[Script] Factory Complex Constructor [22.9.2007] [V3.21 FINAL]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Kaz Zardoz

Post by Kaz Zardoz » Mon, 26. Feb 07, 17:52

Is that script compatible with "[Mod] Ashleys Factories L + XL + XXL V2.3 *Updated 02/1/2007* ?"

Thanks

-Dusty-
x3tc

Post by -Dusty- » Mon, 26. Feb 07, 18:22

@Kaz Zardoz: No, it's not... That would be an enourmous work to update the whole library of the FCC to make it compatible with Ashleys Mod.

You can use it, even If you've installed Ashleys Mod - But the FCC won't work with the new factories which came with the mod.

ChemODun
x3tc

Post by ChemODun » Tue, 27. Feb 07, 15:03

Profitlord [KBG] wrote:Thanks for that :) (even if I don't understand one word in russian^^)

When you've translated the thread, I would be glad if you could send me a PN.
I translate first message from this topic
Multiply entropy by absolute zero

Ñâîáîäà ñðåäè çâåçä / Freedom in space

asmondar
x3

Fixing a CTD

Post by asmondar » Tue, 27. Feb 07, 15:54

Fixing a CTD

Morning everyone, I have a need for someone, anyone to help me fix a CTD if they can.

Problem is, I am working on a space fuel distil loop and using the FCC. However, I left system and forgot to Fix 2 of the stations. Now, I can't get back into system because it keeps CTD'ing when I try. I can only assume that it's due to the non-fixed stations.

Is there anyway that I can edit my save, or fix the stations from outside system?

Edit:

Also, don't know if it's possible or how hard it would be, but perhaps a check script that can be run manually which checks the universe for unfixed factories and then fixes them. Or perhaps you can assign a sector to scan, from any other sector and it will scan that sector for unfixed factories and fix them?

This way, if someone like me is stupid, they won't lose ohh about 25 hrs of game.

-Dusty-
x3tc

Post by -Dusty- » Tue, 27. Feb 07, 18:33

Oh, damn. That's a bad bug :oops:

Thx for the advice.

EDIT: damn. the bugfix doesn't work correctly. I hope we'll find a solution for that :oops:

asmondar
x3

Post by asmondar » Tue, 27. Feb 07, 20:22

If it can be broken I tend to break it. Sorry for the extra work.

I just scratched that save file and went back. I lost 25 hrs the round about way.

I worked on factory and did the whole left town without fixing a station and I started getting ctd's. Didn't get the CTD's until about 12 hrs later when I attempted to go back to factory working. Wasn't sure why and didn't really think about it. So, I just reloaded to a save prior to placing the stations and thought everything was grand.

Still didn't think about why I was getting CTD's. Then, Did the SAME THING! I think I need to be shot. But I had a previous save which was further back then the first time I reloaded. So lost another 12 hrs of play there.

First save was 14 Days 21 hrs. It was Day 15 10 hrs when I got CTD's. Reloaded to 14 and 21. Then Did it again, but this time I accidently saved over 14 -21 and had to go back to 14-08. So might be more then 25 hrs of Game time btw, not rl time. No biggie.

I'm back to factory building hehe. I'm going to finish the bane of my existance and complete this factory!

Money wise, First reload I lost a 25 mil mission and somewhere around 7 min in captures, 2nd reload I lost 3 5 mil and 1 10 mil mission with somewhere around 5 mil worth of caps. Kind bummed about the creds, but hey I'll make them again.

-Dusty-
x3tc

Post by -Dusty- » Tue, 27. Feb 07, 21:02

Sorry, It took me a while for writing a bugfix that's working - I'm an amateur in scripting... (I hope you didn't delete your savegame...)

But here is it - a working >>bugfix<< for the CTD-error when you leave a sector without defixating all stations :)
This is not the final solution of the problem! But while Lt. Ford corrects the error in the FCC itself, this should be enough, I hope :D

Copy the file into your "scripts"-folder and load a savegame - all your defixated stations will be replaced by a new, identical station. So you can jump back in the sector where you had your stations - So, no fear about your savegames :)

But please note: I'm not sure if the bugfix works with Equipment docks and trading stations.

***Important! The Links in the startpost are not updated yet and still contain the bug. We'll update it as soon as possible.***

asmondar
x3

Post by asmondar » Tue, 27. Feb 07, 21:11

Damn that was fast, but sweet thanks. No still have those saves or should have one around. Thanks.

OMFG, PL you are probably going to hate me!

Even though all I said above is true, it is apparently not the cause of the CTD.

I loaded up that old old save I had the 14-08. In this save, i only have 3 crystal plants and 2 silicon mines (create asteroid script). The 3 Crystal fabs are hub'ed together. I can go in, or out of the system as I please.

I then added 2 more crystal fabs to the hub, or even just put 2 more in the system and that's where I get the CTD.

So, I am working on testing what is going on now.

I am so sorry for any problems and everything.

bruinboi2007
x3

Post by bruinboi2007 » Wed, 28. Feb 07, 01:22

sorry but this will be my first script ever but I can't find the place to set my own hotkeys for this script. If someone could explain to me where exactly to set it that would be great, thanks.

asmondar
x3

Post by asmondar » Wed, 28. Feb 07, 01:46

Ok, here is my attempt at troubleshooting my CTD's.

