[SHIPS] Ships in XSP format

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 31. Oct 06, 21:33

i've not actually balanced the ships based on stats from the various films.

they are using the same stats that DeadlyDa used in the mod

Diablos
x3tc

Post by Diablos » Thu, 2. Nov 06, 18:14

Is it possible to remove the cockpits on some of te xsp ships on the xplugin manager site?

I have looked in the cockpits tab of the ship creator/installerbut there is no info present in it.

any idea how to get rid of them or are they hard coded into the model?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 2. Nov 06, 18:29

the cockpits tab desplays the turret cockpits which has the scene and weapons you can mount on them, you can only add and remove entries from there. You can customize them in the Customize Ship dialog if you goto the turrets tab.

for the Main cockpit, you need to change the cockpit scene in the scene tab.

Starting-Now
x3

Post by Starting-Now » Thu, 2. Nov 06, 19:42

Cycrow,

I just wanna say your ship installer and script installer has completely changed this game for me (in a good way)

so as a new guy to the forums and to X in general thanks very much from an X3 noob.

Starting-Now

jackleonfraust
x3

Post by jackleonfraust » Thu, 2. Nov 06, 23:33

Cycrow wrote:which other ships ?
Super Star destroyer
glorious heritage andromida
Whitestar
Bluestar

just ones i noteced, don't know if tenesin's work or not.
(still waiting on the cable guy)

you know all those jokes about waiting for the cable guy?
this time it's true.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 2. Nov 06, 23:42

most of those are XFP ships i beleive, these are being created by Cutty eventually so working ones should be available sometime, and possible released with a new version of XFP.

I think theres a few other ships in the MegaMod on the german site, which i will get round to converting sometime

Cutty
x3

Post by Cutty » Fri, 3. Nov 06, 00:09

The ship files are in the hands of the XFP Mod Admins (Saint-Ashley I know has them). Not sure when they will be published, I believe they want them to be well tested before being made public.

-Cutty

Schultski

Post by Schultski » Fri, 3. Nov 06, 08:45

Do you take requests? If you do then I request some ships, but If do not then that us just OK for you...

Here the requests...
- Ships from some Independence War 2
- Ships from some Homeworld 2

That's all. I try to make them and I'm now working on them, but lacking of ships data and specifications. So I would like to know how you design them.

Don't take them of you don not wish to do it! Just tell me here.
[=] Matsu-Taka [=]
Matsuhiko Takagawa / Schultski Rheindland

Know how to best the X-Universe by one shot?
Push the little 'REBOOT' button on your PC, that should do it...
Try it... it works for me... believe it... it works...

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 3. Nov 06, 14:08

Schultski wrote:Do you take requests? If you do then I request some ships, but If do not then that us just OK for you...
No, coz im not a ship modeller ;)

all the ships on my site were made by other ppl

Commander Zane
x3tc

Post by Commander Zane » Fri, 10. Nov 06, 23:58

If I was able to play X3 at this moment, I'd be having an absolute blast with these ships.
However, I do have some questions about some of these. Mainly with the Babylon 5 ships.
If there has been any updates to them, you can inform me of it. But based on the screenshots shown on the site, there is a large amount of things I've noticed about some of them.

The Centauri Vorchan War Cruiser, is missing the verticle wings.
The Narn Frazi Heavy Fighter does not even look like the way it does on the screenshot, nor is it purple.
It might be the angle of the screenshot, but the Shadow Spitfire looks strange, plus, the Spitfire does not fire a beam, but it quite literally "spits" an energy projectile.
The Thunderbolt Starfury is missing the airfoils on the engine nacelles.
The Primus Battlecruiser is missing the long "tail" on the aft section.
The Vorlon Heavy Cruiser does not fire individual beams from the arms, but I suppose the game engine wouldn't allow it to work like it does on the show.
And the colors on most of the ships seem to be off, but then again, that might be from the lighting caused by the stars, or rather the reflections.

