[Bonus Plugin] Explorer Software

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Greedy_Bastard
x3

Post by Greedy_Bastard » Mon, 22. Jan 07, 21:28

:? Okay i got the bonus pack but i have a problem. I have everything that it gives except the exploration software. I read on here that it may get it later but in my 1 small years experience every station has everything available to it from the beginning and your only restriction is cost. Now I have checked the following Teladi sectors for it and none had it Ceo's Buckzoid, Seizewell, Company Pride, The Vault, and Home of Opportunity. I have never had good luck at finding sectors so I kinda really need this, plz help.(yes I tried re-installing it)
I bet you $25 that im greedier than you and ill prove it to you in 5 languages:
English: I love Money
Spanish: Amo el dinero
French: J'aime l'argent
German: Ich liebe Geld
Russian: Я люблю деньг
Now you owe me $25

asmondar
x3

Post by asmondar » Sat, 27. Jan 07, 17:33

Is there a way, that we can add a small feature, say when you send a ship out to explore a sector and it finishes and then docks somewhere, can you get it to send automated message.

Hi This is ship in sector whatever, I've just finished exploring and will now dock at somewhere in sector whatever or wherever.

This way we can know that it finished it's command and we can give it another one rahter then have to go into property and see if it finished?

Just a thought. I don't know much about scripting but thought this might be useful. If you don't want to add it, could you tell me how to so I can? I can go into script editor and modify little tiny things, but msg's I just don't know how.

thanks.

Artemis404
x3tc

Post by Artemis404 » Sat, 27. Jan 07, 18:06

I'm not sure why, but when my Discoverer Recon Drone has finished scanning a sector it has never docked anywhere.

asmondar: Check your explorers command console. There is an option to notify you when it has finished. It is "no" by default, so change it to "Yes" and hit enter. This is what I did with my Disco, so every time it finishes a sector I get a new message, open the command menu, pick one of the gates it found in the sector, send it through to a new sector and start over again.

asmondar
x3

Post by asmondar » Sat, 27. Jan 07, 20:01

Found it, and man do i feel like a goober! But hey that's me.

Thanks

Artemis404
x3tc

Post by Artemis404 » Sat, 27. Jan 07, 20:44

No problem. That setting is also pretty damn useful for remote manual trading. I think I have more or less all of my ships set for "yes" now.

AJ_Zulu
x3ap

Post by AJ_Zulu » Sun, 28. Jan 07, 18:42

At last thanks... :roll: :wink: 8)

Ramstone
x3

Post by Ramstone » Sun, 11. Feb 07, 09:37

I can't find this software.

The only two Teladi sectors with Teladi Space Equipment Dock are Ceo's Buckzoid and Seizwell, but they don't have Explorer Software there.

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Sun, 11. Feb 07, 15:34

Try looking in Ministry of Finance, Ianamus Zura, Two Grand, PTNI Headquarters, The Vault, Home of Opportunity, or Grand Exchange.

or you could just save and reload a couple of times.

Ramstone
x3

Post by Ramstone » Wed, 14. Feb 07, 09:01

nvm, I just updated to 3.05 from .04. didn't notice it wasn't included in 04.

Ramstone
x3

Post by Ramstone » Thu, 15. Feb 07, 06:23

To use the command you select a central point around which to explore, set a maximum range from that point to explore and set a "ecliptic variance".
What does this Ecliptic Variance mean ?

frymaster
x4

Post by frymaster » Thu, 15. Feb 07, 10:32

how much above or below the ecliptic it will fly
Math problems? Call 0800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Christie
x3

Post by Christie » Wed, 4. Apr 07, 03:20

I've installed the xplorer software to my starburst but i can't seem to find the 'fly through gate' button under my navigation options. Anyone have any clue as to what might be wrong. :? :? :?

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Sat, 7. Apr 07, 23:22

asmondar wrote:Is there a way, that we can add a small feature, say when you send a ship out to explore a sector and it finishes and then docks somewhere, can you get it to send automated message.

Hi This is ship in sector whatever, I've just finished exploring and will now dock at somewhere in sector whatever or wherever.

This way we can know that it finished it's command and we can give it another one rahter then have to go into property and see if it finished?

Just a thought. I don't know much about scripting but thought this might be useful. If you don't want to add it, could you tell me how to so I can? I can go into script editor and modify little tiny things, but msg's I just don't know how.

thanks.
Open up the Command menu of your exploring ship, scroll down and look for "Notify me when order completed", change it to "Yes". :wink:
I found that if you enter -1 as the amount to scan it will scan the entire sector and then dock.
I just edited the script, deleting the variable "How many asteroids to scan?" and added a new line: $number.ToScan = 99. Now all I have to do is select the starting 'roid. Works sweet.

-G

Porksmuggler
x3

Post by Porksmuggler » Thu, 21. Jun 07, 00:15

Cant seem to get this part to work, changed the pilot name, but still have to enter the explore parameters manually, why?

"If the explorer ship has a pilot, ie the pilot's name is something other than the player's name, the Fly through gate command functions slightly differently. Once it has flown through the gate it will immediately go on to scan the sector from the center out to a range of 40km."

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Thu, 21. Jun 07, 00:48

use the fly through the gate command, not the explore sector command.

in other words, when a ship flys through a gate it will automatically start exploring rather than wait for you to tell it what to do.

Porksmuggler
x3

Post by Porksmuggler » Wed, 27. Jun 07, 00:29

sorry for not being clear, when I use the fly through gate command the ship just goes through and waits, and I have changed the pilots name.

Porksmuggler
x3

Post by Porksmuggler » Tue, 10. Jul 07, 01:02

not to be persistent, but what could i be doing wrong? i've renamed the pilot and ship, but it still just stops after the fly through gate command.

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Tue, 10. Jul 07, 01:30

when I checked this it functioned correctly.

how did you rename the pilot?

Porksmuggler
x3

Post by Porksmuggler » Tue, 10. Jul 07, 21:03

So, I checked and I renamed the ship and My Player Name via the menu. How do you change just the ship's pilot name? I searched, but couldnt find anything.

*edit* I found this thread:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... pilot+name

but do I have to set the ship as a wingman before I can access the hire/dismiss pilot command?

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Tue, 10. Jul 07, 22:50

iirc any ship with the special command software will have the hire/dismiss pilot command available. This command allows you to select a ship to hire a new pilot (ie change the pilot name), or dismiss the existing one. That's to say the command will work on any ship, not just the ship with the special software. The command is actually for use with CAG/CLS but works just as well in this situation.

Other posibilities for creating a pilot name are, running the Mk3 trader CAG, CLS command on the ship, or having the ship partipate in a patrol group.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”