[SCRIPT] Resource-Free Factory

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rate this script

5 (Great)
59%
9%
10%
5%
1 (Bad)
16%

Total votes: 98

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Thu, 3. Jan 08, 17:17

I doubt it'll work on a complex but u're welcome to try :D

If u use it on each factory first, then tube it up, it should work. The individual factories in the complex should continue to chug along. It might take a while (a minute) to get the cycle to kick in tho.

I intended this to replicate the NPCs' themed factories which were able to build multiple products using fewer resources and clearly not as many tubes and support factories.

The best example of this script over tubes is trying to make a XL SPP completely self-sufficient: something like 10+ factories and the accompanying tubes and hubs.

This script is obviously not compatible with Ashley's mod cuz that mod has an AL script that independently checks and modifies factory resources. That's obviously going to conflict by undoing what this script does: a one-shot removal of resources.

juanitierno
xrvr

Post by juanitierno » Thu, 3. Jan 08, 18:16

Just an idea to make this less of a "cheat":

You could have the script remove all resources except ore and silicon. Then it would be the exact same as buying and complexing all the support fabs, but you wouldnt be able to place SPP `complexes´ where there is no silicon available for example.

In any case this script is awesome and i plan to use it very soon (restarted and only have 3 local traders so far, saving for a fuel distillery).

Thank you for making this script :)

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Fri, 4. Jan 08, 02:17

Feel free to modify it not to remove silicon/ore. Personally I love it this way and I don't find it a cheat at all. :)

bob hope
x3

Post by bob hope » Tue, 25. Mar 08, 13:39

i cant believe i havent seen this about before, now i only hope that it runs fine with some other scripts like maybe the script that tells all spp`s that they use crystals as a main rescource, but since thats a npc thing only them it may just work (on anything but spp`s lol) i may now give both try out.

i admit i voted 3 so that i could see what the vote was :P

i am also running rogueys mod and will see if there are any addiional conflicts or such
About the name - i was lost for a name on the forum and looking round, then a Bob Hope film came on, and i thought "that will do nicely"

i was born and raised argumentative i dont mean to offend ...... sorry

blandmeat
x3

Uninstall

Post by blandmeat » Fri, 18. Apr 08, 05:29

Hey, I installed this mod with my version, but now I cannot run any saved games! There may be another cause, but is there a set process to uninstalling this mod?

Meltdown

Post by Meltdown » Wed, 25. Jun 08, 02:46

I like the idea of this mod very much, but I can't seem to get it working.

I'm running mod 2.0.2.2 on X3 2.5 with a few other mods, but nothing regarding factories so there should be no conflicts.

Cycrow's installer says the mod is loaded and running, but I don't get the option to make my SPP resource-free in the command console for the station. There is a "configuration" sub-menu, if it's of any use, but it's empty.

Little help?

Edit: ignore this post, I'm just dumb. :P
Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow you may die.

arcana75
x3tc

Re: Uninstall

Post by arcana75 » Wed, 25. Jun 08, 13:01

blandmeat wrote:Hey, I installed this mod with my version, but now I cannot run any saved games! There may be another cause, but is there a set process to uninstalling this mod?
This is not a mod, u should be fine just deleting the script files from your X3 install.

WarmMachineME
x3tc

Post by WarmMachineME » Sat, 28. Jun 08, 16:45

Seems like a really fun script. I'm just getting around to trying it in my new game. Don't have enough credits for my first factory yet, but I'm getting there.

I was wondering how some of the bonus pack scripts might react to this one? I really enjoy the Station Manager in particular. Would trying to use them both at the same time cause problems, like the Station Manager trying to buy resources that the factory doesn't need anymore?

Maybe a better question is, is this best for factories just to supply you with equipment for your own needs? (As opposed to setting up trade with NPC stations.)

