[UPDATE] A few SW ships... and a couple of ST ones too [01-11-2009]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

chiefmiller06

Post by chiefmiller06 » Tue, 27. Oct 09, 17:08

Sent you a PM with a Cockpit wish list. However, any cockpits you have, annimated or not would be great. Will you post the changes to the front of this or provide a "cockpit" link for specific downloads?

Thanks for the great work!!!

Chief

magrathean monkey
x2

Post by magrathean monkey » Sun, 1. Nov 09, 21:57

Hi chiefmiller06,

I've added .xsp files for the T6, T 15 and Logistics Shuttles (all with cockpits). I've only manaed to do minimum testing on them so please, please try them out in a new game load before importing them into any savegames. And let me know if you have any problems with them...

I'll be looking to add one or two more over the next couple of weeks.

MM

Kahitar
x4

Problem with federation spacedock

Post by Kahitar » Sat, 14. Nov 09, 14:52

hey,
I have a problem with the Space dock. I can install it but in the game it is listed as a ship in the shipyard and if I buy it, i can't see it. It is there but... öhm... the graphic isn't there... Sorry I can't explain it very good... But what did I wrong? I put the .cat and .dat file in my x3 folder und renamed it to 10 and 10 (the highest so far was 09. Then I installed the station with the "X - Plugin Manager - Installer V2.12". I can buy the station in the shipyard for around 67 million credits as a ship an then the above explained problem appears.

Sorry my English isn't very good, hope you can help me!

Kahitar

magrathean monkey
x2

Post by magrathean monkey » Sat, 14. Nov 09, 17:43

Hi Kahitar,

A 'Federation Spacedock' will appear in the ship list but it is a dummy entry so the spacedock will not actually appear in-game if you try to add or buy this one. I made this entry so I could use the ship installer to add certain files to a game without requiring a total restart.

In order to actually get the spacedock into your game, you will need to add it from the list of docks (you will probably have to add it using a cheat). If you have LV's cheats installed (link here) use the 'create station', then in the docks list, you will see two entries for 'Headquarters'. The Spacedock is the Headquarters entry with a volume of 50000

I hope this helps, but let me know if you are still having problems...

MM

Kahitar
x4

Post by Kahitar » Sun, 15. Nov 09, 12:22

Thanks!
I'll try it!

And one other question: I installed several Star Trek ships, but many of them only have the name "F" in game. Why?

Kahi

Edit: I get it. The second letter was an "ö" so everything after the F was away.

Kahitar
x4

Post by Kahitar » Mon, 16. Nov 09, 20:24

hm, the headquarter works, but it is normal, that big ships don't dock inside the headquarter but outside aboute 5km from the station?

Kahitar

magrathean monkey
x2

Post by magrathean monkey » Wed, 18. Nov 09, 23:22

Kahitar wrote:And one other question: I installed several Star Trek ships, but many of them only have the name "F" in game. Why?
I'm not sure about this, it may have something to do with other scripts or ships that you are also using. If you can list any scripts and mods that you have running I might be able to figure that out.
Kahitar wrote:hm, the headquarter works, but it is normal, that big ships don't dock inside the headquarter but outside aboute 5km from the station?
There are 6 docking positions in total for capital class ships at the space dock. There are 4 outside and 2 inside. There are only 2 inside because the ship needs to be able to fly inside, then outside in a straight line - otherwise it creates a lot of navigation issues. Unfortunately I don't think you can request a specific landing slot but I guess if you were to manually edit the spacedock_scene file to reduce the number of landing slots to the two that are used inside, then that would guarantee that the ships will always dock inside.

MM

Kahitar
x4

Post by Kahitar » Thu, 19. Nov 09, 08:59

ah thx, i didn't trie to dock more than 2 ships until now but then it is ok^^

and how I said, i solved the problem with the F in the shipyard.

thanks for all

RedEyedRaven
x4

Post by RedEyedRaven » Mon, 23. Nov 09, 16:47

@magrathean monkey

The updated shuttles work fine ingame, I didn't find any errors yet. It's much more funny to fly them as expected :D
2023: X4: Seafood-restaurant 'Split' opens in ZYA-space. Reservations limited, get yours today!

Kitarn
x3tc

Post by Kitarn » Fri, 27. Nov 09, 00:02

Which version of XTM is used for these ships to work. And is it required to start from scratch? I have R 2.5 from the Gold box version US release. I first tried installing the Defiant and YT-2000 using XTM 7.3 and LV's cheat scripts only. The YT-2000 installed with Cycrows ship installer part of the plugin manager/installer 2.12 for Reunion but the Defiant did not. And in game I was able to spawn the YT but the cockpits file was messed up no guns worked on any ship.

Was it something I messed up on installing them? I only recently got Reunion after playing TC for a while.

Thanks, they look great and sorry if I missed another post that covers my mess up, but I don't currently have time to scan through 107 pages of posts.

masterhaha
x4

Post by masterhaha » Tue, 5. Jan 10, 01:29

hi magrathean monkey,

I tried your Federation Space Station (You know the huge roundly thing) today. First, absolutely great work, it looks great in game.
But I have a small problem, I hope you can help me:

1.I can't dock on my station M7 ships, or TS ships, all others are working fine.

Sorry, my English isn't the best, but I hope you can understand what I'm talking about.

