[SCRIPT] Ship Claim System MK1 - v1.02 2007-02-21

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Mon, 19. Feb 07, 02:10

ok I know your gonna think im some kinda "n00b" but i cant find ANY pirate menue or any thing that would remotly let me get to a "pirate" menue to use the ship clame software...i keep looking every where but just cant find it...how do you get to it and what menue "options" do i hit to navagate to the "pirate" menue so i can use the ship claim software???? sorry if i sound like a noob or some kinda idiot...

EDIT:
I think i figured part of my issue...in the log it reads the following
Ship Claim System MK1 could not be initialized - WARE=null
I know i installed it properly (i used the cycrow installer program) and i have the "use extra wares" checked (enabled)...

now im a bit lost and not sure what else to do to get it workin :( and i really dont want to reinstall my entire game...
Teladi Next Minute Shipping®

Greg_G
xr

Post by Greg_G » Mon, 19. Feb 07, 02:19

defiant1 wrote:now im a bit lost and not sure what else to do to get it workin :( and i really dont want to reinstall my entire game...
Please don't reinstall, I highly doubt it's necessary. :)

Now, as for the log entry, that's very informative. It means that Cycrow's plugin.scriptmanager.getware script is returning NULL. This is probably the proper behavior and I suspect you are not encountering the weird issue that the other two people having issues are.

I suspect the only possible reasons for this to happen are because (a) the SPK didn't install properly or (b) custom wares isn't enabled properly. I know you say you did, and I don't doubt that, but something related to that might be wrong anyways. One thing...run the script installer, click on the custom wares tab, and tell me (a) if the SCS MK1 is showing in the lower list box and (b) if any mods are listed in the upper list box (and if they are checked).

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Mon, 19. Feb 07, 02:23

better yet...greg if you have msn i could just send you a screen shot of what i see exactly...so that way we can hammer it out and maybe in the process fix or lessen the issues that the other 2 are experiencing (hopefully)...

EDIT: I know some of the scripts are working (like the lottery, race military, and what ever else i got runnin) becuse i see thoes in my game menues and i can slect thoes and what not... but like i said it would be a bit easyier for me to show you what i see when i look at the script installer and work it out that way via MSN if u got it...

EDIT #2: email sent to ya greg...

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Mon, 19. Feb 07, 03:43

OK i did what greg toled me to do and it seemes to be working alot better now...ill post the instructions here so if anyone is haveing in issue SIMILAR to mine...it may not solve everyones issues but it should help some people that are experienceing similar issues to what i had...

Heres the PM (the instructions that i was sent)

1) shutdown x3 if it's running
2) script installer: uninstall the SCS MK1
3) script installer: shutdown the script installer
4) script installer: install the SCS MK1
5) script installer: check the custom wares tab and see if the SCS MK1 is showing up...if it does continue to (6)
6) start X3 and look in a pirate base to see if they are selling the SCS MK1

If the ware doesnt show up in step 5 then it's not going to work so dont bother looking in X3

NOTE: MAKE SURE YOUR USEING THE MOST CURRENT VERSION AND ANY OLDER VERSIONS ARE NOT ENABLED/INSTALLED (if you have olderversion uninstall it and remove it compleatly before installing the newer uptodate version)

neumanf15
x3

Post by neumanf15 » Mon, 19. Feb 07, 04:16

11.cat/dat only had ONE SCS MK1 entry in the TWareT.

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Mon, 19. Feb 07, 04:24

what version are you useing?

neumanf15
x3

Post by neumanf15 » Mon, 19. Feb 07, 04:28

Of SCS? 1.01. Although the issues happened with both.
Of Script installer? The latest auto-update gave me.

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Mon, 19. Feb 07, 04:33

try deactivating it, uninstalling the script, then shutting down the script installer, restarting script installer checking that "use custom wares" option is ON, then reinstall/activate it (basically follow the guide i posted a few posts up)...see if that fixes your issue...if not post what happens...im thinkin it may be how the program might have handeled the install at first...if you could try this it would help me figure out if its the script or the program...then we can get the proper person on this

neumanf15
x3

Post by neumanf15 » Mon, 19. Feb 07, 04:45

I've done variations on that theme several times. The most drastic was:
Told script installer to remove the script. Unchecked custom wares. Exited Script installer. Restored a backup scripts directory (Now that I think of it, I didn't restore the t...). Replaced the changed mod with the original. Started script installer, checked custom wares and my mod. Ran the game once for good measure - everything looked normal - then quit. Installed the script again. Ran again and the result was the readtext.

