[UPDATE] A few SW ships... and a couple of ST ones too [01-11-2009]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

GeckoBlade
x3

Post by GeckoBlade » Sun, 18. Feb 07, 01:47

Do you have plans to make a Constitution (Original USS Enterprise/Enterprise A) class, a Sovereign (Enterprise E) Class or possibly an Intrepid (Voyager) class?

tensin
x3

Post by tensin » Sun, 18. Feb 07, 02:38

The Constitution refit was made by Gandalf and the updated version will be up on my site this weekend.

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Sun, 18. Feb 07, 04:58

i give the refit a 4.5 out of 5 (hey tensin i should probabibly work out some kinda rateing system for your site...would be kinda neat to have one...) it looks fine but i dont know...just doesnt feel right...but anyways the excelsior and ent-b dont show up at all (the game knows they are thier and they have thier icons in the targeting screen area (hud) but the ship its self isnt visible)

any ideas of whats going on or am i missing somthin?
Teladi Next Minute Shipping®

GeckoBlade
x3

Post by GeckoBlade » Sun, 18. Feb 07, 05:20

tensin wrote:The Constitution refit was made by Gandalf and the updated version will be up on my site this weekend.
Yes. I tried it about five minutes after I submitted the post requesting one. The only problem I found with it was that there were no docking bays.

tensin
x3

Post by tensin » Sun, 18. Feb 07, 05:42

I would love to put a rating system on my site.

I'd love for the pages to be dynamically generated.

I'd love the cite to automatically put up "ten newest ships" and "ten most recent updates".

I'd love a lot.

Between working, trying to find a girl (mine broke up with me about 6 hours ago), making ships, importing ships into XSP, I just don't have the time or energy to get the skills required.

Any good web-designers want to put in the work?

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Sun, 18. Feb 07, 06:06

im not that good but the rateing system i can get together in little or no time at all...just need to know what system you wanna use...we can use a "base 10" or "base 5"

your choise...if we use base 10 we can give our score (ie 5 out of 10 points) plus critique the ship a bit and give our pros and cons...base 5 we can do relitivly the same...just a bit more brod spectrum...

what do u think? (im considering switchin to the base 10 system)...

I should have some more rateings up soon...

OK time for rating:

This rateings reflect the oppions of the writer and NOT the originial creator(s)/others of this community and/or egosoft

Shuttle (type 6)

Looks 9 out of 10
cockpit 0 out of 10 (currently uses defult view)
cargo capasity 5 out of 10 (decient for this size ship)
wepons 3 out of 10 (only has 2...if you must attack larger ship use the "swarm" method)
manuverability 8.5 out of 10 (pretty good...)
Cargo bays N/A
defence (hull strength and shields) 6.7 out of 10

overall score: 5.36 (could use a bit more improvement but its a good ship/WIP)

USS Odysious

Looks 7.5 out of 10
cockpit 0 out of 10 (uses defult view)
cargo bays 6.7 out of 10 (seemes decient enough but could consider adding a bit more room)
docking bays 5.5 (seem to be a decient size)
Wepons 4.3 out of 10 (could use some more and/or better wepons)
defence 9.6 out of 10 (took my other M1 a bit of time to get through its hull and shields)

overall score: 5.6 (could use some improvements but its a good ship/WIP)

BoP: (both variants) to be tested

This rateing system is MENT to help the creater by giveing him/her an idea of what they could do to improve upon the ship(s) they make it is in NO WAY MENT to degrade them by ANY means (its also to help you the user decide if the ship(s) are right for your needs

Reagger
x3tc

Post by Reagger » Sun, 18. Feb 07, 08:05

Your design for the Corellian Corvette is beautiful. I've tried many times to take models and get them into a format that would work in X3 but without any success.

I would ask one thing though. Would it be possible to make a smaller, M6 classed version? In the first Starwars movie the corvette was small enough to fit in the docking area of the Star Destroyer. It would probably need to be about 1\3 the size it is now to fit in the docking area of the ISD xsp available.