Sector: Thorok's Beard
Player Owned Ships in Sector: Yaght, LX, Arrow, Mammoth. All ships non-scripted.
Player Owned Stations in Sector: Crystal Fab Hub (3 Crystal Factories 1 hub) All manually placed.

Tested to see if CTD was caused by ships in Sector. Tested Negative.
Below the header here, is what I did to test.
Factory-----How Placed-----FCC Moved-----Fixed-----CTD
Crystal-----Manual----------No---------------Yes-------No
Crystal-----Manual----------Yes--------------Yes-------CTD
Crystal-----Manual----------No---------------No--------CTD
Crystal-----FCC-------------No---------------Yes-------NO
Crystal-----FCC-------------Yes--------------Yes-------CTD
Crystal-----FCC-------------No---------------No--------CTD
Crystal-----FCC-------------No---------------No/Yes---CTD **

** For this one, I placed the Fab, and fixed it, went out of sector then back in fine, Then I UnFixed and ReFixed the station. Left and CTD on way back into the Sector.

I can not think of any other way to test. For all Tests I was in the Arrow with other ships just sitting there doing nothing. The mammoth was obviously holding the stations in between loads. For every test I exited after each placement via the North Gate, and did a Uturn and to go back to Thoroks Beard.

I tried to keep as many variables down as possible, but that is what I discovered.
It appears my computer doesn't like the FCC Fix and Defix, or Move commands.

However, your Station ReFix works like a charm. I just tested it, and it is perfect. To Test I Set down a Crystal fab, and defixed it, moved it to where I wanted it, and then left system and manually ran your Station Fixer and it Refixed the station and let me back into the System. So, there's a partial workaround for me. As I am probably the only one having these errors. LOL my computer hates me.

For crystal Fabs, your fix however only puts in 2 primary resources, silicon and energy cells, it should have meatsteak as well. I looked at the script, but it looks like it should add all 3. And with my minimal knowledge of scripting, I have no idea why it isn't.

Also, even after using your bugfix 1 for the readtext errors, I still have a readtext 118. The odd thing is, I also have a Send report. And 118 is the send report so I don't know what's going on there.

So, do You dread reading my posts yet? Was just wondering, if you could tell me (if it's possible) how to add the rotation, so that fix2 gets the same rotation as well as position? As it is now, the script faces is turning it completly around. Making my attempt at a pretty complex, not easy hehe. No rush though I know some people unlike me have a job. Thanks.
Last edited by asmondar on Wed, 28. Feb 07, 04:14, edited 3 times in total.

asmondar
x3

Post by asmondar » Wed, 28. Feb 07, 02:04

bruinboi2007 wrote:sorry but this will be my first script ever but I can't find the place to set my own hotkeys for this script. If someone could explain to me where exactly to set it that would be great, thanks.
To Set your HotKeys, Hit Esc, then Controls, Interface

For this script and maybe all others, not sure myself, the commands are under the Extensions. Just scroll down and you'll see Extensions with a bunch of commands below there.

Select the command you want, hit enter Add control, hit key(s) you want and hit Apply Esc and Save changes and that should be all.

-Dusty-
x3tc

Post by -Dusty- » Wed, 28. Feb 07, 12:49

@asmondar: oh... damn. That doens't sound good... But I'm very thankful that you tell us those errors - othwerwise, we maybe would never have seen it...

The readtext-error isn't caused by the script itself, I think. Try to run the readtext-bugfix again. If that doesn't help, download the FCC again and replace the old textfile. I think that's not a major problem...

And my bugfix doesn't work correctly with the resources, I've tried it some minutes ago :oops:
Seems that the array <>= <> ->get tradeable ware array of station puts out something very strange. At least, the sequence seems to be different at some stations. And the command <> <> -> uses ware <> as primary resource is buggy too. Sorry, but how you've said, I have to work... I'll have a look at it and try to fix that as good as possible, but I can do that soonest in the evening...

And I hate to say that, but I am only the translator of this scirpt, I didn't write it... Unfortuneately, I don't really know how to fix the problem. I just can try to write a little bugfix, but I'm a noob in scripting too. I told Lt. Ford that problems yesterday, I hope he fixes it as soon as possible. And again, I'm really sorry for all the trouble. This shouldn't happen... :oops:

bruinboi2007
x3

Post by bruinboi2007 » Wed, 28. Feb 07, 13:56

@ asmondar

Thanks but I think thats where my problem is, there are no other things under extensions except for the stuff that came with the bonus pack. I used the script installer program to install this script and then tried to install it manually also. I don't understand why it isn't showing up. Any insights?

asmondar
x3

Post by asmondar » Wed, 28. Feb 07, 14:29

@ Bruinboi2007
bruinboi2007 wrote:@ asmondar

Thanks but I think thats where my problem is, there are no other things under extensions except for the stuff that came with the bonus pack. I used the script installer program to install this script and then tried to install it manually also. I don't understand why it isn't showing up. Any insights?
Did you type Thereshallbewings as your pilot name? That's the only thing I can think of, to activate the Script editor. You need it active to use some / most / maybe all scripts.

