[SCR] [v1.7.3] [04/27/2012] MK3 Improvement Reloaded

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

apogee
x3tc

Post by apogee » Wed, 6. Sep 06, 10:20

moggy2 wrote:The official fix is this file which will replace the affected files with the last stable version.
This one is signed and does not require the script editor to be active.
I used this version to regress my file, and according to that the scripts are signed!

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Wed, 6. Sep 06, 11:07

the official fix returns the mk3 to pre bp status (as delivered in 1.4.03). so if your traders worked before intalling the bp with that fix they should do after, too.

I can't tell you more about that fix because I didn't make it. ask moggy2 or lucike - think he built it.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 6. Sep 06, 11:09

gnasirator, are your scripts in the same format as the Ego ones ? ie. same extension ?

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Wed, 6. Sep 06, 11:19

yes they are.

unpacked scripts (like they have to be for editing) have the extension .xml.

egosoft delivers them in a packed version with the extension .pck.
x3 can read both of them. But if you have a .xml and a .pck version of a script x3 always loads the .pck one.

and if you edit a .pck version ingame via the SE it decompresses the .pck and creates a new .xml file which contains the edited stuff - but leaves the .pck file in the scripts folder. so after restarting x3 it would again load the older .pck file which is not intended.

so I deliver my scripts in the .pck format like egosoft does.
and in version 1.28 I forgot to pack my script files into that format what might cause the said errors.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 6. Sep 06, 11:33

gnasirator wrote:so I deliver my scripts in the .pck format like egosoft does.and in version 1.28 I forgot to pack my script files into that format what might cause the said errors.
Thats what I thought.

How do you get them into .pck format ?

I have a version of the current UT script that allows M6 to be ST and UT. Having to get people to delete the .pck is a pain, I'd rather have it replace the existing file.

When yours is complete, will you allow a modification to allow M6 and M3 to be ST and UT ? Theres a small but growing group of people who like using M6's as a Heavy Transport, vanilla and modded. And theres been a few requests to allow M3's to as well. Personally, I find the Falcon is a good freighter and it would be nice to allow it to ST and UT. (I think M3 can ST, but not UT). Personally, I think all ships should be able to be used as a UT, if the player wants and they can load a jumpdrive. But then, if its a balance issue, everyone knows my psoition on that :)

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Wed, 6. Sep 06, 11:38

hmmm that would be only a minor change to one script. so sure why not.

but i doubt the use of e.g. an m3 universe trading - at least with jumpdrive onboard. because then it would fly so much fuel around that there isn't anymore space for trading.

and m6 - sure they at least have got > 1k cargo bays. I'll see what I can do about that stuff...

ah and I use the X2 Modder 0.2 to de-/recompress pck files.
Last edited by gnasirator on Wed, 6. Sep 06, 11:45, edited 1 time in total.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Wed, 6. Sep 06, 11:40

[quote="apricotslice
......When yours is complete, will you allow a modification to allow M6 and M3 to be ST and UT ?.......
[/quote]

I'm probably too tired and hence talking zilch here but I swear that some of my UT's are M6 class.

Gnasirator: Super job, you are fast man! Downloaded and installed 1.29. Will report back if necessary.

Cheers Euclid

WBKingpin1
x3tc

Post by WBKingpin1 » Wed, 6. Sep 06, 11:43

Hi all,

It sure would be great with a M6 ST and UT :)

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Wed, 6. Sep 06, 11:48

erm yes just looked into it.

as far as I can tell EVERY ship having at least one 25MJ, fight software mk1 & 2 and is not the playership is able to do sector and universe trading.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Wed, 6. Sep 06, 11:50

gnasirator wrote:erm yes just looked into it.

as far as I can tell EVERY ship having at least one 25MJ, fight software mk1 & 2 and is not the playership is able to do sector and universe trading.
Phew ! I'm glad to read that - so I'm not overtired....back to X3 then :grin:

Cheers Euclid

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 6. Sep 06, 11:54

gnasirator wrote:but i doubt the use of e.g. an m3 universe trading - at least with jumpdrive onboard. because then it would fly so much fuel around that there isn't anymore space for trading.and m6 - sure they at least have got > 1k cargo bays. I'll see what I can do about that stuff...ah and I use the X2 Modder 0.2 to de-/recompress pck files.
Thanks, have downloaded. I didnt do any modding in X2 days, so missed that one.

