[SCRIPT] Find SQUASH mines - updated 2007/08/04

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

B-O'F
x3tc

Post by B-O'F » Fri, 28. Mar 08, 09:25

Hi pogi,

Long time no hear... and you still like my script? - have you no taste?

No problem with the request, it is simple to change.

In the script 'bof.find.squash.mines':-

line 012 is currently blank, so change it to

Code: Select all

$do.what = 1
Then select the input argument line, near the top of the script, and press delete.

Then save..

This will give a script that will only identify the squash mines - with no options, so you won't be tempted....

Have fun,

Boron - Ol Fh'art
Public Service announcement

Growing old is not a disease - it is a delayed symptom of birth trauma.

Pogi
x2

Post by Pogi » Fri, 28. Mar 08, 10:40

Thanks BOF..Like and use all your stuff....Um.., except the banking script, have not tried that one yet..maybe soon...Cheers :D
X3..The most fun a man can have...With his clothes on.

Pogi
x2

Post by Pogi » Fri, 28. Mar 08, 17:45

Mission accomplished working good...Hmmm..Is it possible to do away with the "options" all together and make the script to where when you select "find squash mines" it gives you a response such as "command accepted", does the job of locating them, with "no" incoming message?

Again, I would be willing to try and edit it myself with a little( scratch that...lots) of BOF help. :D ..Thanks
X3..The most fun a man can have...With his clothes on.

B-O'F
x3tc

Post by B-O'F » Sat, 29. Mar 08, 01:08

Hi pogi,

Sorry for the delay in replying, but I have had rather a lot to do.. saw your post, then had to fire up the games machine to check out my earlier suggestion - add the line of code, and delete the input argument...

It worked correctly, no options choice -- after I did something that I forgot in the post above - you need to re-init the cache, or save and re-load... Sorry, I forgot this step.. I mean, everyone knows about this... and forgets it....

It now just works without any input request from the player - and no chance of being tempted (but I like temptation, I just can't resist it).

Sorry for the oversight,

The banking script is quite good, with a very flexible input system - but no interest is paid, and no charges are levied. The maximum amount you can have in the bank is limited to about 2 billion billion - just enough I think.....

Boron - Ol Fh'art

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sat, 10. May 08, 07:37

B-O'F wrote: It now just works without any input request from the player - and no chance of being tempted (but I like temptation, I just can't resist it).
There would have been a far easier fix anyway.
Take a knife or other similiar tool and pluck the "0" key out of the keyboard for playing X3.
It's what I do with all windows keys.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

B-O'F
x3tc

Post by B-O'F » Sat, 10. May 08, 10:51

Hi Gazz,

That would mean including the modified keyboard with the script, making it into a mod..... I don't think that Cycrow's packager could cope with that.

Not sure that this is one of your best ideas.......

Boron - Ol Fh'art

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sat, 10. May 08, 11:30

B-O'F wrote: That would mean including the modified keyboard with the script, making it into a mod..... I don't think that Cycrow's packager could cope with that.

Not sure that this is one of your best ideas.......
Oooooh, I think we're on to something here!

If Cycrow could be convinced to allow Keyboard mods with his packager, the player's keyboard could grow some desperately needed new keys for X3!

There's just not enough keys to map all those hotkeys to...
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

B-O'F
x3tc

Post by B-O'F » Sat, 10. May 08, 17:22

Hi Gazz,

Now that is a much better idea... all we need to do (apart from convincing Cycrow that it is a good idea) is to think how to label all the keys...... (A0 to A12) through to (Z0 to Z12) ?? -- excluding Fx would be a start .... oh yes, then we have to find a way of fixing them to the keyboard - how about a 3D stack and you modify your Complex Cleaner to make a Keyboard Cleaner with all the keys instantly available? Could you do that?

Boron - Ol Fh'art

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sat, 10. May 08, 18:00

I guess that will take a little more planning than expected...

But I carelessly clicked the link in your sig.
There I saw lots of things.
Collect freight, collect drones... *bzzzt* *rattle* *clank*
Drones that collect freight!

Instead of a slow TS chugging around in a Xenon sector, it should just deploy 10 drones to harpoon and tow the freight containers back to it's position.
Those little buggers are fast and hard to hit. Well, and a lot cheaper than a TS. =)

Besides, animated things like that are fun to watch.

And I learned something new. Copyleft law.
In true spirit I shall use it without mentioning the source. =P

B-O'F
x3tc

Post by B-O'F » Sun, 11. May 08, 03:17

Hi Gazz,

That wasn't a careless click on my sig, it was planned by me.....

I did think about using drones as freight collectors - but the transporter is quicker and easier - especially as mine is very modified - auto collect is great. As far as I know, you can't get the drones to use tractor beams... it might be worth looking at...

As for the copyleft - yes I do mean it, so when you use any scripts in the true spirit - have a drink of the sauce...

Boron - Ol Fh'art

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”