[SCRIPT] Yaki Stations V2.21 UPDATE 01/11/07

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

What do you think

Finally, I can buy those Yaki Ships
75%
What's a Yaki?
19%
Why would I want any of THEIR things?
6%

Total votes: 68

mike_doyle
x3tc

Getting spacefly farm to work

Post by mike_doyle » Sun, 4. Nov 07, 01:01

I have added this script to my game, and the shipyard works - in that it sells me ships, and once my reputation with the Yaki is high enough, it sells me stations.

BUT the Spacefly farm, which I thought would make me a fortune in Split space seems to have no product!

Is it a problem with my installation ? Can it be fixed by scripting ?

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sun, 4. Nov 07, 14:23

I'll have to check and see. The AL scripts should be setting it up properly within 15 mins of it being deployed.

During that time, you can't complex it or the scripts won't be able to touch it.
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

Malakie
x4

Post by Malakie » Sun, 4. Nov 07, 18:06

Any chance it will ever work with XTM?

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sun, 4. Nov 07, 22:58

It's not a mod, just a set of AL scripts.

It SHOULD work with any Mod, cept those who rearrange the universe (as in removing sectors, or building a whole NEW universe thats missing a specific sector).
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

anneking

Mobile Pirate Station, loading stations onto it.

Post by anneking » Mon, 25. Feb 08, 11:32

Mobile Pirate Station....

Anyone know how to make this dockable or able to load up stations ?

Is there a script for transferring stations from a shipyard to a TL without needing to dock the TL ?

What’s interesting is that if you’ve just bought a mobile PB, so its still docked at the shipyard, and then have another TL dock at the shipyard (hired or owned by you) => you are then allowed to buy stations and load them onto the mobile PB. You can then deploy the stations as normal from the mobile PB.

So it half works. But how to make it fully workable, any ideas?

Davy Jones
x3tc

Post by Davy Jones » Mon, 25. Feb 08, 12:07

Mobile Pirate Station? What the hack is that? :gruebel:

Greetings

Davy Jones
Kampfrang: X-Treme
Komplexfan
Split-Sympathisant
Die Kha´ak-Invasion aus deren Sicht: Operation: Invasion!!!
XTM-Schiffs-Beschreibungen

Danya Turrel
x4

Post by Danya Turrel » Mon, 25. Feb 08, 14:42

:o :o :o

I want one!

Where did you see it?

parameter
x3tc

Re: Mobile Pirate Station, loading stations onto it.

Post by parameter » Mon, 25. Feb 08, 14:44

anneking wrote:Mobile Pirate Station....
Anyone know how to make this dockable or able to load up stations ?
Erm? Is this XTM by the way :?
veneratio supernus omni

anneking

Post by anneking » Mon, 25. Feb 08, 15:38

Now available at the Yaki shipyard in Senators Badlands :)

Yaki stations script.

Same ship used by the pirates as a pirate base.

180m/s 8x125MJ no weapons 44,000 units ST + 15 fighters. A bargain at 5.2Mil cr or it would be if you could dock the damn thing and load up some stations

parameter
x3tc

Good grief! Not XTM!!!

Post by parameter » Mon, 25. Feb 08, 15:47

anneking wrote:Now available at the Yaki shipyard in Senators Badlands :)
Yaki stations script.
Same ship used by the pirates as a pirate base.
180m/s 8x125MJ no weapons 44,000 units ST + 15 fighters. A bargain at 5.2Mil cr or it would be if you could dock the damn thing and load up some stations
Is this a third party script by Cycrow et al? If so, I cannot see it in the Script list. Rats! Typical! Something interesting and I don't have it...

:lol:
veneratio supernus omni

anneking

Post by anneking » Mon, 25. Feb 08, 15:56

Its listed in the community scripts right on page 1.

=> Yaki Stations by jakesnake5

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=159777

parameter
x3tc

Jakesnake special

Post by parameter » Mon, 25. Feb 08, 16:22

Grrr! I was looking everywhere, or so I thought! My sight must be getting worse by the tazura..
:o
Arrgghhhh! Bastu! I even speak like that in real life...!

:lol:

Thanks for the quick response! You took only took a few mizura's...

:roll:
veneratio supernus omni

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 25. Feb 08, 16:58

Please ask Scripting and Modding related questions in the appropriate forum...moving.

