X³ Reunion - Bonus pack 3.1.06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

fud
x3

Post by fud » Tue, 29. Aug 06, 16:52

So does this dockware manager increase the number of wares that can be stored in a dock? IE, more than 2 GPPC, or did I misread it? :)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 29. Aug 06, 17:23

Bad2DBone wrote:XP64
Not got a single script to work yet.
These dont show up either...
Perhaps the code does not like the way XP64 puts things in a strange location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\x3 - reunion\scripts

Other than that.. who knows...

The mysteries of Running on XP64....

:/
i think ur installing it to the wrong directory. you install it to the main x3 directory, not the scripts directory.

try it to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\x3 - reunion

Bad2DBone
x4

Post by Bad2DBone » Tue, 29. Aug 06, 22:43

Yep, did that.
Did it agan and no change.
Installig into XP64, on my setup, has no effect for ANY scripts.

Not to worry... taook me days to get X3 to work in the fisrt place.

The mysteries of XP64.

Do you have a machine to test on with XP64?

I can provide whatever you want... send me a degug .exe or summat.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 29. Aug 06, 22:45

fud wrote:So does this dockware manager increase the number of wares that can be stored in a dock? IE, more than 2 GPPC, or did I misread it? :)
AFAIK, It's just a copy of the X2 equivalent. Now you can add a ware (by paying 1000) with a command instead of dropping one sample. That part is a mere convenience. The "more content" part is that you can now remove a ware, ie stop stocking it at your station. You are no longer stuck with stuff that is no longer relevant (although not really harmful either).

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Tue, 29. Aug 06, 23:07

Bad2DBone wrote:Yep, did that.

The mysteries of XP64.

Just curious. What makes you think the scripts aren't working?

fud
x3

Post by fud » Tue, 29. Aug 06, 23:11

jlehtone wrote:
fud wrote:So does this dockware manager increase the number of wares that can be stored in a dock? IE, more than 2 GPPC, or did I misread it? :)
AFAIK, It's just a copy of the X2 equivalent. Now you can add a ware (by paying 1000) with a command instead of dropping one sample. That part is a mere convenience. The "more content" part is that you can now remove a ware, ie stop stocking it at your station. You are no longer stuck with stuff that is no longer relevant (although not really harmful either).

Ah, ok. Cheers.

apogee
x3tc

Post by apogee » Wed, 30. Aug 06, 09:43

Just installed the updated version, and all my ut's are complaining that there is no jump drive fuel in range, this was fixed in the std version of x3, but the bonus pack seems to have re-introduced it, now every 5 minutes i am having to re-supply my own ut's with e-cells and start them off again. AAAAArgh

Bad2DBone
x4

Post by Bad2DBone » Wed, 30. Aug 06, 10:49

moggy2 wrote:
Bad2DBone wrote:Yep, did that.

The mysteries of XP64.

Just curious. What makes you think the scripts aren't working?
I read what they are supposed to do and they dont. No new menu options etc.

Bad2DBone
x4

Post by Bad2DBone » Wed, 30. Aug 06, 11:39

apogee wrote:Just installed the updated version, and all my ut's are complaining that there is no jump drive fuel in range, this was fixed in the std version of x3, but the bonus pack seems to have re-introduced it, now every 5 minutes i am having to re-supply my own ut's with e-cells and start them off again. AAAAArgh
If I leave stuff in teh hold of a UT it never sells it with Current X3. Do you also get that? before/after fix?

apogee
x3tc

Post by apogee » Wed, 30. Aug 06, 11:58

Bad2DBone wrote:
apogee wrote:Just installed the updated version, and all my ut's are complaining that there is no jump drive fuel in range, this was fixed in the std version of x3, but the bonus pack seems to have re-introduced it, now every 5 minutes i am having to re-supply my own ut's with e-cells and start them off again. AAAAArgh
If I leave stuff in teh hold of a UT it never sells it with Current X3. Do you also get that? before/after fix?
Not sure, ill look, but also if you go to the home base of a ut, it used to show what it was buying/selling as you selected each, now it just seems to show destination (i am sure this has changed).

Can someone confirm whether they are getting the "No jd fuel in range" message too (is it just me???), or that the the bonus pack has regressed the ut script. Since it was fixed in the std x3 i have never been bugged by the fuel message, now they are occuring every 5 minutes!

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 30. Aug 06, 12:07

I just installed the package, but did not look yet. Did it do a backup copy of overwritten files? It looked like it did a backup of savegames.

T1r4n0

Post by T1r4n0 » Wed, 30. Aug 06, 12:20

First sorry for my Poor English I from Brazil and don't speak English well..