Adding cargo bay to an M3 is an easy mod to make, so I wouldnt be surprised if plenty of people do it. Likewise the M6.
euclid wrote:I'm probably too tired and hence talking zilch here but I swear that some of my UT's are M6 class.
Only if your using my version of the script :)
Or someone changed the original in 1.4 and I didnt notice.

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Wed, 6. Sep 06, 11:55

hehe have fun! :D

I'll return to working on my stats script .... these goddamn 2d arrays suck alot... okay not the arrays suck but the few commands given by x3 to handle them :roll:

edit: oh I have to correct myself. I've been looking at the wrong place. But I'll add that MK3 for ervery ship feature.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 6. Sep 06, 12:07

gnasirator wrote:edit: oh I have to correct myself. I've been looking at the wrong place. But I'll add that MK3 for ervery ship feature.
Thankyou :)

When its finished, I'll mirror for you, as I have a steady download on my version now. All I have to do is rename the file and upload it on my webspace. Changing the documentation for the download site will be a pleasure :)

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Wed, 6. Sep 06, 12:11

hm yep just done that.

works ST and UT now works for m3, m4, goner, m6, m2, m1, TL, TS, TP.

think that should be enough.

can TL/M2/M1 ships dock at stations? I've never had anything > m6 in x3 yet. :D
if yes .... hmm maybe that is overpowered ....

ah and thanks for the offer I'll use your mirror gladly.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 6. Sep 06, 12:15

gnasirator wrote:can TL/M2/M1 ships dock at stations? I've never had anything > m6 in x3 yet.
Only shipyards, but they do access equipment dock there as well. So in theory, they should be able to UT with EQ goods. Someone may want to test that.

M2 UT high tech trader :) Now thats taking freighter self-protection to an extreme but if the player wants one, I say give it to them :)

WBKingpin1
x3tc

Post by WBKingpin1 » Wed, 6. Sep 06, 12:18

gnasirator wrote:
erm yes just looked into it.

Yes that is true

However the commands for ST and UT will not show up in trade menu for M6 and other non vanilla classes of ST and UT ships ect.
Unless the script "setup.plugin.autotrade" is changed to have them setup as set classes of UT or ST ship so it appears in their respective trade menu

Unless this has already been changed with the updates that gnasirator has kindly done to make this script better

Edit: Ok thanks seen it has been sorted. :)
Last edited by WBKingpin1 on Wed, 6. Sep 06, 12:25, edited 1 time in total.

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Wed, 6. Sep 06, 12:24

@apricotslice: yepp those were my thoughts, too.

but all those big ships can't dock at factories. and trading from equipment dock to equipment dock is forbidden in mk3 as it's no use (no profit!).

And TS ships un-/loading the big ships automatically are way too complex for my taste. ain't no use anyway because after the first ship bought ware from factory the sell price increases .....

@WBKingpin1:

yep I've just found what you mean. Changed it so that all ships up to m6 can use mk3. okay m4/m5 cannot UT as they don't get enough shield strength.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 6. Sep 06, 17:10

[OT]Hmmm, a person able to 'optimize' a part of the "standard" game, and yet interact with the end-users ... Design decisions, balance, NDA, ... [/OT]

Fighters are not likely to ever have enough fuel onboard, so they will end up flying the hard way. Teladi Falcon Hauler can haul any weapon, and every one of them in amounts sellable to EQdocks. But will run short on fuel sooner or later. So they may work as UT's somewhat, but the risks are higher. That seems balanced.

M6. Faster. Stronger. Moderate cargo bay and XL capasity. They can now dock everywhere, and their other use is limited (the darn Elephant). So they seem obvious UT ships. That seems balanced too.

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Wed, 6. Sep 06, 21:23

totally agreed.

but the cargo space really is not that huge .... I'll stay with my ''Split Kaiman" :)

edit:
can someone explain to me how to use 2d arrays best? mine just spits out crap².

would be really nice if someone could look into my stats script and tell me what's wrong in there ...

the first half of it runs fine but from line 45 on it's bugged. Some of the commands used are wrong, I know. But I already tried all other possibilities I could think of.

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Wed, 6. Sep 06, 22:17

first thing I noticed is the way you check an array is empty. X3's going to be throwing exceptions left right and center the way you're doing it.
If the size of the array = 0 then it's empty.

secondly, you could improve the efficiency of the script by rolling the first two while loops into one,( O(n²) -> O(n) )

lastly, I'm guessing your 2d arrays aren't working because you haven't defined them as arrays yet. ($stats.new = array alloc: size=<Var/Number>)

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”