Other than those, I'd really love to fly them, epecially the Centauri Rutarian Fighter, the Thunderbolt Starfury, the Narn Gorith Raider, and the Vorlon Heavy Cruiser, not to mention the Stargate F-302, the Battlestar Viper Mk II, and the Wing Commander Dralthi Mk III, they're absolutely amazing.
And like I said, if there has been any updates since the current shots, just tell me, I'm giving some advice to make them look as accurate as possible.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 11. Nov 06, 00:15

well like i said, i didn't actually make the models, just made them available in XSP files.

Most of those were made by Balogt.
i was actually debating weather to include the Vorchan coz it looks abit off without the vertical wings.

the Frazi is actually like a normal frazi thats been stretched, the basic design is the same if you look carefully enough, its just way to wide.

for the Spitfire, i couldn't get a decent screenshot of it, but in game it looks quite simlar, other than the solid black texture. As the real spitfire is kind of black and grey almost alive skin. I put a beam weapon on it in line with the other shadow ships, but without custom wepaons, there isn't anything close. Maybe 4 PPC's might have worked if they were close.

the vorlons weapons really arn't in the right place thou, something i might look into at some point.

as for the actual colours, thats down to the textures, most of the ships use standard X3 textures, so they dont match the correct colours, as well as sbeing effected by what evers in the sector.

but as im not a moddeller, any changes would have to be done by someone else

Commander Zane
x3tc

Post by Commander Zane » Sat, 11. Nov 06, 00:54

This was a double post.
Please delete.
Last edited by Commander Zane on Mon, 13. Nov 06, 05:52, edited 1 time in total.

drbachbanson
x3

Post by drbachbanson » Sat, 11. Nov 06, 09:45

when i try to install the terran m3,m4,m5 when i go to play the game they do not have any textures not even shape they are invinsible this happens and to some other non carrier ships can anyone help me :(

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Sat, 11. Nov 06, 12:56

drbachbanson wrote:when i try to install the terran m3,m4,m5 when i go to play the game they do not have any textures not even shape they are invinsible this happens and to some other non carrier ships can anyone help me :(
Des-install and re-install again...

drbachbanson
x3

Post by drbachbanson » Sat, 11. Nov 06, 15:14

i did that and tried and those ships from both cycrow and tensis but nothing happens

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Sat, 11. Nov 06, 16:41

drbachbanson wrote:i did that and tried and those ships from both cycrow and tensis but nothing happens
Save game, des install, save, re-install...

TeveT
x3

Post by TeveT » Sat, 11. Nov 06, 23:47

I guess this have been asked before but as I am new and didn´t find anything on the forum I guess I will ask here.

anyone got and/or know if there is a 'Slave 1' ship out there for X3?

I think there is every other Star Wars ship except the 'Slave 1' (Boba Fetts first ship that he got from his father Jango Fett for those who don´t know)

it´s supposed to be a 'Firespray-Class Patrol and Attack' ship.

Commander Zane
x3tc

Post by Commander Zane » Mon, 13. Nov 06, 05:50

Cycrow wrote:well like i said, i didn't actually make the models, just made them available in XSP files.

Most of those were made by Balogt.
i was actually debating weather to include the Vorchan coz it looks abit off without the vertical wings.

the Frazi is actually like a normal frazi thats been stretched, the basic design is the same if you look carefully enough, its just way to wide.

for the Spitfire, i couldn't get a decent screenshot of it, but in game it looks quite simlar, other than the solid black texture. As the real spitfire is kind of black and grey almost alive skin. I put a beam weapon on it in line with the other shadow ships, but without custom wepaons, there isn't anything close. Maybe 4 PPC's might have worked if they were close.

the vorlons weapons really arn't in the right place thou, something i might look into at some point.

as for the actual colours, thats down to the textures, most of the ships use standard X3 textures, so they dont match the correct colours, as well as sbeing effected by what evers in the sector.

but as im not a moddeller, any changes would have to be done by someone else
Ah, I see.

bp2019

Post by bp2019 » Thu, 7. Dec 06, 06:42

are there any terran ships with UN ALTERED weapons?
Or at least available to use their original weapons aswell...

Computertech

Post by Computertech » Thu, 7. Dec 06, 07:07

Any way to get the versions of the ships and their loadout in weapons and shields?

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”