BOF Drones Plus

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Sun, 14. Oct 07, 07:27

oh hell...why dont we get into the business together? I liberate the drones and you get the converting proffits and I sell them for more and we just make a cycle (and a monoply)...hehehehehe...but yea ive already did that...I had to get a second collossis to store them so i could get them to places to sell them off...unfortunatly I got to buy four (4) more of them super freighters to have enough room for transporting them to the traiding stations...annoying, yes, but its worth all the proffitsssss im makeing...plus our coffers of cash will grow thanks to the poor saps...errrrr...i mean pilots....

EDIT: uhhhh Bo'F...looks like a few boreon just got a nerf twenty times the size of thier orca....oh well least I got one shiney new orca out of the last raid...(woulda taken both but I guess I can settle for one...) hey least its more storage space...
Teladi Next Minute Shipping®

B-O'F
x3tc

Post by B-O'F » Sun, 14. Oct 07, 11:42

Hi defiant1,

Haven't you realised, we are already in business together. You have all the fun of finding drones to be liberated, and selling them. I, meanwhile, have to sit in my LX Luxury Cruiser, surrounded by my hand picked staff, and count the money obtained from each conversion.

Yours is the much more energetic role, mine is simply the more boring - just counting money, oh the indignities of getting older.

Thanks darling secretary, do you think that will keep the po.. O.K, I stopped dictating after 'older' .. just post the first two paragraphs.. and sign it as usual..

Boron - Ol Fh'art
Public Service announcement

Growing old is not a disease - it is a delayed symptom of birth trauma.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sun, 14. Oct 07, 15:31

Hehehe....

I just created a great combat tactic for those who like to try to capture traders ships, but hate those little nuisances the Weapons Dealers tend to carry around in such large numbers, and throw at YOU for scratching their paint job.

Always carry 1 drone, so when they get feisty, you can send it out to 'recover' the attackers, leaving the trader going "WTF!?!?!?!" as you continue to peg away at him. :twisted:
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Sun, 14. Oct 07, 16:50

ahhhh...thank you...besure to send the drones my way so i may continue makin my profitssssss larger and keep us [me and BOF] happy :)....ah the sweet small of fresh drones in the morning...I love the smell...
Teladi Next Minute Shipping®

B-O'F
x3tc

Post by B-O'F » Sun, 14. Oct 07, 20:50

Even better, the fresh smell of creditssss at any time... heavenly...

Boron - Ol Fh'art

vexator

Post by vexator » Sun, 30. Nov 08, 05:41

G'day,

I love this script. Incredibly helpful, but I've got a problem at the moment.
I'm putting it down to installing the X3 2.5 patch - there's no option to assign a hotkey to launch drones / collect drones anymore (and of course the hotkey i had assigned isn't working either).

Is anyone else having this problem or can anyone tell me that i've done something dumb and tell me how to fix it?

I've re-installed the script and still haven't had any luck.

Also it might be worth noting that I tried installing the XaiCorp drone launcher script and have the same problem.

Would appreciate any help. Cheers.

B-O'F
x3tc

Post by B-O'F » Sun, 30. Nov 08, 14:21

Hi vexator,

I ran at 2.5 with no problems... I do not know what has gone wrong - but I think that there is a way round it..

First - have you tried modifying scripts for yourself.
If so, change the script 'setup.bof.drones' lines 6 and 12 and replace $newkid with null. Run the script from the script editor. This will set the global variables to null. Then change them back and re-run the script to re-enable the hotkeys.

I have not tested this - as my gaming machine is not switched on at the moment.

If you are not happy using the script editor, PM me with somewhere to send the script, and I will write (and test) a removal script for you..

Boron - Ol Fh'art

vexator

Post by vexator » Sun, 30. Nov 08, 14:25

G'day buddy,
Thanks for the reply. I did manage to sort this out with some replys posted in another thread.
I re-enabled the script editor after patching to 2.5 and then re-ran the script. Pretty sure that's what did the trick.

Cheers and thanks for the script ;)

B-O'F
x3tc

Post by B-O'F » Sun, 30. Nov 08, 16:21

Hi vexator,

I am glad to hear that you have sorted it out.. I have just been testing, and the information I gave earlier was not completely accurate.. I forgot something.

Anyway, for anyone that wants to remove the hotkeys - the following script works.

Code: Select all

Script uninstall.bof.drones
Version: 2
for Script Engine Version: 33

Description
Uninstall BOF Drones Plus
Arguments
Source Text

001   * Remove hotkeys Launch Drones and Collect Drones
003   $kid = get global variable: name='collect.drones.key.id'
004   unregister hotkey $kid
005   set global variable: name='collect.drones.key.id' value=null
007   $kid = get global variable: name='launch.drones.key.id'
008   unregister hotkey $kid
009   set global variable: name='launch.drones.key.id' value=null
011   return null
Note that this will only remove the hotkeys for BOF Drones Plus - not any other hotkeys..

I am "testing" X3:TC (read playing) to check whether any of my scripts need porting across - and this one could still be useful. It will not be a straight port (it does work, I have tried) as there are 3 types of Fighter Drone.. I need to change the script to cope with this.. and, of course, Egosoft have not made it easy....

Have fun,
Boron - Ol Fh'art

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”