X³ Reunion - Bonus pack 3.1.06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BlackRazor
x4

Post by BlackRazor » Fri, 1. Dec 06, 11:52

LC_ wrote:would anyone please be so kind as to tell me how to un-install the bonus pack ...Im having game freeze problems and I need to uninstall as part of the troubleshooting process.

if theres a link you can give that would be great
You uninstall it using the Windows control panel: open the control panel, choose Add/Remove and then uninstall the bonus pack.
"For the love of the Fish-Queen!"

Chemical-mix
x3tc

Bonus Pack 3.1.04 question...

Post by Chemical-mix » Mon, 11. Dec 06, 23:42

I have the Bala Gi missions for X3, up to v2.0.02.

Will this already have included the above bonus pack? Or will i have to download it seperately??
"I came, I saw, I crumbled"

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Mon, 11. Dec 06, 23:55

this is separate from the Bala Gi update. You will need to download and install this separately.

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Wed, 20. Dec 06, 15:11

Hi: I unistall the BP because ctd's and game freeze, but I still see Comodity Logistic selling in some stations. How I can fix it?

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Fri, 22. Dec 06, 13:02

I seem to be running into a problem with the CLS Mk1.

I add the product (ecell), 12cr, BEEP.
I add the stations (wafer mine, weed/booze plex), check. BEEP, BEEP. Both buy at 12cr.
I add the homebase, BEEP gets a message on the status, check.

Now, I want to remove a station, so I do the add/remove station. But when I select one of the stations above, I get a message saying that station does not use or sell the product?

Setting the command to NONE then starting the CLS, the ship remembers my settings...

cnidarian632

question about bonus pack

Post by cnidarian632 » Wed, 27. Dec 06, 05:03

i have a game going in x3, if i do the upgrade thing, will my game start over?

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 27. Dec 06, 10:29

no
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Jtmd
x3

Possible error with new bonus pack.

Post by Jtmd » Mon, 1. Jan 07, 01:49

Hello and happy new year to everyone :)
I downloaded and installed the new bonus pack (3.1.05) a couple of days ago and was looking for a way to add the explorer software to the terracorp HQ. I noticed a file refered to on line 16 of the setup.plugin.explore script is possibly typo? It refers to a file named lib.xi.setup but i think it should refer to lib.xai.setup (note. xi should be xai if you missed my point ) as that is the only file i can see in the script editor. Since all these are loaded from a .pck i dont know how to open and edit this .pck to change it. All attempts to change it from within the editor are lost each time i quit and reload since im sure it reloads from the .pck and not the saved .xml it creates when i change something and save.

Maybe im wrong, im not sure.
BUT either way, can anyone tell me how to edit .pck files ?
Thanks. and have fun :)

jensemann
x4

Post by jensemann » Mon, 1. Jan 07, 02:22

Simply copy the file (press c in the SE scriptlist) by giving it a new name, delete the old one and copy back the new file. If you copy the file, it will create a new script with the same content but saving it as xml.

Then do you changes and they will remain.

jensmann
ob ***modified*** oder nicht - Hauptsache: Spaß!!!

Carrier Fighter Supplies V1.2a deutsch
Carrier Fighter Supplies V1.2a english

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Mon, 1. Jan 07, 03:17

lib.xi.setup is the correct script name, you'll find it in the scripts directory as a .pck. If you have any unsigned Xai Corporation scripts then you'll also have a lib.xai.setup.xml which is identical except that it hasn't been signed.

If you want to edit one of the signed scripts, you need to remove the .pck version of the file after you've edited it in game. .pck files take precidence over their .xml conterparts.

Jtmd
x3

Post by Jtmd » Mon, 1. Jan 07, 03:24

moggy2 wrote:lib.xi.setup is the correct script name, you'll find it in the scripts directory as a .pck. If you have any unsigned Xai Corporation scripts then you'll also have a lib.xai.setup.xml which is identical except that it hasn't been signed.

If you want to edit one of the signed scripts, you need to remove the .pck version of the file after you've edited it in game. .pck files take precidence over their .xml conterparts.
Thanks.. and sorry. Im still kinda new to all this and to be honest im having more fun looking through, and working out how to change mods and scripts than i am actually playing the game. Hope i didnt mess anyone around and also hope i didnt offend anyone.
Take care :) and have fun!