@ProfitLord
ProfitLord[KBG] wrote: @asmondar: oh... damn. That doens't sound good... But I'm very thankful that you tell us those errors - othwerwise, we maybe would never have seen it...
I thought that I might as well help out since i'm using it. and No problem.
ProfitLord[KBG] wrote: The readtext-error isn't caused by the script itself, I think. Try to run the readtext-bugfix again. If that doesn't help, download the FCC again and replace the old textfile. I think that's not a major problem...
I did rerun bugfix, but nothing, I even manually ran it. I'll try to uninstall, and then bugfix, then reinstall FCC from a new dl'd version.

Did it and still readtext 118, I don't know why. When I uninstall and run bugfix, all hotkeys stay there and stay registered. Like I've said, my computer hates me.
ProfitLord[KBG] wrote: And my bugfix doesn't work correctly with the resources, I've tried it some minutes ago
Seems that the array <>= <> ->get tradeable ware array of station puts out something very strange. At least, the sequence seems to be different at some stations. And the command <> <> -> uses ware <> as primary resource is buggy too. Sorry, but how you've said, I have to work... I'll have a look at it and try to fix that as good as possible, but I can do that soonest in the evening...
All I can say is, Strange.
ProfitLord[KBG] wrote: And I hate to say that, but I am only the translator of this scirpt, I didn't write it... Unfortuneately, I don't really know how to fix the problem. I just can try to write a little bugfix, but I'm a noob in scripting too. I told Lt. Ford that problems yesterday, I hope he fixes it as soon as possible. And again, I'm really sorry for all the trouble. This shouldn't happen...
No problem, I appreciate you trying to help me out here. Like I said I understand that some people, me not included have jobs and arn't here all day long.
Last edited by asmondar on Wed, 28. Feb 07, 15:17, edited 1 time in total.

bruinboi2007
x3

Post by bruinboi2007 » Wed, 28. Feb 07, 14:41

yeah that got it working, thanks a bunch!!

-Dusty-
x3tc

Post by -Dusty- » Wed, 28. Feb 07, 19:15

Well, we're testing the new version which doesn't contain the CTD-bug in this minutes. If it works, we'll upload it immediately.

And I've corrected my bugfix - it sets correct products and wares now, and it considers the rotation of the stations (the old version didn't).
The error in the old bugfix was caused by the array... I read out the values at the same time. X3 doesn't like that... Now I've corrected it.
Download it >>here<<

And something else: Are there any people interested, that the FCC supports stations from mods? (For example, Ashley's XXL-factories...)
I could modify the library, that would be no problem. So you could move and rotate mod-stations - But it would be impossible to build them with the FCC-command...

X-Freak Cartman
x3

Post by X-Freak Cartman » Wed, 28. Feb 07, 19:25

You had to use several libscripts - one for each mod. Thats necessary because the stations have certain IDs which are used by multiple mods.

I'd recommend updating the libscript for Ashley's XXL Stations and the XTM such as the DDRS. Other Mods shouldn't be that popular.

-Dusty-
x3tc

Post by -Dusty- » Wed, 28. Feb 07, 19:52

I think you didn't fully understand what I mean...
in the current version, the products and resources get removed from stations, when you defixate them. And when they get fixated, the wares will be added to the station again. But this isn't necessary - just stopping the production task would be enough.

It's possible to defixate the stations without removing the products, a library isn't required for that. This way, the FCC could support every possible station - but ONLY for moving and rotating! The mod-stations had to be built with the standard-command. like I wrote above...
btw. Why am I writing in english, if only you have to understand me? :lol:

asmondar
x3

Post by asmondar » Wed, 28. Feb 07, 20:28

Profitlord [KBG] wrote:Well, we're testing the new version which doesn't contain the CTD-bug in this minutes. If it works, we'll upload it immediately.
Cool if you need any help testing I'm sure I can try to break it again! :)
Profitlord [KBG] wrote: And I've corrected my bugfix - it sets correct products and wares now, and it considers the rotation of the stations.
Sweet! You rock.
Profitlord [KBG] wrote: And something else: Are there any people interested, that the FCC supports stations from mods? (For example, Ashley's XXL-factories...)
I could modify the library, that would be no problem. So you could move and rotate mod-stations - But it would be impossible to build them with the FCC-command...
I don't usa Ashley's XXL Factories, I don't think I'd have to look. So I don't have a large opinion. My suggestion is, depending on how difficult this would be, If its something that can be done easily, I say do it might help things down the line with people asking for more stuff and what not. If it's difficult well, don't hehe.

xalien
x4

Re: [Script] [21.02.07] [3.00] Factory Complex Constructor by Lt. Ford

Post by xalien » Thu, 1. Mar 07, 00:01

Profitlord [KBG] wrote: Command-Slot
COMMAND_TYPE_SPECIAL_56 (556)
We have a little conflict here with the Scrap Ship at HQ script, could you guys resolve it?

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”