[SCRIPT] Weapons Changer v2.50 [Updated 15/07/07]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Mon, 4. Jun 07, 23:09

No but there already is a script that does that.
Allows you to save several turret software configurations.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

cloppy007

Post by cloppy007 » Wed, 6. Jun 07, 08:04

I think it would fit better for me that this script could do that, because using 2 commands for switching to antifighter mode is... a bit complex (I'm feeling lazy today).

ScorpiusX
x4

Post by ScorpiusX » Sat, 9. Jun 07, 19:46

Nice work Bunny, I'm really liking this script.

Erm there is just one thing though. The pictures of the weapons (where you'd normally change weapons) aren't changing when I cycle through weapons, they're showing the last weapons installed when i set the script up, in this case PSGs. Is there anything you can do about this (or have I messed up somehow)? EDIT never mind the piccy changes if I swap turrets using that little arrow thingy instead of F1

Thx ScorpiusX

Ps Bunny thankyou also for the remove rocks script, thats made playing the game in areas like Ore Belt possible for me now :D
ScorpiusX Corp company motto:

"We don't want to rule the Galaxy"
"We just want to own it!"

cloppy007

Post by cloppy007 » Sat, 9. Jun 07, 21:15

I think he's aware of that.

Bunny
x3ap

Post by Bunny » Tue, 26. Jun 07, 00:16

Yeap, the weapon display update bug is something beyond script control.

Anyway - testing of the upgraded weapons changer is almost complete:

we have
- Improved hotkey programming of weapon configurations (less fiddly)

- Ship name weapon config label no longer gets added multiple times. It is also possible to rename the ship while the weapon changer is operating

- Two causes of script failing to respond identified and fixed (setting 11 was putting hotkey cycling to sleep and also a hotkey would not start the script it had already stopped)

- Automatic IS/OOS swapping would not work if OOS setting D was not programmed (now it is done by default - player has to modify as desired)

- "Clone settings to identical ships" function added and is now being tested. This means you can program the settings on one ship (say a nova) and then transfer this information to all other ships in the sector. This makes a fairly big difference if you have 50 ships to program by hand.

Should be out by this weekend

Cheers

Bunny

[EDIT] Clone feature now working

Bunny
x3ap

Post by Bunny » Sun, 15. Jul 07, 10:42

Famous last words...

Version 2.50 is out

Cheers

Bunny

BoomerM6
x3tc

Post by BoomerM6 » Wed, 17. Oct 07, 23:23

Hello,

First thank you very much Bunny for that script, i love it!
It's a first need into a game like this.

I THINK I NEED SOME HELP about your cloning command feature becose it's not working for me.

Can you defin how it's work?
How do setup weapons changer on multiple ships?
If the ships are identical then the clone feature can be used. Program the weapons changer on one of the ships and then run input mode 12 to broadcast this information to all other identical ships in the sector.
I have 2 Sohnen (m7) with the same number of weapon in the same sector and when i tryed to go weapon changer/12 it does nothing.
The first time i lost my configuration for the first ship, the second time no but it does nothing.

Can you define how to use it clearly?
Thank you!

[CMA]Radon
x3

Post by [CMA]Radon » Wed, 17. Oct 07, 23:37

I have been meaning to post this for a while, so I'll let you know my (similar) problem, too.

I have found that with v2.5, the script does not work with turrets. I think (can't quite remember now) I tried using it on an M3 rear turret also, but it did not work. It does work with M3 front turrets, no problem.

However, I got my Split Python finally, and filled it up with the weapons I want, and had the same response as BoomerM6.... nothing.

So in desperation (I really want those flak's working alongside my PPCs) I reverted to v2.01, and the turrets work fine.

Make what you will of this!!! :D

Bunny
x3ap

Post by Bunny » Thu, 18. Oct 07, 01:05

Did you program it using hotkey or modes 4,5 & 6?

I'll look into it

BTW - check the log to see what messages it is sending.

[CMA]Radon
x3

Post by [CMA]Radon » Fri, 19. Oct 07, 00:10

Bunny wrote:Did you program it using hotkey or modes 4,5 & 6?
I tried using both.
Bunny wrote:BTW - check the log to see what messages it is sending.
Gah! I forgot to tell you that. I start the script on the capital ship (m2) and up to about a minute later, the log tells me it has stopped. So I get a message saying it has started, and then that it has stopped.

Re. the turrets of m3's, I'll check whether or not that works and get back to you.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”