Please someone help me, Yesterday I Installed the Bonus Pack, after the installation I loaded my savegame and play (OK)

two hours after the game starts to Crash. (Only the game not the PC) and this crashs don't happens before the bonus pack installation, I Uninstaled the bonus pack and the crashes continues. Please someone help me I desesperate... This FREEZE the game image and I Only can exit using the reset button.
if I go to Pirate Base at Ocean of Fantasy crash.. if I turn SETA on and wait 4~5 mins they crash to.
I played my save game more than 1 month.

(Sorry again about the English)...

apogee
x3tc

Post by apogee » Wed, 30. Aug 06, 12:44

@T1r4n0, what version of the bonus pack are you using?

I had problem with station manager which caused x3 to freeze with the initial version, but with the newest version things seem to be ok (well so far).

Which bonus pack items are you using?

T1r4n0

Post by T1r4n0 » Wed, 30. Aug 06, 14:47

I Using the lastest version; I downloaded from the Egosoft's main page.
(X³ Reunion - Bonus Pack 3.1.01 )

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Wed, 30. Aug 06, 16:06

are you using any scripts from the bonus pack? do you have any Sector Traders or Universal Traders.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 30. Aug 06, 16:41

apogee wrote:Just installed the updated version, and all my ut's are complaining that there is no jump drive fuel in range, this was fixed in the std version of x3, but the bonus pack seems to have re-introduced it, now every 5 minutes i am having to re-supply my own ut's with e-cells and start them off again.
The installer apparently created folders t.backup and scripts.backup

So I ran diff for scripts and scripts.backup:

Code: Select all

Files scripts/plugin.autotrade.buyupgrades.pck and scripts.backup/plugin.autotrade.buyupgrades.pck differ
Files scripts/plugin.autotrade.exceptions.pck and scripts.backup/plugin.autotrade.exceptions.pck differ
Files scripts/plugin.autotrade.fuel.pck and scripts.backup/plugin.autotrade.fuel.pck differ
Files scripts/plugin.autotrade.galaxy.pck and scripts.backup/plugin.autotrade.galaxy.pck differ
Files scripts/plugin.autotrade.sector.pck and scripts.backup/plugin.autotrade.sector.pck differ
Files scripts/setup.plugin.autotrade.pck and scripts.backup/setup.plugin.autotrade.pck differ
And:

Code: Select all

3962 Jan 27  2006 scripts.backup/setup.plugin.autotrade.pck
  3967 Aug 23 19:59 scripts/setup.plugin.autotrade.pck
  5223 Oct 11  2005 scripts.backup/plugin.autotrade.buyupgrades.pck
  5591 Aug 23 20:01 scripts/plugin.autotrade.buyupgrades.pck
  5343 Oct 11  2005 scripts.backup/plugin.autotrade.exceptions.pck
  5514 Aug 23 20:01 scripts/plugin.autotrade.exceptions.pck
  4484 Jan 11  2006 scripts.backup/plugin.autotrade.fuel.pck
  5505 Aug 23 20:01 scripts/plugin.autotrade.fuel.pck
 20099 Jan 11  2006 scripts.backup/plugin.autotrade.galaxy.pck
 22766 Aug 23 20:01 scripts/plugin.autotrade.galaxy.pck
 15148 Jan 11  2006 scripts.backup/plugin.autotrade.sector.pck
 17597 Aug 23 20:01 scripts/plugin.autotrade.sector.pck
So I would say the Bonuspack (3.1.01) did indeed touch the Trade Mk3. The question is: why?

Risky
xr

Post by Risky » Wed, 30. Aug 06, 16:57

I have had most of these scripts running as Release Candidates. Should I install this over the top or do I need to uninstall the existing scripts?

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Wed, 30. Aug 06, 17:10

installing over the top should work fine.

yes, the Mk3 trader was updated.

apogee
x3tc

Post by apogee » Wed, 30. Aug 06, 17:39

moggy2 wrote: yes, the Mk3 trader was updated.
Ok, so how can this be fixed? The ut's requesting e-cells was one of the most moaned about problems in older versions of x3, and now its back again :shock: Unless its just me getting this :?

Geggo
x3tc

Post by Geggo » Wed, 30. Aug 06, 19:03

Anyone else crashing irreqularry after Bonuspack update?

I have now crashed 2 times within 1 hour and this started after I updated the bonuspack, I had 0 crashes in last couple months and 0 crashes with the original bonus pack.

or is there some procedure I have to do when updating scripts like the bonuspack does?

neighter CTD occured while doing anything but flying around, the last one actually crashed just as I pressed "." to access sector map.

And btw have the OOS calculations been tampered with lately? My patrols are suddenly having serious trouble against even simple pirate wings and Elephants are going near death against normal P patrol. (could be just a fluke tho)

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”