[SCRIPT] Nividium Mines V1.00 : Update 28/11/2006

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Wed, 29. Nov 06, 03:04

Doesn't make sense that a Terracorp mine is sold in Paranid space when Paranids regard Argons as lower life forms :D

If it's not sold in Argon space, how about in the Terracorp HQ?

Nulric
x4

Post by Nulric » Wed, 29. Nov 06, 06:31

Well...consider. Paranids bought load after load from Terracorp. So they don't seem to care too much if they get what they want from the lower lifeforms.

And if Terracorp developed a mine, but no one used nividium, or was interested in any way in it, well then they'd sell the design to the Paranids, who are insane about it.

Of course given that, it might make a little since for Terracorp to sell it, but their HQ isn't a shipyard style facility, so...there ya go. At least thats how I explain it to myself haha.

bob hope
x3

Post by bob hope » Wed, 29. Nov 06, 08:40

actually its inkeeping with the original storyline since the paranid were fairly easily brought into the fight against the Xenon by Kyle, the only better option would of been the Teladi, but then again they wouldnt sell it due tto them being the only people with it so cornering the market
About the name - i was lost for a name on the forum and looking round, then a Bob Hope film came on, and i thought "that will do nicely"

i was born and raised argumentative i dont mean to offend ...... sorry

Mobuj
x3tc

Post by Mobuj » Wed, 29. Nov 06, 09:49

Spoiler
Show
I tried to put nividium mines in Rolk's Fate which are created by the Bala Gi v2 missions. The only asteroides they will go on are ore roids. Could this be a bug?
Great idead btw!
---------------------------
I am Popeye of Borg
You will be askimilated!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 29. Nov 06, 18:10

it cant be sold at the Terracorp HQ coz its an Equipment dock, and you can add ships or stations for sale there, the selling of ships and stations is hardcoded to the shipyards.

Mobuj, when i tested it, i put it on an Nividium roid and it worked fine.
ill try it on the one in Rolk's Fate and c if that makes a difference

Lidza
x3

Post by Lidza » Wed, 29. Nov 06, 20:40

I've installed but not tested yet...

I am probably missing something... But I'm failing to find a single station in Paranid space that could buy Nvid :oops:

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 29. Nov 06, 21:47

it doesn't add statnios for you to buy nividium, althou i am planning on adding that.

what it does, is make a mine that you can deploy yourself to make nividium, just like you can with ore and silicon

bob hope
x3

Post by bob hope » Thu, 30. Nov 06, 11:22

i am wondering if the 2 roids aded by bali gi are set to essential and dont allow any mines on purpose so that you wouldnt accidentally drop a mine on them, may explain a bit
About the name - i was lost for a name on the forum and looking round, then a Bob Hope film came on, and i thought "that will do nicely"

Computertech

Post by Computertech » Thu, 30. Nov 06, 17:26

The rolks Fate roids are not usable. I can't destroy them and I can't plant the mine on it. Been searching for other nid asteroids, but cannot find any at all. Any way get this simplier? As far as I would know the new nid roids are in pirate or xenon sectors, completely useless, without a full fleet.

bob hope
x3

Post by bob hope » Thu, 30. Nov 06, 19:28

the ones spawned by the script are supposed to be out of the way, so try searching 100k or more from the centrew of the system

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Sat, 2. Dec 06, 01:02

Never having played the plot through..I don't understand what the purpose of Nividium is..

To my knowledge, nobody, no station buys it..So what's it used for?

Hieronymos

bob hope
x3

Post by bob hope » Sat, 2. Dec 06, 01:05

currently it seems you need it to build khaak ships after reverse engineering, and i think theres 3 trade stations that buy it, and there used to be a few jewellry places too but i suppose those will get eaten by god evenmntually and normal ones spawned

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Sat, 2. Dec 06, 02:17

Which 3 stations?

And you mean using the v2.0 PHQ with Kha'ak ships?

Thanks,

Hieronymos

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Sat, 2. Dec 06, 02:59

I know of at least 1 place buying Nvi... the pirate anarchy port in LooManck's Treaty.

Building Khaak ships u need Nvidium. Check the PHQ Construction chart thread and the stuff being drawn up by "Dave Toome"(?) to create an Excel to contain all the ship reverse-engineering data.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 2. Dec 06, 04:26

the roids added in the game are completly random, so u'll have to search from them.

but nividium roids are quite rare, althou u should find some in Kha'ak space.

they can be created anywhere between, -100km, -40km, -1000km and 100km, 40km, 100km

bob hope
x3

Post by bob hope » Sat, 2. Dec 06, 11:29

1 or 2 teladi trading stations buy the stuff and the anarchy port and there may be a paranid one buying it too somewhere but dont quote me on that one as it may of turned up after a khaak attack or something

LennStar
x4

Post by LennStar » Fri, 29. Dec 06, 12:00

Does it work with Mods? It seems, the script only activates what is installed.
J.L. DDRS&Multimod (german) needs buyable Nividium-mines (there are only pre-sets). A few Ni-roids and stations which need Ni are there already.
:idea: BUG REPORT INFO: I play X4 vanilla. You can find all my bug report files in there:
All X4 files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/83j3cjfhkdlf ... w6HLa?dl=0

talrea
x3

Post by talrea » Sat, 30. Dec 06, 05:30

their are 3 niv asteroids in the game outside kark space that are able to put mines on (their in a unknown sector past xenon space (fun hey...) the nivid asteriod in rorks fate is mineable with a mining laser (i collected 333+ nividium from it) but i guess you can't put a niv mine on it... shame its the highest yeild one outside kark space, they have 60+ nivid asteriods in their space. as for the one you fly though in the missions i never got to scan that..

LordArconius
x3

Post by LordArconius » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 00:03

Hello All

I cant download the file. Bad link.

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 01:19

Check the 'Cycrow where are you' threads on the first page of this fourm.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”