[UPDATE] A few SW ships... and a couple of ST ones too [01-11-2009]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

magrathean monkey
x2

Post by magrathean monkey » Fri, 16. Feb 07, 04:32

Hi all,

I've just added a new version of the Enterprise B model (EnterpriseB_V2). It has been rescaled to make it similar in size to a standard M2 and also has internal docking bays for a few fighters/shuttles.

The link has been updated at the top of the thread. :wink:

The Corellian Corvette is taking me a little longer than I thought, the model is complete and working in-game (I had a fantastic scrap with a dozen TIE fighters and a few TIE bombers earlier - they won, but it was close!). Right now I am having problems with the turrets which is stopping me from releasing it but I'm pretty confident I can have that sorted at some point tomorrow.

Here's a screenie showing the large guns fitted at the front of the ship:
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p138 ... ESS_02.jpg

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Fri, 16. Feb 07, 05:49

you gonna make the bridges for your starships soon?? if not what program(s) did you use to make them? i may try to help ya make some...

I messed with your shuttle seemes pretty fun...had to turn it a slight bit but it was really fun to hit and run on the parinid (yea yea i know probabibly shouldnt do that but they already hated me when i started a fresh game so i thought what the heck)...i can definatly say the shuttle rules...may lack fire power but it sure makes up in agility...took them about 30 minutes to kill me (was movin at good speed darting around thier cap ships.,...think they hit each other more then they did me...

im havein a bit of toruble finding the miranda class ship (i think its miranda...please correct me if it aint) and the BoP im not sure if i need both files (v1 and V2) to run it or if i can have either or...the bridge i took a look at and its awsome too...

i really hope you plan on making more trek ships...and with your permishion the XFP team would like to maby use them in our trek mod too...

Go ahead and check us out too at http://xperiment-fusion-project.net/php ... m.php?f=22 wed like to have you contribute to the mod and maby help us out...(you arnt required or obligated...just thought id extend an invite just incase you want to see what your ships would be going into if u did decide to let us use them)...anyways im going back into the game to finish playing with the parinid (gonna go grab a few mroe freighters i forced them to leave behind...hehehe)
Teladi Next Minute Shipping®

magrathean monkey
x2

Post by magrathean monkey » Fri, 16. Feb 07, 06:15

I am planning on making some bridges for the ST ships soonish, I had a go one for the BoP but I think it could be a lot better.

Right now I'm just trying to get the existing ship models (EnterpriseB, Ontario and the Corellian Corvette) finished to a decent standard. Hopefully these will be complete by the end of this week so I can look to other things like cockpits. :wink:
im havein a bit of toruble finding the miranda class ship
The ship is USS Ontario; I made the name up but it is based on the Miranda class ship. You say that you're having trouble finding it - do you mean that it does not install or you cannot find where to buy it in-game?

The ship should be available at Argon shipyards I think..

Right now I'm rescaling it so that it will not be too small in comparison to the latest version of the Enterprise, so I'll post an updated link for that tomorrow.

And yes, I definately plan on making a few more trek ships. :D

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Fri, 16. Feb 07, 06:34

UBERNESS +10, your mods are so uber the decription system has generated an error :P

What did you use to make the cockpits btw?? im thinkin of trying to make some...and i found the oddyssey...she was hidden on the bottom of the list (shuda been twards top i think or does it go alphabetically??) anyways the shuttle...well i got about 40 of em...well maby not 40...but enough to fill 2 titian/mammoth class ships (i know its supposedly the bigger of the two) fighter bays compleatly...I also would like to discuss with you some possible trek ships and see what you think of making thoes?? I got some ideas for ya and i also got the oddy and i LOVE IT!!!! (well i love the shuttle and excelsior the most...)

if i had to pick my all time fave id go with the shuttle...

what? its small granted and lacks firepower but get 40 of em in a furball with one cap ship (m2 or bigger) and its game over for the poor M2+ saps...(yea i already did a little skrim aginst a M1 with my shuttle fleet and we owned (lost 10 of my shuttles but got them being rebuilt...hehehehehehehehehehehe)

Admiral-Dyroi
x4

Post by Admiral-Dyroi » Fri, 16. Feb 07, 07:11

aww right as you released V2 of enterprise my joy stick craped out on me :evil: now i have to learn how to play with my keyboard.

Oh and Btw that corellian Corvette model...FREAKING SWEET!

how do you have the turrets and such placed...i saw the large ones but do you still have the 6 twin barrel turrets(3 on each side) or is it a custom loadout?

...that thing will look sweet with all turrets blasting BHEPT's though because its an anti fighter id give it flak also to fit into x3.

Now all I need to do is get fraps and have an all out SW war...Winner takes on Battle Star Galactica ships :twisted:

Kortako
x4

Post by Kortako » Fri, 16. Feb 07, 08:19

Those ST ships look absolutely awesome. I especially like the shuttle. Now, if you ever had time to model an Intrepid class ship (i.e. Voyager), I think i'd worship you forever.

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Fri, 16. Feb 07, 18:19

WHAT INTREPID CLASS SHIP WHERE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!...oh drat...oh well...i hope you do make one...i love the intrepid class...(my personal favorite)...time to go cap a few more excelsiors and what not...MUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...(well they are derelict to start with)...

