[Bonus Plugin] Dockware Manager

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Tue, 26. Dec 06, 00:46

Ok. Thanks. I think I understand now. :)

tkalve
x3

Post by tkalve » Mon, 12. Feb 07, 16:42

I'm using Commercial Agents and Commodity Logistics software on my TS that have my HQ set as homebase. I'm using them to buy wares needed to manufactoure ships.

Problem is that I can't use the "Set ware storage space" to limit any wares to certain amounts. I set the limit but the Commercial Agents nor Commodity Logistics Pilot do not seem to obey the limit. They just keep buying and buying. The 'i' in the command console says that those are supposed to adhere to the limit but they do not.

What am I doing wrong and how can I fix this?

goaliejerry
x3

Post by goaliejerry » Sat, 21. Apr 07, 23:24

Per the above post, I am having the same problem. I want to set a limit on how much total space is allocated for a given ware at my HQ (to both build and repair ships.) I set the limits per the instructions, set my commodity logistics traders to deliver the necessary goods to the HQ, yet they just ignore the limits and fill up the entire station with the more widely available wares, with no regard to the "limit" I set.

WHAT IS THE POINT OF THIS MOD??????

goaliejerry
x3

Post by goaliejerry » Sun, 22. Apr 07, 21:09

Bump: Sorry to bump, but anyone have any idea about the functionality of this mod???

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 23. Apr 07, 09:53

For me, it does exactly what it says on the tin. I really need that "Remove ware" at times, and the limits I've set at HQ are obeyed perfectly.

goaliejerry
x3

Can you please elaborate

Post by goaliejerry » Wed, 25. Apr 07, 01:04

Ok, can you please elaborate on exactly how you set it up? Explain it like I'm a total noob, though I don't consider myself to be one.

I followed the directions as written and still my station gets filled. Here is what I am doing.

I use the "add ware" command, and add Crystals, for example. Prior to this there are no crystals on board my HQ.

I then use the "set dock ware space" command, or whatever its exact terminology is, select Crystals and type in "10000."

I have a commodity trader MKII set up to retrieve and unload a full hold of crystals at my HQ as one of its 20 or so way points.

I set my SETA, come back in a little while, and I have 16000+ crystals on my station, with no sign that any limit has been obeyed. What have I done wrong? How are you doing things differently?

Are only certain types of traders (ex. Station Commodity, Station Managed, Universe Trader, Commodity Log. MKI or MKII) bound by this setting? Is there any other place that has extended instructions or details on this?

Again, I do appreciate any and all help you may offer. Thank you for humoring me - without automating this process massive fleet construction will have to be very hands on and time consuming.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Wed, 25. Apr 07, 02:38

Like it says on page 1 - CLS and CAG will obey the limit, STs, UTs, and AI traders will not.

Most likely AI traders (or your UTs/STs if you have Trade with other races set to No) are filling up your station - you can manage that with careful price setting (or more scripts :)).

goaliejerry
x3

Figured it out

Post by goaliejerry » Wed, 25. Apr 07, 03:39

Thank you for the advice Carlo, but that actually wasn't my problem. I just figured it out.

In case anyone ever runs into the same problem I did, I will list what I was doing wrong and what I needed to do to fix it. There may be other solutions as well.

What I wanted: To automatically stock my HQ with the required materials to build and repair ships, setting a limit on wares so the station does not run out of room and thus stop ship production or repair.

What didn't work: Using an External Commodity Logistics (Commodity Logistics MKII) trader to stock the station. This trader ignored the caps I set. Apparently, when I programed my trader to 1st "load" a commodity at my factory, then "unload" said commodity at my HQ, it did just that - it unloaded it every time, without regard to the caps. In retrospect this is logical - it did exactly what was instructed, until the station was full, invariably filling up the station with excessive quantities of quickly produced wares, crowding out the more slowly produced wares.

The reason I initially thought that I had to use an External Comm. Trader is explained below - Commercial Agents and Internal Comm. Traders didn't work (until I realized I was missing an important piece of the puzzle - queuing up ships to be built or repaired.)