Thanks, and I hope you'll re-release for Terran Conflict. :D

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Sun, 29. Jun 08, 14:34

WarmMachineME wrote:Seems like a really fun script. I'm just getting around to trying it in my new game. Don't have enough credits for my first factory yet, but I'm getting there.

I was wondering how some of the bonus pack scripts might react to this one? I really enjoy the Station Manager in particular. Would trying to use them both at the same time cause problems, like the Station Manager trying to buy resources that the factory doesn't need anymore?

Maybe a better question is, is this best for factories just to supply you with equipment for your own needs? (As opposed to setting up trade with NPC stations.)

Thanks, and I hope you'll re-release for Terran Conflict. :D
When's TC coming out anyway?

Anyway, I see this script as a non-cheat way to create self-sustaining factories just like what the AI has. For example, the AI has factories that sell missiles and weapons but you don't see the AI need all the tubes and support factories (eg mine, food, etc).

The script makes you pay upfront an exorbidant fee for the convenience of making a self-sustaining factory. The only cheating component is that the X world has finite asteroids and yields, which this script obviously bypasses (a self-sustaining complex will always always require a mine of some sort). Since this fee is slightly higher than the total cost of an entire self-sustaining complex, I figure it's a nice trade-off.

So if you're of a mind to create a nice Missile Bazaar or Gun Mart, this is probably the best way to do it: Plant a weapon fab, activate this script, plant another fab, activate script, then complex both up, voila, self-sustaining Weapon Mall. Repeat to add more and more until you covered all the weapons and equipment you need, without all the support fabs, ships and tubes that would very likely slow your sector to a crawl.

If your factory already runs Station Manager, turn it off, since it makes no sense to get the AI to help you buy resources your Resource-Free Factory doesn't need :)

WarmMachineME
x3tc

Post by WarmMachineME » Mon, 14. Jul 08, 07:39

Thanks for the reply. I was referring more to the use of Station Manager et al to get my transports to sell the product, not so much buy non-existant resources. :P But I've already found it works fine. I've got a station that's selling it's product just fine.

I think the latest news is that X3:TC is coming out sometime this September.

BigFoot316
x3

Post by BigFoot316 » Sun, 15. Mar 09, 13:56

I cant figure out how to install a mod. Please help.

Kframe
x3

Post by Kframe » Mon, 3. May 10, 01:57

Is this compatible with x tended. Once i beat the story, i plan on installing xtended.

FreeLancer82

Post by FreeLancer82 » Fri, 18. Feb 11, 18:11

Hi, I have used this fantastic script, but I don't like one thing.
I Want remove all from my stations except also Energy cell, Silicon Wafers, ORE, Crystals, like Nividium. I tried to cancel the line 040 teldianum, 034, 029, 022, 020 from script but There are not effects!
Please help me.

Peanutcat
x4

Post by Peanutcat » Fri, 5. Aug 11, 03:57

The mod does not seem to be able to install.... i use the plugin manager but i get an error message... i tried downloading the lates verision twice but it happens on both.. the file in the link might be broken?
F signature

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 5. Aug 11, 13:56

What does the error message say?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Peanutcat
x4

Post by Peanutcat » Fri, 5. Aug 11, 18:25

Error Opening: C:\Users\Name\Downloads\ResourcefreeFactory_v2022(2).spk
Invalid Package file
F signature

Phosphene
x3tc

Post by Phosphene » Sat, 6. Aug 11, 07:30

I'm getting that error too. Can't install this script. Would love to for reasons that have been mentioned in this thread.

Honestly why should SPPs need resources anyway? Energy is the endgame resource, that which closes any open loops.

Peanutcat
x4

Post by Peanutcat » Sat, 6. Aug 11, 12:10

If all you want is a crystal free Spp theres a mod for that not able to link as im on my phone, sorry bu u shud find it rarher easy in the mod library

EDIT

arcana are you working on that error message? U could provide me with a .rar file if possible and i'll install it manually..
F signature

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”