[SCRIPT] Remote Docked Freight Transfer V3.07 now available - 2007/04/13

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

B-O'F
x3tc

Post by B-O'F » Fri, 6. Apr 07, 22:18

Hi Graxster,

You had that error a long time ago (was it version 2 ?), and as far as I am aware it is fixed - took a bit of getting round an Egosoft bug. I haven't seen the problem in my game with the newer versions, and it has not been reported in the newer versions.

I think you really ought to update to the current version, as there have been quite a few changes.. you can also let me know if you still have a problem (with the shields ) .........

Also, this version is more versatile.

Boron - Ol Fh'art
Public Service announcement

Growing old is not a disease - it is a delayed symptom of birth trauma.

halo112358
x3

Post by halo112358 » Sat, 7. Apr 07, 03:08

B-O'F wrote: This script package has been out for a few months, and I know that some people are using it (over 2,000 views) - don't you have any complaints??
No ;) ...it works like a champ so far.
*** modified ***

[ external image ]

B-O'F
x3tc

Post by B-O'F » Sat, 7. Apr 07, 13:44

Hi halo112358,

You're only saying that because it's true.....

As I said in my PM to you - thank you very much for the greying out script. I had tried to work it out earlier, but could not get it to work - mainly because I was approaching it from the wrong angle.

@Graxster
Checked back with previous versions - your problem was solved in 2.01, which was never officially released because my ISP denied me any internet access for 10 weeks - starting on the day I tried to upload 2.01... I used the 10 weeks to write version 3...

@ all
Enjoy the script package, use it as you wish - there are parts that will help some script writers, so use them to save you time (at least change the name).

Boron - Ol Fh'art

neumanf15
x3

Post by neumanf15 » Sat, 7. Apr 07, 14:44

B-O'F,
No. No real complaints. It's still an awesome script.

B-O'F
x3tc

Post by B-O'F » Sat, 7. Apr 07, 14:53

Hi neumanf15,

No real complaints ? - virtual ones then ?? (apart from the incoming question interface, which I can't change)..

I am glad that you find the script useful.. but awesome is a bit strong....

Boron - Ol Fh'art

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Sun, 8. Apr 07, 07:45

Yep, my version is ooooold. :)

I'd like to try out this new version later today, as I actually need it right this minute to transfer a bunch of stuff, but I'm going to sleep for a bit. Looking at the zip file though, I'm a bit confused. It has both an .spk and what looks to be a manual installation mixed together, and there's no installation instructions. Can I just extract the .spk and use the Script Installer, or do I need everything in there?

-G

B-O'F
x3tc

Post by B-O'F » Sun, 8. Apr 07, 11:48

Hi Graxster,

You only need to install the .spk version - if that is what you use. I suggest that you uninstall the old version first - this is not strictly needed, but will make sure that there are no old, unused files around.

All commands are not case sensitive, but are shown here in uppercase.

If you are transferring a load of stuff - presumably from your captured ships - then the new version will also transfer Cargo bay extensions, Engine tunings, and Rudder Optimisations - but only to the maximum that the receiving ship can take. If you consider this an exploit, then type in LIMITED as the first command - this will stop such transfers from now on, you do not need to enter it ever again. If you then want to change back, you enter NORMAL as the command.

The most useful command for captured ships is SCRAP - then you can select the ship you want to receive all the goodies.

The package has the .spk version and all the scripts, t-file, help, and readme - this is so:-
- those that use only .spk versions can install it easily
- those that like to control the files can install it easily (folders are 'copy to scripts' and 'copy to t-file')
- those that want to just look through the scripts without installing them can do so easily.

As this is a more versatile version than the previous one, you can get instructions by typing in HELP at the command entry.

Try it, I hope that you find it of use, if you don't like it, then you can always remove it and go back to old faithful.

Boron - Ol Fh'art

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Sun, 8. Apr 07, 19:30

Well, I must admit that the commands can be a bit confusing in this new version. Trying to remember all the shortcut abbreviations is out of the question. However, this new version is sweet! I had my Iguana pick up 17 25 mj shields from a factory and had him use his jumpdrive to dock at a shipyard where I had parked a Dolphin Freighter I had captured. Selected RDFT from the Iguana's command console, typed in the number 4 (the number of 25mj shields the Dolphin needed), and got the incoming message to choose which item to transfer, and viola! Shields were transferred and installed without a problem. This script is going to save alot of time jumping around the universe to transfer items. Thanks![ external image ]

-G

B-O'F
x3tc

Post by B-O'F » Sun, 8. Apr 07, 20:29

Hi Graxster,

Glad you like it.

As I said, it is more versatile (read complicated ??). You don't have to remember all the commands, just enter the number of shields (for instance) that you wish to transfer, then select the type and receiving ship from the incoming question. When (if - depends how often you use it) you get used to the commands, then you can enter something like '20 S SID' to transfer 20 shields to the same ship as last time....

I must admit, I am pleased with the script myself - apart from the limitations of the incoming question... oh for a good user interface.

Boron - Ol Fh'art

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Wed, 11. Apr 07, 08:11

B-O'F wrote: This script package has been out for a few months, and I know that some people are using it (over 2,000 views) - don't you have any complaints??
Well... I absolutely love it! This script has made it into my Top 3 "must have" scripts. However, if you're looking for something to play around with, I found the following problem (tested it twice):

Here is an example:

Ship A = 50 cargo extensions
Ship B = some (say.. 20 short of max)
Ship C = some but not max

Transfer Upgrade Cargo Bay Extension from Ship A to Ship B (using "transfer all that the ship will take"), you get the message "20 cargo bay extension transferred to Ship B: NOT transferred - 30 cargo bay extension". Now Transfer Upgrade Cargo Bay Extension from Ship A to Ship C and you get: "Transferred from Ship A to Ship B = (nothing)".

