[AL-Plugin][V2.0] Set Crystals Primary Resource

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Tue, 29. May 07, 05:24

Have there been further studies on the impact?

An earlier estimation was 200 (player?) crystal fabs. Does this still hold true? Methinks this'll go down well with my RFF script hehehe makes for quick seeding of CFs.

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Tue, 29. May 07, 12:58

When I finished my tests this month, the economy still hadn't broken down. ECs were expensive, but available - even in those parts of the universe I did not have any influence or impact on.

That's why I think GOD somehow further influences the economy, so that breakdowns are impossible - but I have no proof, nor any starting point for further investigation.

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Tue, 29. May 07, 14:56

I read the german thread, seems to me (correct me if I'm wrong) that the calculations do not take into account the existence of NPC CFs, only NPC SPPs vs Player CFs.

Wouldn't the NPC CFs prolong the "inevitable" for that much longer?

ttl
x3tc

Post by ttl » Tue, 29. May 07, 17:28

Since the NPC SPPs don't normally need crystals, there shouldn't be close to enough transports to get the crystals they need from NPC CFs. Note that mid-range products in the NPC economy (energy & food) have dedicated transports in Tjobs. Thus the NPC CFs probably don't matter - unless the player does the transporting.

This plugin seems like a microscope to show all the gory bits in just how bad the NPC economy really manages itself. I shudder at the thought, but good luck to anyone taking it up. I'll be interested in the autopsy results :)

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Sat, 4. Oct 08, 18:49

Final update of this script and topic:
  • changed download link
  • no code changes
  • unless there's any unexpected behavior or news, I am now closing support for this script, moving on to the next X game

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”