[Bonus Plugin] Explorer Software

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Seawolfe
x3tc

Post by Seawolfe » Fri, 27. Jul 07, 21:51

Don't see this with anyone else, but they may not be doing it like I am.

I equipped a caiman miner with the explorer software but it will not scan asteroids. Works fine for anything that I actually have to purchase a mineral scanner for, but doesn't seem to work for the 'miner' transports that have the mineral scanner built in.
Seawolfe

-------------

"Consequences, shmonsequences, as long as I'm rich" - Daffy Duck

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Fri, 27. Jul 07, 22:43

I think the problem's in plugin.explore.chk.scan.asteroids

Code: Select all

001   * Xai  Corporation
002   * 
004   $return = [CmdConCheck.Available]
005   skip if $ship -> get true amount of ware Mineralienscanner in cargo bay
006    $return = [CmdConCheck.Disabled]
008   return $return
line 5 should probably have been this instead:

Code: Select all

005   skip if $ship -> get amount of ware Mineralienscanner in cargo bay

Seawolfe
x3tc

Post by Seawolfe » Fri, 27. Jul 07, 23:15

Aye, that fixed it. Gotta remember to re-init the script cache after making the change.
Seawolfe

-------------

"Consequences, shmonsequences, as long as I'm rich" - Daffy Duck

Fundacion
x3ap

Post by Fundacion » Mon, 29. Oct 07, 17:31

I download the script at XaiCorp page and i can`t find the extra options, is the version include in bonus pack?

It works with Xtended without bonus pack?

Thanks & bye

Tritous
x3tc

Post by Tritous » Sun, 2. Dec 07, 13:18

I remember this one. It's very useful but I always had a problem with it: OOS (which is the way you'd mostly expect to use it surely) unless you are actively watching the ship, anything it picks up wont actually be mapped.

So it can circle all it likes, park in a station, and you see a station and a blank map after. If you watch it remotely with the sector map however it will show things it sees in scanner range (useful if you want to chase ships to track remote gates)

I assume this is a core code problem not fixable by script?
Give a man a fire, he'll stay warm for a day
Set a man on fire, he'll stay warm for the rest of his life ;)

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Sun, 2. Dec 07, 15:41

You are correct in that normally a ship in a remote sector will not reveal any objects unless you're watching them on the sector map. However, there wouldn't really be a lot of point signing an explorer script that didn't reveal anything it found. The Map Sector command does reveal Gates, Stations and Asteroids, even when you're not looking.

Tritous
x3tc

Post by Tritous » Sun, 2. Dec 07, 21:18

interesting, when did that get sorted then? because a few months ago when I was using it it wasnt mapping things if i wasnt watching.

admittedly I was at the time in a TS doing manual trading to start an income off so i had time to just watch it, but it definately didnt map if i didnt watch before

Tritous
x3tc

Post by Tritous » Sun, 9. Dec 07, 12:57

just a note, how much is this meant to cost? I remember the old version i had used to be relatively cheap, even as software goes, but since i added the bonus pack it's costing over 900k.

I assume it's not meant to cost 900k?

JMagar
x4

Explorer ship never stops

Post by JMagar » Fri, 11. Apr 08, 16:46

Not sure if I am entering the info right in the commands but I set a Discoverer with explorer soft to scan a sector and 6 hours of playing later it was still scanning that same sector. I changed the command to none, then sent it to another sector to try again and 4 hours of playing later it was still scanning that sector. Can't seem to figure out why this is happening.

Game patched to 2.5 and bonus pack 3.1.07 istalled

Legionnaire
x4

Post by Legionnaire » Fri, 11. Apr 08, 16:55

have you got the command for the ship to tell you when finished enabled?

as the few times ive use manual explorers ive always had inform mwe when order complete enabled, and the ship scans sector then tells me its ready for anothe sector...

however there is another option

Universe Explorers :D

Automated universe exploration, with a drink/drug habit :lol:

if your happy using scripts install this and have some fun

Legionnaire

JMagar
x4

Post by JMagar » Fri, 11. Apr 08, 17:02

Yes I have tell me whenb finished set to yes.

Tried installing Universe Explorers, but could not get it to activate. Scripting is not one of my strong points.

Even did the pilot name change "Thereshallbewings" and could not find it in the game.

Never used scripts in this game before, so not sure if just installing it to the right folders is enough, or do I have to do something else to get it to work.

Charlie Whiskey
x3tc

Two issues with the Explorer Software in 3.1.07

Post by Charlie Whiskey » Tue, 29. Apr 08, 15:43

Issue 1:
-----------
1) The explorer got targetted by an enemy ship in Eleina's Fortune, it launched its fighter drones and dropped a danger beacon [OK]
2) It escapes to the sector next door, got targetted by another enemy, dropped a beacon and escaped back to the previous sector in (1) [OK]
3) It then sat motionless next to the gate scanning for place to buy replacement fighter drones! i.e. Action = none. [NOT OK]
4) I moved it to a safe sector, restarted the explorer, and it just sat there scanning for places to buy fighter drones instead of doing some other useful work in the meantime. [NOT OK]

Issue 2:
-----------
Danger beacons belong to the PLAYER race therefore act like satellites and allow the player to interract with the stations in the sector (check price, buy ships etc) even if there are no player ships in the sector. [NOT OK]
"WhiskeyCorp - The universe's local monopoly" (TM)

bp2019

Post by bp2019 » Tue, 29. Apr 08, 16:42

The explorer ship will NOT explore again until it has some sort of defence (fighter drones) that is by design not by fault. As for the beacon that is sort of an engine limit and the script DID pass testing and signing so it was obviously found to be ok, besides, its an explorer ship, its a dropped BEACON, think of it like a cheap satelite minus the triplex coverage.

EDIT: forgot to mention, it HAS to be player owned otherwise it wont appear in your properties list alerting you to danger.

I guess you could modify the script to your own needs and preferences but these are designed that way for a reason, if you dont care if the beacon shows up in the list, or even if it shows up at all you could probably simply change the race designation or remove it entirely. :wink:

Of course im sure someone else can help you modify it or set it up in such a way you can be happy with it. 8)

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 20. May 08, 22:09

Starhaus noticed that the plugin.explore.chk.scan.asteroids is still V1 in the BP 3.1.07. Ie no Asteroid Scanning with builtin Scanner.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

zyx185

Post by zyx185 » Sat, 27. Mar 10, 04:18

thanks

blackmeggadeath

Post by blackmeggadeath » Thu, 2. Sep 10, 23:53

good idea but can it be used to make ships go to all the sectors you havent visited?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 3. Sep 10, 17:18

I don't think so, at least not without giving the commands "Fly through gate" and "Explore sector" again and again. If you don't mind a *modified* there are other scripts for exploring the whole universe like Universe Explorers by 7ate9tin11s.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”