X³ Reunion - Bonus pack 3.1.06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Thu, 16. Aug 07, 22:10

Dont know if you have all seen this but Lucike has apparantly updated CAG scripts since 3.1.0.6, read thread here for discussion and translation :

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... &start=255

and download update zip or spk from here :

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=131269 :wink:
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

Hansaw
x3

Post by Hansaw » Tue, 21. Aug 07, 03:55

Just wanted to ask if this is more up to date than the one in the Bonus Package.

XaiCorp Fleet Support Ship Software X3 2.15

The Bonus Package says V1.15 but it sends you to V1.14 in the readme?

Stay safe!

Hansaw
Hansaw sits for the 1st time in his brand new M3. After smilling happily to himself he looks about and becomes frustrated. "I paid enough for this ship, so where's the damn MP3 Player!" he yells

Doktor Teufel
x3tc

Post by Doktor Teufel » Mon, 27. Aug 07, 22:32

moggy2 wrote:we are aware of the problem. We're just waiting for an admin to fix it.
Hmm, it's a week later, and the links still aren't working (at least, not for me).

I just had to do an uninstall/reinstall, so I came here looking for the Bonus Pack, but no dice. Is it available for download anywhere else?

BlackRazor
x4

Post by BlackRazor » Tue, 28. Aug 07, 09:28

Doktor Teufel wrote:
moggy2 wrote:we are aware of the problem. We're just waiting for an admin to fix it.
Hmm, it's a week later, and the links still aren't working (at least, not for me).

I just had to do an uninstall/reinstall, so I came here looking for the Bonus Pack, but no dice. Is it available for download anywhere else?
Download link works for me, make sure you are logged in before you try to download the bonus pack.
"For the love of the Fish-Queen!"

Doktor Teufel
x3tc

Post by Doktor Teufel » Tue, 28. Aug 07, 19:35

BlackRazor wrote:Download link works for me, make sure you are logged in before you try to download the bonus pack.
I'm always logged in, but the links do appear to be working now. It might have been a temporary problem yesterday.

Melancoholic

Post by Melancoholic » Sat, 1. Sep 07, 02:39

Um, couldn't find it in a search, but I don't suppose there's going to be a mac release? Yes, I know, "wtf n00b macz r 4 gheys nt g4m3rz," but not having to pay $190 for a copy of windows just to get these additions would be nice.

[Edit:] MacBook Pro OS X.4.9 2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2GB GeForce 8600M GT blah blah.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 1. Sep 07, 12:02

some ppl have successfully got it to work by using an emulator, Cider i think, as the mac version of the game uses that anyway.

u could give it a go.

Aesir
x3tc

Post by Aesir » Sat, 1. Sep 07, 19:15

Cycrow wrote:some ppl have successfully got it to work by using an emulator, Cider i think, as the mac version of the game uses that anyway.

u could give it a go.
Cider, according to Transgaming, is "aimed at developers and publishers" (unlike Cedega, from the same company). Point being, someone needs to code the cider wrapper around a given game. But hey, it looks like someone did - but it requires a new X3 purchase.

X3: Reunion (for Intel Mac platforms)

The first questions I'd ask Transgaming and Virtual Programming though is how the Cider X3 game handles patches, bonus packs, mods, etc. At a point in the future, I'd budget for another hard disk to qualify for an OEM XP SP2B Pro license for that sweet bootcamp capability of the intel macs. It's pricey(er), but that's a powerful flexibility that's just too good to pass up, imo.
-æsir

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 1. Sep 07, 20:49

well i never use macs, so i cant be of much help.

but apparently some ppl have got the bonus pack to work, it might be worth trying to search for it, or hope they see the thread and reply.

there was talk of adding it to zip files as well, but not sure what happened with that idea

Melancoholic

Post by Melancoholic » Sat, 1. Sep 07, 21:20

Aesir wrote: Cider, according to Transgaming, is "aimed at developers and publishers" (unlike Cedega, from the same company). Point being, someone needs to code the cider wrapper around a given game. But hey, it looks like someone did - but it requires a new X3 purchase.
Oh yeah, forgot to mention I bought the mac release from Virtual Programming Ltd., so been playing the game fine, actually surprised me how well it runs on this notebook: maxed out graphics I'm getting 30ish fps under heavy load. I was specifically talking about this bonus pack, my fault for being ambiguous.

The game itself does run under Cider like you said, which "is a business to business application only and is not available to end-users." There're plenty of Mac-Windows emulators/virtual machines out there (most of them not worth an expletive), but seeing as you're running 1) Mac OS X (~300M RAM, %12 CPU load on my machine), 2) the emulator/VM (ranges from near-seamless to >200M RAM >20% CPU), 3) Windows itself under a VM (again varies dependent upon Windows build, I've seen XP use ~350M and a 15% load), you're up to 850MB of RAM taken and the CPU idling at almost 50% load, on top of which is a very resource-intensive 3d game like X3. Now luckily Cider is brilliant, and somehow doesn't noticeably impact performance from what I can tell, and there is no Windows OS running in the background.

And yeah, I spent a good 45 minutes searching and crawling threads looking for a mac port of the pack, but ah well. Thanks for the helpful replies all the same.

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Sat, 1. Sep 07, 21:42

what would be the best way to distribute a script pack to macs?

The Bonus Pack uses a windows installer so that it can backup the save games and scripts folder just in case a game breaking bug gets through.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 1. Sep 07, 21:59

Mac can run shell scripts, doesn't it? So basically an installation script should be feasible that actually does the required precautions, and works for both Mac and Linux.

Aesir
x3tc

Post by Aesir » Sun, 2. Sep 07, 09:10

moggy2 wrote:what would be the best way to distribute a script pack to macs?
AppleScript would be relatively painless even if you've never used it before, but you'd need a mac platform to create it on. On the plus side, you could make the install routine look like a polished Aqua app - and that would make a nice impression on a mac end user.

If you want *nix compatibility as well, or otherwise don't think applescript is a practical option, jlehtone is on target (OS X is BSD). So, you've got many choices including perl, python, ruby, or even *cringe* gnu patch. Here's a page full of ideas:
http://www.apple.com/opensource/

Java might be worth looking into if you wanted to maintain one set of code for the installers for mac, linux, and Windows. Unlike applescript however, I can't really recommend writing a java based installer unless you're comfortable with Java already. I'm not very familiar with Java programming myself, but I would start by searching to see if either the netBeans or eclipse projects already have a plug-in for their IDEs that provide cross-platform installer builders.
-æsir

Wooden_Hamme
x3tc

Bonus pack

Post by Wooden_Hamme » Tue, 9. Oct 07, 20:02

Hi just to say when i install this bonus pack, It comes up when i start the game a black screen a couple of lines then it says connot read script what do i do here :?:

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Tue, 9. Oct 07, 20:56

beats me!

No one else has had a problem with the BP. Besides which, if X3 cannot read a script it just crashes, no mention of what the problem was.

try restoring your scripts directory from the backup the BP installer created. See if it's still doing the same thing

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”