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Mon, 1. Jan 07, 03:59

Jtmd wrote:...
Hope i didnt mess anyone around and also hope i didnt offend anyone.
Take care :) and have fun!
not at all. It's not explained anywhere else.

Unarmed

Post by Unarmed » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 20:25

I was just wondering how are steam users gonna download this?
I tried but couldnt

Edit: i am an idiot i wasnt logged in when i tried to download
The only thing we have to fear is fear itself

Ecthelion
x4

Post by Ecthelion » Fri, 5. Jan 07, 14:54

I apologize if this has already been asked, but I've never really used most of the Bonus Pack. I have the latest version of X3, and have just acquired my HQ. What part of the Bonus Pack should I use to automate supplying my HQ with the resources it needs to build ships (e.g. Commodity Logistics Software Mark I or II, Commercial Agent, etc.)? Also, can I just put the appropriate software on a TS, set its homebase, and turn the software on, or do I have to manually select the list of wares to supply the HQ with? I only have two blueprints right now (Buster and Thor - I'm running DDRS), and they appear to use the same resources. Do all ships use the same resources (just in different amounts)? Basically I'm wondering if the HQ uses resources the same way as a normal factory, and if the appropriate Bonus Pack software can see that. I'm trying to make this as simple as possible, because I'm a little overwhelmed with all the options in the Bonus Pack. Any pointers would be very appreciated.

Geggo
x3tc

Post by Geggo » Fri, 5. Jan 07, 16:05

@Ecthelion

Short answer, CLS mk1 and it needs to be trained pilot, apprentice cant work on HQ, you set homebase(supplier), add ware, add destination and start logistic command.

HQ uses same resources for all ships, some ships don't need all of them and khaak ships need nividum on top of the others.

longer in these 3
http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=165201
http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=161695
http://forum3.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=161155

Ecthelion
x4

Post by Ecthelion » Fri, 5. Jan 07, 17:29

Geggo wrote:@Ecthelion

Short answer, CLS mk1 and it needs to be trained pilot, apprentice cant work on HQ, you set homebase(supplier), add ware, add destination and start logistic command.
So there isn't an easy, hands-free solution? Bummer. What would you recommend to train the CLS MK1 pilot? Should I assign him to a regular factory first (e.g. one of the factories I'll set up to supply my HQ)? In case it's not obvious, I'm much more of a fighter than a trader, but I'm trying to expand my horizons a little.

Geggo
x3tc

Post by Geggo » Fri, 5. Jan 07, 19:43

Ecthelion wrote:
Geggo wrote:@Ecthelion

So there isn't an easy, hands-free solution? Bummer. What would you recommend to train the CLS MK1 pilot? Should I assign him to a regular factory first (e.g. one of the factories I'll set up to supply my HQ)? In case it's not obvious, I'm much more of a fighter than a trader, but I'm trying to expand my horizons a little.
That would work or if your in a hurry you can exploit the herrons nebula trading station, just start the internal logistics there and you MAY get a trained pilot. if not fire the pilot and try again.

jagji56
x3tc

Post by jagji56 » Sat, 24. Feb 07, 23:52

OK, If this is Bones Pack 1.0.4, then why dose it say 1.0.5, in the Subject line????

Also, great work on the Bones Packs.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 25. Feb 07, 18:55

it should be .5

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Fri, 9. Mar 07, 17:06

So, we've got a problem now: As I just noticed, someone changed (at least in the German version) the wareslot of the Explorer Software from 5763 to 5783. The Version to download in the main topic of this software still says it uses 5763, the BP-Version now uses 5783.

I however used the (seemingly free) ware slot 5783 for my Taxisoftware. That means that
a) I and any other Taxisoftware-User cannot purchase the Explorer-Software under the right name
b) The software is included in my uninstall-routine, so after some beta-testing, at least I don't have any Explorer-Softwares around anymore
c) There is no free ware slot left that I could use for that software (in that price sector)

I will now lock the downloads and announce this problem in the (now already four) places/threads people will look at for news.

Any suggestions??

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”