I know you probably have a lot on your plate but it would be hugely appreciated. You dont even have to fit it out with weapons if you dont want to. I was able to modify the YT-1300 so the turrets would be properly oriented when Tension first made that available as an xsp.

tensin
x3

Post by tensin » Sun, 18. Feb 07, 08:57

Actually, I was thinking of a rating that people could vote on. There's no real way for one person to review every ship well.

Of course, I could likely do that with polls on my phBB. Hrm..

sundance.o

Post by sundance.o » Sun, 18. Feb 07, 11:10

Hi,

your ships are 10++.
Good to see ST Ships in the X universe...

Maybe, if its possible a Delty Flyer (M3) and this Arrow Class Runabout
as a TP or M3+ where good to see in X3.

Link for Arrow:
http://www.scifi-meshes.com/meshes/index.php?dlid=20

snips
x3

Post by snips » Mon, 19. Feb 07, 00:42

Hi is there any news on the improvement to the ontario
( only having 1G shield when it states it should have more) 8)

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Mon, 19. Feb 07, 00:47

welll ten i would agree with the rateing system that pwople can vote on...im just rateing them to help the creater/devloper(s) figure out what people are likeing and what could use improvement...its not perfict but its to give a working idea of what is going on with the ship(s)...but hey im willin to work out somthin...

magrathean monkey
x2

Post by magrathean monkey » Mon, 19. Feb 07, 01:26

Hi is there any news on the improvement to the ontario
( only having 1G shield when it states it should have more)
I'm working on it right now and it's almost finished. I've rescaled it to be consistent with the EnterpriseB model and for some reason the number of shields I add actually show up in-game (and I have no idea why it suddenly works). :?

I'll have it ready for download in the next hour or so.

MM

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Mon, 19. Feb 07, 02:18

hey MM can u get on MSN? I also have some suggestions for ya about your ships and some ideas for you too :)

magrathean monkey
x2

Post by magrathean monkey » Mon, 19. Feb 07, 02:49

Ok, the Ontario model has been updated (Ontario_V2.xsp).
Edit: the Bird of Prey models have also been rescaled too.

*I've changed the name that appears in the ship list to Federation Ontario Class* This is so that as more federation ships make an appearence they will have some sort of consistent naming convention and more importantly it makes it quicker for me to find them when testing. :wink:

I'll try and add the two Bird of Prey variants tonight as I have also rescaled them. They're about two/three times bigger than they were but they wil still dock at all stations.
Edit: Done - YaY!

MM
Last edited by magrathean monkey on Mon, 19. Feb 07, 03:11, edited 1 time in total.

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Mon, 19. Feb 07, 02:50

kewl...should i remove the V1 of all the ships also? and MM u on msn yet??

tensin
x3

Post by tensin » Mon, 19. Feb 07, 05:08

Sorry. Looks like tomorrow before I'll get these done.

snips
x3

Post by snips » Mon, 19. Feb 07, 16:06

The Ontario refit lokks good, cheers for improving it. 8)

magrathean monkey
x2

Post by magrathean monkey » Tue, 20. Feb 07, 04:15

I'm glad its working ok snips. :wink:

I've added a variant of the Enterprise model, it's called the USS Invincible and is a small carrier. It's basically the same model but with 4 engines - it looks a bit strange but i like the look of it.

If you have any problems with it, please let me know...

Thx
MM

tensin
x3

Post by tensin » Tue, 20. Feb 07, 04:25

They are up. It was something of a rush job solet me know if I missed any.

The BoP variant had a naming issue and won't auto-update from the old version to the current.

Hardtakill

Problem with some turrets functioning and weapons...

Post by Hardtakill » Tue, 20. Feb 07, 08:16

On the YT-1300's I have noticed that my turrets will turn and such but will not fire. Have had the problem with your versions of the YT-1300 and some of the DDRS ships with weapons and turrets not firing. Another example would be the Tie Interceptor from DDRS. That doesn't fire either.

I know that DDRS isn't your problem but I think there may be a connection that is easily fixable. I have the ship installer and ship creator packages downloaded and are getting more and more familiar with them.

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated...

Thanx,
HTK

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”