GeckoBlade
x3

Post by GeckoBlade » Fri, 16. Feb 07, 21:33

Awesome. I've been looking for Star Trek ships for a long time. <3

tensin
x3

Post by tensin » Fri, 16. Feb 07, 22:00

One of my goals, before the weekend is out, is to get all your updated XSPs onto the site and auto-updating. I apologize for having been slow, I've recently started a new job.

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Fri, 16. Feb 07, 22:03

well the star trek mod from XFP is finally getting momentium...we hope to fill the universe with startrek ships (all kinds) so i think you might be very happy about that if u like thies...but yea...

@magrathean monkey: I wish to maby discuss some future ideas for some ships for you to try your hand at...and maby include a few "concepts" (for filling rolls that we dont have ships for yet or what ever) with ya...also what program(s) did you use to make the cockpits for your ships??

GeckoBlade
x3

Post by GeckoBlade » Fri, 16. Feb 07, 23:10

Just one question. How do I get the ships to display in the shipyard buy menu? I've been playing around with the ship installer for two hours or so with no avail.

magrathean monkey
x2

Post by magrathean monkey » Sat, 17. Feb 07, 03:27

Ok, I've finished the Corellian Corvette, the link is up at the top of thread.

how do you have the turrets and such placed...i saw the large ones but do you still have the 6 twin barrel turrets(3 on each side) or is it a custom loadout?
Admiral: The Corvette ended up with a custom loadout. I still had a few problems with the turrets (and it was beginning to hurt my head) so I made as best a set-up as I could. As it is now it has an awsome anti-fighter setup; the left and right turrets rip through most fighters with ease. The forward facing turrets can be fitted to take on larger slower targets but it has nowhere near the same firepower as a standard M2 in this respect.

I was a bit concerned that with all the guns it would be a bit too powerful but as it is now I don't think it's invulnerable.

What did you use to make the cockpits btw??
Defiant1: You can download Gmax for modelling ships/cockpits. If you want to try to model a cocjkpit or two I reckon you should go for it! It might be a bit tricky to start with but you should soon get the hang of it. :wink:

I had a quick look at the XFP Star Trek forums today and I'll take a longer look tomorrow. I do lurk on the site quite a bit as whenever i have a problem you guys have usually been-there-seen-it-fixed it before. :D

tensin: No problem on getting them all up and running. I'll look at changing the naming conventions on the existing ships as you suggested and PM you when it's done. Many thx for hosting my ships!

GeckoBlade; you say that you cannot find the ship in the shipyard menu - is it all of the ships or just one in particular?

The ships are all sold by different races and usually appear right at the bottom of the wares list in each shipyard. You also need to have a certain standing with each race to buy each ship just as you do with the X3 ships.

If you can let me know which ones you cannot find I will test them and try to see what the problem is.

Thx
MM

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Sat, 17. Feb 07, 04:50

ummmm i just noticed the shuttles dont show up...they are in the argon shipyard menue (i bought a shuttle)...but its no where to be found...where did it go and how can i get it...i wanna use it instead of my defult ship...HELP!!!! :( i miss my shuttles....and i think this happens with the other ships....not sure...

Admiral-Dyroi
x4

Post by Admiral-Dyroi » Sat, 17. Feb 07, 13:44

All i can say is...well its kinda like that little kid from the incredibles when their house blows up....THAT WAS TOTALLY WICKED!!!mahnn.

yeah, The Corellian Corvette totally surpassed my expectations. Excellent ship Well designed and I love the two external docking ports nice location...its the only ship that I believe could blend in with the Argon fleet if you didnt know it was star wars.

Perfection :shock:

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Sat, 17. Feb 07, 15:05

nvm...it seemes i need the script editer running for the ships to work properly....kick butt ships non the less...i love the shuttle :)

GeckoBlade
x3

Post by GeckoBlade » Sun, 18. Feb 07, 01:47

Do you have plans to make a Constitution (Original USS Enterprise/Enterprise A) class, a Sovereign (Enterprise E) Class or possibly an Intrepid (Voyager) class?

tensin
x3

Post by tensin » Sun, 18. Feb 07, 02:38

The Constitution refit was made by Gandalf and the updated version will be up on my site this weekend.

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Sun, 18. Feb 07, 04:58

i give the refit a 4.5 out of 5 (hey tensin i should probabibly work out some kinda rateing system for your site...would be kinda neat to have one...) it looks fine but i dont know...just doesnt feel right...but anyways the excelsior and ent-b dont show up at all (the game knows they are thier and they have thier icons in the targeting screen area (hud) but the ship its self isnt visible)

any ideas of whats going on or am i missing somthin?

GeckoBlade
x3

Post by GeckoBlade » Sun, 18. Feb 07, 05:20

tensin wrote:The Constitution refit was made by Gandalf and the updated version will be up on my site this weekend.
Yes. I tried it about five minutes after I submitted the post requesting one. The only problem I found with it was that there were no docking bays.

tensin
x3

Post by tensin » Sun, 18. Feb 07, 05:42

I would love to put a rating system on my site.

I'd love for the pages to be dynamically generated.

I'd love the cite to automatically put up "ten newest ships" and "ten most recent updates".

I'd love a lot.

Between working, trying to find a girl (mine broke up with me about 6 hours ago), making ships, importing ships into XSP, I just don't have the time or energy to get the skills required.

Any good web-designers want to put in the work?

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”