Not a big deal, but somehow once you transfer some of the extensions, the rest are still there, but non-transferrable. I haven't tested it with rudder or speed upgrades yet.

-G

B-O'F
x3tc

Post by B-O'F » Wed, 11. Apr 07, 16:29

Hi Graxster,

Glad you like the new version, it is pretty powerful and useful....

I have tried, but cannot reproduce your problem - but I did find another bug (If only one upgrade was on the ship, it was not being transferred - I will release a fixed version when I have sorted out this bug of yours).

I had three Pirate Falcons hanging around, so set them up as:
A - +50 Cargbay
B - + 230
C - + 20
Also added Cargo Lifesupport System to each to get the Upgrade pick menu.

From A - entered 'U'
Selected 'All that the other ship can take' from the upgrade selection
Selected 'B' as the receiving ship.

Got message:-
Transferred from A to B
20 - Cargobay extensions

NOT transferred
1 - Cargobay Lifesupport system
30 - Cargobay extensions

The 30 extensions transferred correctly to C when selected.

I even tried selecting both 'Cargo bay extensions' and 'All that the other ship can take' from the upgrade pick list.

It also worked correctly with the SCRAP command

This is all as expected.. but is not what you are reporting.

So, what ship type did you have problems with, and what other wares (goods and upgrades) were on each, as it might have a bearing on your problem.

With this information I can try to reproduce (and fix) the problem.

Boron - Ol Fh'art

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Fri, 13. Apr 07, 00:04

Can't recall what ship types I used, other than they were NPC captured. However, what I did was a little different from what you did. You had all 3 docked and chose which to get what. What I did was to dock 2 ships, transfer the cargo bay upgrades, then have the ship that still had some left on it fly to a different station and dock, and transfer to a different ship. Maybe the act of going through gates and re-docking did something?

I don't believe they had any other wares. Maybe I originally transferred cargo and speed/rudder, then only cargo with the second ship.

-G

B-O'F
x3tc

Post by B-O'F » Fri, 13. Apr 07, 01:06

Hi Graxster,

Not a lot for me to work with... at the moment I can't see how this could happen. I am not saying that it didn't happen, just that I can't see how it could...

Anyway, I will think about it a bit more.... and try a few more ships.. and things..

Thank you,

Boron - Ol Fh'art

B-O'F
x3tc

Post by B-O'F » Fri, 13. Apr 07, 16:26

Hi,

I have not yet been able to reproduce the problem reported above by Graxster - but I did find a couple of other errors, they might have an impact on the reported problem..

The errors I found (and fixed in v3.07) were:-

- If a ship had just one upgrade (happened to be Cargo bay extensions in my tests), then it was not being transferred with the 'U' command.

- Cargo bay extensions were being transferred even if they were in use ('U' and 'SCRAP' commands).

Now, if you transfer Cargo bay extensions, and some of them are in use, they will not be transferred. They will not be listed as being NOT transferred, as they are not considered to be available for transfer.

So if you use the 'U' or 'SCRAP' commands, check that all cargo bay extensions have been transferred. If not, just enter the command 'U SID' or 'SCRAP SID' to try the transfer again - after checking the ware(s) left (if any) are not using the extra cargo space.

Sorry for these errors,

Boron - Ol Fh'art

halo112358
x3

Post by halo112358 » Sat, 14. Apr 07, 02:00

Quick question - does this work for ships docked on a carrier? It seems like it would be useful to instruct the carrier to "transfer 50 mass driver ammo to each docked m3" or similar ;)

Going the other way would be nice, dock a captured M3 on your TL and SCRAP all of the equipment into the cargo hold :D
*** modified ***

[ external image ]

B-O'F
x3tc

Post by B-O'F » Sat, 14. Apr 07, 11:36

Hi halo112358,

The answer is yes and no...

This will work perfectly well between ships docked at a carrier or TL, but not from or to the carrier itself.

To transfer the MD ammo, you would have to put the required amount into one ship using standard freight transfer, then use the "50 M3" command on that ship, selecting MD ammo from the pick list. The ammo would then be distributed.

SCRAP to TL or carrier will not work, but the standard freight transfer will work with all wares and fittings - except Cargo bay extensions, Engine tunings, and Rudder Optimisation - these could be transferred via the SCRAP command to a special ship kept for this purpose.. Putting them on the TL/carrier would not work for Cargo bay extensions, for example.

Your question raises the possibility of a future 'improvement' - but I will have to think of a way to handle those three special exceptions - possibly a special Cargo, Engine, Rudder store.... no promises though - depends on demand and how difficult it is to implement.. might have a few ideas already...

Enjoy,
Boron - Ol Fh'art

angrysquirrel
x3

Post by angrysquirrel » Wed, 4. Jul 07, 19:29

thanks for providing this very useful script!!!

B-O'F
x3tc

Post by B-O'F » Thu, 5. Jul 07, 00:11

Hi angrysuirrel,

Thank you for letting me know that you like it!....

That's .... what ? about nine happy people (apart from me, of course)...

Boron - Ol Fh'art

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Thu, 5. Jul 07, 00:42

make that 10 :D i also very much enjoy your scripts after discovering them. by the way would it be possible to update the .spk's you have? with crycrow's new xscript installer coming out they will not install due to the scripts being compressed in the old format and he said he was not going to support due to added time and overhead it would cost to add that function back in

B-O'F
x3tc

Post by B-O'F » Thu, 5. Jul 07, 10:45

Hi draffutt,

Welcome number 10..

When the new installer is fully available, I will update the script packaging - as I believe many other scripters will.

Boron - Ol Fh'art

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”