Masterhaha

Meliav
x4

Post by Meliav » Fri, 8. Jan 10, 00:35

Sorry to bug ya, MM, but im having an issue, and after reading almost half of this 100 plus posts, i give up.
I simply love the Weaver and its concept, but for some reason, i cant dock the Hauler on it.
After some "magic", i manage to land it inside, but it doesnt show up outside (as i sure want to see) :)

Any idea what im doing wrong here?
Thanks for any help.

Ok, update, hoping that someone (seems MM is away can give a hand)

First, AWESOME work, the detail on those ships is astonishing, my hate goes off to the maker.

Second, my issues:

-Weaver and Hauler look very nice, but the TS wont dock on the Weaver, only inside, and with "magic"
- SpaceDock is a no go, no 50k ST Dock shows on my game, and i finish reading all the 107 pages , and tried EVERYTHING in there, just not happening (and i SOO want that in my game...)
- Ships have only one issue...they are SMALL, compared to the rest of the ships in the game, even the stock ones. They look very nicely, but are small, oh well.

If anyone can help, appreciated, if not, oh well, ill just use mini ships :)

Cheers to all, and keep up the good work, the community thanks.
Strength through Unity

psykodeth

Post by psykodeth » Fri, 15. Jan 10, 13:56

look i have been having this problem with installing the ships in game i am new at this kinda thing so im probably doin something wrong

i have been able to get the ships on the list to spawn them( to see if they work) but when i spawn them the are there but you cant see them any insight would be helpful

Meliav
x4

Post by Meliav » Fri, 15. Jan 10, 20:07

Fresh install, also added XTM.

Redone the dock instalation, still nowhere can i see a 50k station (except the goner one).
Can someone please try to figure out whats wrong (those that actually did manage to add it)?

Also, now, none of the fed ships allow docking.
This is getting weird. I use alot of tensin and cycrow ships, and all work wonderfully, MM fed ships look awesome, and play very well, but i do need a spot to park them :)...and shuttles inside.

If needed, i can send a save from my game (if that helps)
Thanks guys.
Strength through Unity

psykodeth

Post by psykodeth » Sun, 31. Jan 10, 05:04

ok i finally figured it out.... it was my error.... im not that great at these kinds of things lol! MM the models look great! my only issue is the yt series have no front weapons :( i would love it if i could get one with forward guns

MarkusXL
x3tc

Post by MarkusXL » Tue, 2. Feb 10, 00:27

I could use a technical pointer or two here, myself.

I installed the Weaver, looks and behaves fine, BUT it "breaks" my game - now NONE of my Shipyards allow any ship to dock!

:lol:

And once broken like this, its unfixable, that I can tell. I removed it using the Ship Installer, but ALL SAVED GAMES remain "broken" like this.

I had to re-load from a backup folder to fix it, so no harm done. :D

But what is the conflict with? XTM? Ashley's Factories?

Anybody else ever have the "nerfed shipyards" problem after installing a .XSP ship?

mpcribeiro
x3tc

Post by mpcribeiro » Mon, 8. Feb 10, 20:55

Hi MM

Is there any chance of seeing the station DS9 on X3? (even if it is half done)

Regards

mpcribeiro
x3tc

Post by mpcribeiro » Mon, 8. Feb 10, 20:57

James Smith Jr wrote:I see your very good at making ships for X3 reuion, could you make the Solyvern class BB (Enterprise), Romulan Warbird and the Klingon Vor'cha class BB for X3 Terran Conflict. I can't seem to find them anywere.(For TC) If you or anyone else knows were, you can e-mail me at James_4669@msn.com And Thanks.
FYI I've installed all MM's ships on TC without glitches so (far using the new install tool).

mrbooks

ST ships on TC your kidding?

Post by mrbooks » Mon, 8. Feb 10, 23:45

I must not be using the xsp converter right, is that all you used? It wont show up, is it modified or vanilla? can you mail me your xsps or post them? Did you have to use that MM_Kris Compatibility XTM spk? I want to get at least the intrepid class ship on TC if you have that working. -mrbooks
Weapons to Maximum!

magrathean monkey
x2

Post by magrathean monkey » Tue, 9. Feb 10, 00:08

Oops, I haven't been around these forums lately - and it looks like my ships are causing quite a bit of mischief! :o

The problems with docking breaking for some/all ships will almost certainly be caused by conflicts in these two files:

types/dummies.txt
types/cutdata.txt

The problems stem from either myself, the XTM guys or whoever else's ships you are using (in combination) having different entries with the same ID numbers in these files.

Basically what happens when you install ships or mods with new docks is that the .xsp will have an updated version of these two files and this will overwrite the one you are currently using. For my (and Kris's) ships, I created the MM_Kris_Compatibility xsp file. This contains modified cutdata and dummies.txt files that I know will work with all of my and Kris's ships. I also modified this to be compatible with a version of the XTM mod, but if XTM has been modified since I made the release - which was quite a while ago, then the compatiblity installer will most likely not work. So please, please back up savegames before using my ships!

Te good news is that these files can be fixed with a little bit of patience; they can both be opened in notepad once extracted from the .xsp or CAT/DAT setup. The bad news is that I don't have any examples here on this PC to paste on the forum right now, so you'll have to wait until I can get to my work PC later tonight... Apologies for that! :oops:

More to follow soon!

MM

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”