the topic of the script ?

Hope i could be of some help.

greets Thanatos VI
***modified*** und stolz drauf!

tvcouch

Post by tvcouch » Fri, 26. Sep 08, 13:07

Thanks, your a god send... I just faceplamed my self as i read your post.. ya i should of... just forgot lol

ishmaeltheforsaken
x4

Post by ishmaeltheforsaken » Mon, 29. Sep 08, 18:28

I'm in the same boat as tvcouch... I'm used to .spks, and I've no idea what to do with this... there are disable and uninstall script folders in addition to the script and t folders, and I don't know what to do with those. At first, I just copied all the folders to my X3 directory, so the scripts and t folders were combined the already present ones and the disable and uninstall folders were placed in that directory in their own folders. I was able to see the EST Configuration and Add Ware commands in the additional ship commands menu, but I couldn't find the Start Economy and Supply Trader command... I made sure that my ship had all the required equipment, but it's not there. Did I install it incorrectly, or is there something I'm not doing right?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 29. Sep 08, 18:34

What is your Trade Rank?

ishmaeltheforsaken
x4

Post by ishmaeltheforsaken » Mon, 29. Sep 08, 19:26

My trade rank is Broker.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 29. Sep 08, 20:20

Above 'Trader' so even that should not be the problem. The "Start" command should be in the "Trade" menu.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

ishmaeltheforsaken
x4

Post by ishmaeltheforsaken » Mon, 29. Sep 08, 21:35

That's where I've been looking. I see Start Sector Trader and Start Universe Trader, but no Start Economy and Supply Trader.

ishmaeltheforsaken
x4

Post by ishmaeltheforsaken » Tue, 30. Sep 08, 01:38

Additionally, what do I do with the folder labeled 'scripts.disable.mk3'? I mentioned it in an earlier post but attained no enlightenment on the subject. I assume (correct me if I'm wrong), that to uninstall, I would install the script from the scripts.uninstall folder, but what does this disable script do?

[EDIT] Oh, bugger. So, I installed ONLY the files from the scripts and t folders, i.e. no disable, no uninstall. Now, when I start a game, I get a message from EST saying that the language file was not found. I also receive two messages with 'readtext_blahblahbla' as the text. I think I've heard that that's from missing language files, so I assume that those are related to EST. I'd really like to use this script, so any help would be stellar. I'm running an English version of the game, by the way.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 30. Sep 08, 10:34

You could pm Lucike.

Benoire
x4

Post by Benoire » Tue, 30. Sep 08, 14:37

I'm having real problems getting this to work. I've installed the scripts, I'm at the right level to use est and I have he option to start the trader, but it then tells me I haven't given it a ware type... But this is the problem, I don't have this option. Is there a special command that I must use/ purchase to allow me to select which ware to trade?

Thanks in advance!

ishmaeltheforsaken
x4

Post by ishmaeltheforsaken » Tue, 7. Oct 08, 01:16

Well, lordy. I hate to be the one that perpetually has a problem (and, indeed, this may not be a problem at all, but rather, my own lack of understanding, so a clarification would also be helpful), but my traders won't work. I'll assign them a ware and a sector, but then they just go to the trading dock of whatever sector they're in (NOT the sector I've assigned to them) and wait there. Their command reads: EST Standby..., or something to that effect. Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong, or is this a problem with the mod?

[EDIT] Furthermore, is normal to be unable to access EST:Configuration or EST:Add/Remove wares if the ship's current command is anything EST-related?

[EDIT again] I'll also note that I THINK Anarkis Carrier Commands conflicts with this script. When I use ACC, the EST: Configuration option under Special Commands isn't there.

Vicrry06
x3tc

Post by Vicrry06 » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 05:52

Any idea when/if we'll be seeing a translation for TC? It looks like Lucike is really on the ball and has EST in German already, but my German is really, really bad..

wmrojer
x3tc

Post by wmrojer » Sat, 8. Nov 08, 02:18

I have been able to improve this excellent script a bit. It still for X3 Renunion since I haven't gotten TC yet.
  • - It now favors stations that are closer to home if there are several with the same price. It was actually using the ones furthest away.

- It now checks all the products in the list and picks the product that will make the best profit. Before it just checked the list from the top and took the first product it could make a profit for. The result was that products at the bottom of the list was almost never traded with.

- Replaced all the sorting routines with faster bubble sort.

- Fixed some horrible English grammar.

- Added in game documentation for the config command. (Press I when you have the config command selected).

- It can now be configured to look for Nav Satellits as well as Adv Satellits.

- Fixed pilot revenue. The pilot wasn't payed anything if all the items couldn't be sold at the first station. Now he gets payed for the amount that is sold at the first station. He still don't get payed anything for the leftovers.

- It now logs how much profit it made for each sell.

- It now logs when it resupplies its stock of jump energy, fighter drones and mosquito missiles so you can get a feel for how much it's spending on those. The cost of those are also deducted from the total earnings.
So now for the question. Is anyone interested in these improvements? And if so, how do I proceed?

I'm still trying to get some nicer input screens for the config command with the help of the mEngine.

starsiege
x3

Post by starsiege » Thu, 18. Dec 08, 07:38

Hi Jaga_Telesin or others

do any of you guys have the

EST (English) v3.3.04 SPK ?

because the link for that is broken and im wondering if that is available.

thunderai
x3tc

Post by thunderai » Sat, 2. May 09, 05:45

If a ship escapes and parks at a trading dock, how do I encourage him to resume duties again?

mjlives

Post by mjlives » Sat, 25. Jul 09, 22:37

*EDIT* Deleted previous post as it is no longer relevant.
I did a complete new reinstall.

Can't get EST to start trading no matter what I do.

Steps I did;
1. Installed vanilla X3R
2. Patched to 2.5
3. Installed Bonus Pack
4. Installed EMP (which I later removed)
5. Started a new game
6. Got to trade rank "Petty Financier" all alone.
7. Bought a Centaur (M6)
8. Fitted it with;
- Trade extension
- Duplex/triplex scanners
- Trading software MKI+II+III
- Best selling price locator
- Nav command software
- Special command software
- Boost extension
- Fight Command MkI+II
- Jump drive (+500 EC)
8. Activated the EST in Home of Light
9. Waited patiently for 1 real hour to see if it would move, which it did not. "EST on standby" until the suns implode and the universe collapses.
10. Posted a message on this forum.

I waded through the forum to see what could be the problem but for the life of me I cannot tell.

Khourieat

Post by Khourieat » Tue, 28. Jul 09, 17:23

Doesn't the first post say that putting a Best Buy/Sell locator makes the EST not buy/sell?

Might try ditching that and trying again. These guys work great, but I only have 2 of them (hoping to add a third soon!), so I'm definitely no expert.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 28. Jul 09, 18:17

(The real) OP does say:
Verkaufspreis-Finder: Der Pilot kauft nicht mehr Waren selbstständig ein. Er verkauft ausschließlich die Waren, die sich im Laderaum seines Frachters befinden und fliegt anschließend zur Heimatbasis zurück, wenn eine Heimatbasis angegeben ist.
So my guess is:
If the ship has Best Sell Locator, then it will sell what it has in its cargo bay to start with. Further, it will return to homebase once done (if it has a homebase).

Thus, I can see the purpose of that mode. You can load a ship with some goods and tell it to "get rid of them" the best it can. A partially manual sell command. Naturally, you can/have to repeat the operation once the ship has done its "selling tour".

And it is obvious why such ship won't move. It has nothing to sell, or no place nearby to sell to.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”