Edit LV

and post it in the thread you got the script from

Posting Rules for Scripts and Modding Forum

anneking

Post by anneking » Tue, 26. Feb 08, 11:30

Yes. The scripting forum seems more sensible.

But it was a general question about the mobile pirate station aka pirate base.

The Yaki station script includes this item but then do other scripts, its just one of the ships available from the ships menu, I was just quoting this script as reference and has little to do with the question asked.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Tue, 26. Feb 08, 15:28

In order for the 'mobile pirate base' (aka Pirate TL) to be fully functional, including docking at SY/EQD/HQ ability, you'd need to modify the ships definition in TShips to use the correct TL definition.

There is 2 TL definitions. One is a nomal station packing TL, and the other, is for the story mission TLs that you wouldn't normally get to fly. Like the Don's ship, and the MPB.

Would also be necessary to change a few other things to get the weapons to function, as well.
[ external image ]

anneking

Post by anneking » Tue, 26. Feb 08, 21:48

Jakesnake5 wrote:In order for the 'mobile pirate base' (aka Pirate TL) to be fully functional, including docking at SY/EQD/HQ ability, you'd need to modify the ships definition in TShips to use the correct TL definition.
Sounds simple. Bet its not. Is it possible, do you know how to do it? or maybe Cycrow can advise.

My Khaak invader script idea is nearly complete, the one big hole is the pirate TL. Arming it is not required, just dock and load stations (at the Marauder). Its my personal ship on Khaak start, fast, fab, great price. People would go nuts for this ship if they knew about it.

Buying a race TL would be spoil the party.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Wed, 27. Feb 08, 01:18

Doing it is a bit complicated, but not terribly so.

You'd need DoubleShadows X3 Mod Manager and Editor to start with.

Next, you need to find the latest version of TShips. If you're running a Mod (selected from start screen) that alters/adds ships, it'll be in the 'mods' folder.

If not, it will USUALLY be file 09.cat/dat in the game root directory. Do note, that if you are using a mod that opporates as a false patch like XTM, the last patch file (usually 11.cat/dat) will have the necessary TShips file.

Now, run the X3 Editor, select 'TXT Editor', and open the appropriate mod/false patch file, and find the 'types\TShips.xxx' file and select it. When it opens, you'll be editing an in-memory copy of TShips.txt.

In the window on the left, you'll see a list of ships that are in the game.

There are actually TWO entries for Mobile Pirate Base. They are, however, exactly the same, but it's difficult to pick which in the game SE without help, so you need to change the class for both just to be sure. :D

The easiest way to find BOTH entries, is to switch the list to 'ID' mode, then check the 'Sorted' box. This will sort the list by the ship ID. Scroll down till you find the entries 'SS_SH_TL_P' and 'SS_SH_TL_P2'.

Left click on one. The display on the right will switch to the first page of the ships stats. The item you need to change is 'Class'. Currently, it will show 'TL (8)'.

Double click on the class, and a pop up will open. Click the arrow to the right of the selection window, and the dropdown of eligibal classes will roll out. The currently sellected TL class will be at the top. Scroll down till you see the other TL entry, then select it. Hit OK

The Class of the ship should now read 'TL (0)'. This is the same class as all the other race TL's use.

Change the other entry as well.

Click the Save button at the top, click save in the dialog, and overwrite.

If all goes well, things won't crash. Once you run the game, the MPB's should now be able to DOCK and drop stations like normal TL's.

I don't recommend changing the TShips in the official 09.cat/dat files, if that's your only choice. You can use Mod Manager to extract the file, make a new patch file (10.cat/dat usually) and then add the file (make sure the path is types). Just in case something screws up and you don't bugger you game.

Alternately, you can make a copy of the 09.cat/dat files, just in case.
[ external image ]

anneking

Post by anneking » Wed, 27. Feb 08, 12:47

Brilliant. Simple too. How do you learn this stuff!!! Worked perfectly.

I guess I’ll need to release my script as a mod, which is probably why you didn’t add it to your Yaki stations script (?).

As for restocking the EQ with khaak missiles and lasers, I think I’ll skip the AL plugin, get the players to use the usual trick of selling stuff to the EQ, then buying multiple copies at the shipyard, nice and simple eh. I like simple things.

Many Thanks!

mevko
xr

Post by mevko » Mon, 31. May 10, 16:59

IS this download link dead.

mevko
xr

Post by mevko » Mon, 31. May 10, 17:50

sorry got it to work it seems firefox dosent open the download link. i used opera.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”