What does work:

1st - Add the necessary wares to the HQ, and set limits as needed/desired.

2nd - Queue up some ships to be repaired or built. This causes the HQ to list, under "Station Details," the "Production Resources" needed to do the job. That seems to be required to generate a need at the HQ, thus motivating the "Commercial Agent" to go out and fill it.

Without ships queued up to be built or repaired, I'd have my commercial agents opting to sell the very resources I was trying to stock pile! And I couldn't get Internal Commodity Logistics traders (Commodity Logistics MKI) to recognize my HQ as a consumer. Very frustrating.

3rd - Set up a trader with the HQ as homebase to be a "Commercial Agent." "Lock" all the resources that you DO NOT want the trader to deal with - i.e. set it so that it only deals with the resources used to build and repair ships.

4th - Obviously, make sure the HQ has the money and make sure the resources are withing jump range, etc. And presto, automated ship production without over filling the station.

Internal Commodity traders may work if ships are queued to be built, though as of now I have not tested that. But my current method works, and I'm a happy clam.

Thanks to those who helped. I'll shut up now :wink:

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Thu, 14. Jun 07, 14:51

Is there a maximum limit on the number of wares you can add?

I was setting up my new equipment dock for equipping ships from the HQ and adding lots of wares (like, every gun and shield, and a few missiles).

I think it was when I hit 30 or so wares that it refused to add any more. Thing is, even when I then removed a few it still wouldn't add more.

I could manually add them though (by transferring them from a docked ship).

I had a quick look at the code and couldn't see anything obvious.

ekaj254
x4

Post by ekaj254 » Mon, 8. Oct 07, 20:16

right now im using my hq just to builds ships, the only thing im storing there are the materials required for building ships, anything that i put there b4 i started doing this when i just used it for storage i used the remove ware command to remove all the unwanted items of the list, recently i stored a a station and a complex connection in the hq, now i cant remove it from the list, will a new version have this ability?

Darkaar

Post by Darkaar » Thu, 22. Nov 07, 11:31

Hello ! before I complain , this is a very beautiful script you've made, but plz can you make the number we put as a limit appear in the list of wares, like in equipment dock (ex= gamma photon : 2/2 ; where the limit is 2). please do that if you can, cause i have hundreds of items in my PHQ.
another thing even if it's out of context, please can you make the items in PHQ sorted somehow , like when you access the "details" they're all sorted well, but when you access "parametes" you become dizzy.
thanks in advance guys.

Karlfrans
x3tc

Post by Karlfrans » Fri, 18. Apr 08, 21:01

goaliejerry wrote: What does work:

1st - Add the necessary wares to the HQ, and set limits as needed/desired.

2nd - Queue up some ships to be repaired or built. This causes the HQ to list, under "Station Details," the "Production Resources" needed to do the job. That seems to be required to generate a need at the HQ, thus motivating the "Commercial Agent" to go out and fill it.

Without ships queued up to be built or repaired, I'd have my commercial agents opting to sell the very resources I was trying to stock pile! And I couldn't get Internal Commodity Logistics traders (Commodity Logistics MKI) to recognize my HQ as a consumer. Very frustrating.

3rd - Set up a trader with the HQ as homebase to be a "Commercial Agent." "Lock" all the resources that you DO NOT want the trader to deal with - i.e. set it so that it only deals with the resources used to build and repair ships.

4th - Obviously, make sure the HQ has the money and make sure the resources are withing jump range, etc. And presto, automated ship production without over filling the station.

Internal Commodity traders may work if ships are queued to be built, though as of now I have not tested that. But my current method works, and I'm a happy clam.

Thanks to those who helped. I'll shut up now :wink:
I did exactly that, but my commercial agent just stays in my HQ and doesn't move, are there any easy-to-miss requirements for the commercial agent to run?

EDIT:
Omg sorry for the bump.. Doh ..

kotekzot

Post by kotekzot » Fri, 30. May 08, 22:59

i can't remove station kits from the headquarters. could this be fixed easily?

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”