[SCRIPT] Ship Claim System MK1 - v1.02 2007-02-21

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Tue, 20. Feb 07, 16:30

hehe...time to see if i can get some more pirates to leave thier ships...(yes my fleet of claimed pirate ships is growing...)...im sure this will work on ships like the titan and other real large ships right? (havent tested it yet with capitial ship yet)
Teladi Next Minute Shipping®

Greg_G
xr

Post by Greg_G » Tue, 20. Feb 07, 19:03

Well, AFAIK no >=M6 size ships can be abandoned by pilots
Spoiler
Show
except the special Xenon K (Special K ;)) instance.
(And I assume the LV's HAT claims automatically?)

Scenarios 4 and 5 will work fine with such ships. However, Scenarios 1-3 still need to be tweaked...mainly for TS/TP. Worst case scenario right now is the ship with docking ports will wait 10 minutes for the too-large ship to dock before continuing on. So not a big deal. It won't infinite loop or anything. I'll fix that once I get the custom wares situation worked out.

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Tue, 20. Feb 07, 19:11

hehe...well the SP K is the only thing id go after (when im not being lazy) other then that i just chew on them pirate ships...hehe....MMMMMMM parinid...tasty

Greg_G
xr

Post by Greg_G » Thu, 22. Feb 07, 02:28

The SCS MK1 now uses the Community Extended Mod Pack (EMP) instead of Custom Wares. I really regret doing this as Custom Wares is a magnificent development, but I cannot ignore the fact that two people had very significant problems related to custom wares while no bugs existed in my setup script to cause the problems.

This means two things:
1) SCS MK1 now requires the EMP.
2) People using 1.00 or 1.01 of the SCS MK1 must uninstall the existing script using the procedure explained in the Installation section in the first post of this thread. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but it's necessary.

I'd greatly appreciate it if people would try out the new version and provide feedback.

Also, I had mentioned a possible minor bug with claiming TS/TP class ships. As I thought about the script's program logic, I'm fairly sure I was mistaken about there being a bug. It should handle undockable ships as if the claiming ship has no docking ports. Feel free to let me know if I'm wrong about this, but I think that it was fine all along.

reinhart_menken

Post by reinhart_menken » Thu, 22. Feb 07, 02:36

Sorry to hear that you're forced to go against your design decision =/

Will try this out tonight when I get a chance (should have some ships to capture later) and let you know how it goes. Though I'm not sure how accurate my report would be since I already have a corrupted save (old CCD script that I removed but was still in the game, just found yesterday, and other wares). It would be likely that my save would remain corrupt; we shall see.

Thanks for the effort though!

neumanf15
x3

Post by neumanf15 » Thu, 22. Feb 07, 02:43

Sorry you had to go to EMP, but I'm glad I'll finally be able to see your script in action.

Unfortunately, no play for Neuman til this weekend... :(

Greg_G
xr

Post by Greg_G » Thu, 22. Feb 07, 02:50

Aye, I suspect that the existing artifacts of the custom wares issue will persist for you and neumanf15, unfortunately. Loading an older save is likely out of the question else you'd have done it. I would guess, however, that the erroneous entries will be harmless, albeit distracting.

As for the cause? I don't know. It wasn't a bug in my scripts, I'm at least comforted by that. And there are several other scripts that use custom wares successfully, so it's hard to point the finger there, although I suspect Cycrow will investigate it when he has time. And most people who tried SCS MK1 (58 people downloaded it, who knows how many of those used it) did not report any issues. So it's possible you were just unlucky. :(

reinhart_menken

Post by reinhart_menken » Thu, 22. Feb 07, 02:54

Yeah, I figured as much - unlucky that is. And yes, I really don't mind the erroneous entry. I have been using the SCS regardless for days now.

It just occured to me though, since now the SCS have "gone EMP", I might be able to try and put the CCD back in finally enjoy it. I want to use my afterburner without getting arrested! :P I guess if you know much about that script you'd know what my choice of "fuel" is :D

Greg_G
xr

Post by Greg_G » Thu, 22. Feb 07, 03:01

reinhart_menken wrote:I guess if you know much about that script you'd know what my choice of "fuel" is :D
Indeed I do! ;) (In fact, that particular use is what started me on the CCD project...fuel for the fire ;)) I've been meaning to edit the afterburner script (my personal copy of course...can't distribute it) to accept Energy Cells* since cloaked buggies should work fine even without being decloaked. :D

neumanf15
x3

Post by neumanf15 » Thu, 22. Feb 07, 03:06

Greg_G,
The artifacts are gone from mine off of a Scripts backup reload (and a reload of my mod). No adverse effects.