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Mon, 19. Feb 07, 05:55

that might be the peoblem...try doing a full restore of all your back ups that you took before the issue occured and see if that helps any...

reinhart_menken

Post by reinhart_menken » Mon, 19. Feb 07, 07:40

I do believe that neumanf15 and I have different problem from yours =/

Greg_G
xr

Post by Greg_G » Mon, 19. Feb 07, 10:03

Aye, I agree. Hopefully when Cycrow reads all the good info provided above he'll have some ideas. Either way, if we can't find a solution in the short term, I'll make up an EMP version.

reinhart_menken

Post by reinhart_menken » Mon, 19. Feb 07, 21:53

Gotcha. In the meantime, I'll "dive" under this thread and keep a close eye on it :wink: until we get some updates from you or Cycrow.

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Tue, 20. Feb 07, 06:33

sounds good...anyways other then ship claim software (and my software sig scrambler) what else do i need to have for the thing to sctually claim a ship? (sats, wares, ect, ect, ect) and does the ship pilot need to be out of thier ship or what?

Greg_G
xr

Post by Greg_G » Tue, 20. Feb 07, 06:41

Aye, this is just for claiming, not for causing pilots to abandon their ships. You still need to scare them out of their ships. :)

Early in your game it's not that big a deal to claim them yourself, but eventually abandoned ships start building up in sectors, especially the low hull value ones that don't seem worth the trouble. This is where the SCS shines letting your TL or M1 claim all the abandoned ships left in your wake while you do better things. :) It can, of course, be used on a smaller scale with smaller ships using scenarios 4 & 5.

I was finding myself intentionally blowing up low-hull abandoned ships just to keep the sectors clean. Now I don't! And I've started to care about forcing enemies to abandon again, which I hadn't for a while.

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Tue, 20. Feb 07, 16:30

hehe...time to see if i can get some more pirates to leave thier ships...(yes my fleet of claimed pirate ships is growing...)...im sure this will work on ships like the titan and other real large ships right? (havent tested it yet with capitial ship yet)

Greg_G
xr

Post by Greg_G » Tue, 20. Feb 07, 19:03

Well, AFAIK no >=M6 size ships can be abandoned by pilots
Spoiler
Show
except the special Xenon K (Special K ;)) instance.
(And I assume the LV's HAT claims automatically?)

Scenarios 4 and 5 will work fine with such ships. However, Scenarios 1-3 still need to be tweaked...mainly for TS/TP. Worst case scenario right now is the ship with docking ports will wait 10 minutes for the too-large ship to dock before continuing on. So not a big deal. It won't infinite loop or anything. I'll fix that once I get the custom wares situation worked out.

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Tue, 20. Feb 07, 19:11

hehe...well the SP K is the only thing id go after (when im not being lazy) other then that i just chew on them pirate ships...hehe....MMMMMMM parinid...tasty

Greg_G
xr

Post by Greg_G » Thu, 22. Feb 07, 02:28

The SCS MK1 now uses the Community Extended Mod Pack (EMP) instead of Custom Wares. I really regret doing this as Custom Wares is a magnificent development, but I cannot ignore the fact that two people had very significant problems related to custom wares while no bugs existed in my setup script to cause the problems.

This means two things:
1) SCS MK1 now requires the EMP.
2) People using 1.00 or 1.01 of the SCS MK1 must uninstall the existing script using the procedure explained in the Installation section in the first post of this thread. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but it's necessary.

I'd greatly appreciate it if people would try out the new version and provide feedback.

Also, I had mentioned a possible minor bug with claiming TS/TP class ships. As I thought about the script's program logic, I'm fairly sure I was mistaken about there being a bug. It should handle undockable ships as if the claiming ship has no docking ports. Feel free to let me know if I'm wrong about this, but I think that it was fine all along.

reinhart_menken

Post by reinhart_menken » Thu, 22. Feb 07, 02:36

Sorry to hear that you're forced to go against your design decision =/

Will try this out tonight when I get a chance (should have some ships to capture later) and let you know how it goes. Though I'm not sure how accurate my report would be since I already have a corrupted save (old CCD script that I removed but was still in the game, just found yesterday, and other wares). It would be likely that my save would remain corrupt; we shall see.

Thanks for the effort though!

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”