[SCRIPT] Cargo Cloaking Device MK1 - v1.00 2007-02-02

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Thu, 8. Feb 07, 14:00

Hi Greg: I think I found the problem. Yesterday nigth I made everything that can be done. AS you said if the name appear in the control menu correctly but incorrectly in every other place (as is the case) is a problem of ware. Well I'm using XFP 3.1 right now so 3.1 is for 1.4 version of X3. As I read in your page you made the script for 2.01 version of X3 and as far as I know there wehre changes in ware list from one version to the other. So I'm using the script in the wrong version. If that is the case can you make a version for 1.4 where is really neede. In 2.01 version I think there is something similar. Also check the t files and everything was ok. I'm not a modder/scripter so maybe I'm wrong. Let me know.

Greg_G
xr

Post by Greg_G » Thu, 8. Feb 07, 20:25

Ah, okay. Honestly, I'm a little out of my element there as I've only ever used 2.02 (I waited to buy X3 until the final DVD version was available). I really have no idea what would be involved in making it 1.4 compatible, to be honest, and I certainly cant test it myself as I'd have to revert back to 1.4 which isn't really be a viable option.

Out of curiousity, I know it's ugly, and perhaps too jarring to your suspension of disbelief, but have you tried using the CCD even with the readtexts? The only place you'd have to notice them once working would be in the frieght bay.

Honestly I'm a little surprised by the idea, though, as I would suspect that if custom wares for my script isnt working in 1.4 perhaps no custom wares (via the Script Manager) will work. But I see nothing on Cycrow's page indicating 2.02 being necessary. So perhaps we are still looking at the wrong issue. But not too many scripts, so far, use this really neat feature of Cycrow's packager.

Have you tried his Cargo Energy Divert System (http://forum3.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=145794)? It uses custom wares as well. I'd be interested if it (or any script that uses this specific packager custom wares feature) causes the same problem for you. If not it perhaps means I'm using the custom wares feature incorrectly.

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Fri, 9. Feb 07, 15:51

Hi Greg: I never try Cargo Energy Divert System, but I will this weekend to see what happend. Also I can test if the script function even with the read-text I will try that in Argon Prime where there are a lot of police and military.

st0gey

Post by st0gey » Sat, 12. Feb 11, 19:28

This looks great. Unfortunatley the download link doesn't seem to work - any chance of fixing this???? pleeeeease :?:

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 12. Feb 11, 19:36

Works perfectly here. Did you follow the note in the OP to right click on the download link and select "Save target as..."? Otherwise your browser probably tries to open the .spk and you'll only see a letter salad.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

st0gey

Post by st0gey » Sat, 12. Mar 11, 10:34

X2-Illuminatus wrote:Works perfectly here. Did you follow the note in the OP to right click on the download link and select "Save target as..."? Otherwise your browser probably tries to open the .spk and you'll only see a letter salad.
:oops:

I did not follow the note (ahem) and i saw the letter salad (lol). Thanks very much, X2-Illuminatus

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”