Like I said, I'll try this weekend-ish.

reinhart_menken

Post by reinhart_menken » Thu, 22. Feb 07, 03:13

Greg_G wrote:I've been meaning to edit the afterburner script (my personal copy of course...can't distribute it) to accept Energy Cells* since cloaked buggies should work fine even without being decloaked. :D
Well now, you should definitely ask Cycrow's permission to distribute a modified version of it! It should be a simple matter of taking his original script and make changes to that one, then add it to a spk package and you'll be able to override the original version of it - so you and him won't even have to alter the original afterburner script!

Btw, if it's not too much trouble, could you be bothered to do me a favor of writing a simple script that would allow me to choose a certain ware in the game (like ReadText xxx) and remove it from every station in the X-universe?

Edit: Or might I be able to alter the "uninstall script" in-game and then manually start it to make it remove the ware I want?

Edit 3: Oh wait a minute, right after I wrote the request I remembered seeing a script in my script list in-game that's called uninstall wares, written by Cycrow. Manually started it and got the wares removed from the universe. Cheers! :)

Anyone else (neumanf15) feeling bugged by those extra entry might want to take the same route ;)

Edit 2: Just reinstalled the SCS and it works fine in the game. It shows up in the pirate base and when I install it there's the command. Way to go! :)

neumanf15
x3

Post by neumanf15 » Fri, 23. Feb 07, 02:33

reinhart,
I had removed them the hard (?) way already (brought back my backup scripts directory and backup mod).

neumanf15
x3

Post by neumanf15 » Sun, 25. Feb 07, 05:42

Well, the read text is back... guess I didn't quite kill it.

The good news is that the SCS is named correctly and works fine. Love it.

Now to the bug report. You're gonna get a kick out of this. I think the picture says it all (especially with the crappy arrow I added):
[ external image ]

I checked in the piracy menu and it seems my drone could go collect ships for me... I did not try to activate the command, tho.

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Sun, 25. Feb 07, 05:53

howd' u change the color...I WANT A COLOR MOD :P...lol...seriously i like the green...got more of thoes color mods...like in red or orange?

reinhart_menken

Post by reinhart_menken » Sun, 25. Feb 07, 06:27

It doesn't seems to be a bug at all. I've found that my drones can perform all the special commands added by my scripts =/ Now I don't know what's up with that.

Greg_G
xr

Post by Greg_G » Sun, 25. Feb 07, 19:04

reinhart_menken wrote:It doesn't seems to be a bug at all. I've found that my drones can perform all the special commands added by my scripts =/ Now I don't know what's up with that.
B-O'F has graciously explained to me how to resolve the fighter drone issue. I'll include that fix in the next version of the SCS. Thanks again B-O'F!
howd' u change the color...I WANT A COLOR MOD
That's neumanf15's HUD mod.
The good news is that the SCS is named correctly and works fine. Love it.
Glad to hear it!

neumanf15
x3

Post by neumanf15 » Sun, 25. Feb 07, 22:42

defiant1,
You can find the most current version of my hud mod here. And no, there's only one color set.

EDIT: Looked again, it actually is the current version of my mod in my previous post. I can't keep these things straight!

To keep on topic: Thanks for the awesome script, Greg_G.

neumanf15
x3

Post by neumanf15 » Sun, 4. Mar 07, 05:49

Greg_G,
Found an issue... My Elephant was set to claim ships. I looked at the sector map and saw that he was well away from the ships... then I figured out why:

[ external image ] (Blue is player-owned in my world)

So I looked at the other astronauts running around and found ONE:

[ external image ]
Not sure if this was caused by another script.

So my question: Would it be possible to put a line in your script to have it NOT try to pick up astronauts? I'm assuming you have it hunt down "No Pilot" anythings...

Thanks for the great script!

Greg_G
xr

Post by Greg_G » Sun, 4. Mar 07, 18:46

Hah! That's pretty crazy and really shouldn't happen. SCS won't try to pick anything up that has anything running in Task 0, and I'd think astronauts all have a task 0 to try to get to a station. So I'm guessing this was a fluke. But I can't say that with any surety.

But it wouldn't be hard to add a special check to avoid astronauts. I'm right in the middle of a non-X3 related programming project. If this happens again (even just one more time) let me know and I'll get a fix out right away. Otherwise, I'll hold off until I have a little more time.

Thanks for letting me know.

neumanf15
x3

Post by neumanf15 » Sun, 4. Mar 07, 20:13

No rush. I knew the screenies would be good for a laugh. Whenever you need to do an update for anything else is soon enough.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”