[Bonus Plugin] Station Manager

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Wed, 30. Aug 06, 19:28

You got to be fast when editing. :D

It was mentioned in the Station Manager thread (original one, not Bonus Pack one).(ie, you'd have to read through it, I don't remember what page it was on)
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 30. Aug 06, 21:15

Jakesnake5 wrote:(ie, you'd have to read through it, I don't remember what page it was on)
IIRC around page 10, last March. :wink:

barbarian9966
x3

Post by barbarian9966 » Thu, 31. Aug 06, 15:21

I set station manager on my station and added one ship. Why that ship dont use jump drive?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 31. Aug 06, 15:30

Station Manager does not jumpdrive. It is simply a smarter Trade Mk1 command.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Thu, 31. Aug 06, 15:52

I think he's mistaking SM for CLS. Not sure.
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

ORIOLE
x2

Post by ORIOLE » Thu, 31. Aug 06, 16:24

Hi barbarian9966 :)
barbarian9966 wrote:I set station manager on my station and added one ship. Why that ship dont use jump drive?
Check this out: In your ship command console:
'Station Manager: Set Jumprange' ship command:

Select this command and then enter a jumprange. To use the station's standard jumprange parameter, enter a negative number for the jumprange. To see the jumprange defined for a trader, use the 'Station Manager: Display Status' command. Traders are set up to use the station's standard jumprange by default.
Take care

apogee
x3tc

Post by apogee » Thu, 31. Aug 06, 16:47

ORIOLE wrote:Hi barbarian9966 :)
barbarian9966 wrote:I set station manager on my station and added one ship. Why that ship dont use jump drive?
Check this out: In your ship command console:

Select this command and then enter a jumprange. To use the station's standard jumprange parameter, enter a negative number for the jumprange. To see the jumprange defined for a trader, use the 'Station Manager: Display Status' command. Traders are set up to use the station's standard jumprange by default.
Take care
To be honest, that just sets the number of jump gates that a specified trader will pass, overriding the setting for the station, it still won't use a jump drive AFAIK, i think you need to use the Commercial Agent plugin to do this.

barbarian9966
x3

Post by barbarian9966 » Thu, 31. Aug 06, 16:59

ORIOLE wrote:Check this out: In your ship command console:

Take care
Did you tried it?
As I understand there are no relation between using jump drive and "jumprange". By "jumprange" authors mean distance. They does not mean that your TS would jump that distance.
I porpose to rename this command to "Set Crawlrange" :twisted:
Hmm... so on that feature useless :(

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Thu, 31. Aug 06, 20:14

Actually, not so. You can let the traders use the stations setting, or (as I do in The Wall for Ecell trader) individually set how far you will allow them to go, and restrict them to what goods they should carry. This gives you greater control than the standard 'buy/sell' commands.
[ external image ]

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 1. Sep 06, 07:47

SM and CA are different, and not as redundant as it looked at first glance.

Each CA pilot charges for each mizura they have been in space. SM has only one initial fixed cost per station. Thus, in the long run, the SM brings in more profit. Both scripts add the much needed separate control for different wares and ship of the station.

The SM readme has the classic example of SPP with crystal buyer and energy salesman. In X2 the crystal source were the Trading Stations, about in every second sector. Rarely more than 32 units at a time. And M4 Scorpion was one of the best buyers. Energy selling was best done with Dolphin. And selling range of one was usually a sufficient market. But buying range of one was pitiful.

BTW, I have not watched at the crystal market in X3. How much has it changed? I guess that even more aggressive buyers are needed.

apogee
x3tc

Post by apogee » Fri, 1. Sep 06, 12:56

Is there any way that i can find out which stations are running the station manager? Maybe something that generates a list in the message log would be usefull.

ORIOLE
x2

Post by ORIOLE » Fri, 1. Sep 06, 13:08

barbarian9966 wrote:
ORIOLE wrote:Check this out: In your ship command console:

Take care
Did you tried it?
As I understand there are no relation between using jump drive and "jumprange". By "jumprange" authors mean distance. They does not mean that your TS would jump that distance.
I porpose to rename this command to "Set Crawlrange" :twisted:
Hmm... so on that feature useless :(
You should then use The Commercial Agent script:
Quick start guide

Equip a TS class transporter with Navigation Software MK1, Trading System Extension, Trade Command Software MK1 and MK2

Assign a homebase

Choose the command "Start Commercial representation"

Additional pilot qualifications

Apprentice
The apprentice cares about the receipt of goods of the enterprise, means the purchase of goods. The apprentice is in the probationary period and no salary gets for this reason.
Auxiliary courier
The auxiliary courier does only not care about the receipt of goods but also around the sale of goods of the enterprise, means the sale of goods. Furthermore he can buy or sell goods of or on equipment docks and trade stations. He can these stations also are attached. The auxiliary courier gets 20 credits at a mizura flytime paid off after every flight.

Courier
The courier cure arranges things with his home and sector colleagues and is with them in permanent communication. Furthermore he ship with more speed and agility buy he be fight drones and equip out in the current sector. The courier cure gets 25 credits at a mizura flytime paid after every flight.

Freighter pilot 2nd class
The freighter pilot 2nd class worries not only about products and resources, separates also around the intermediate products of a complex. It can likewise buy and sell these. Furthermore he can use the modern jump propulsion technology. The freighter pilot 2nd class gets 30 credits at a mizura flytime paid off after every flight.

Freighter pilot 1st class
The freighter pilot 1st class gets information about the financial situation of the enterprise and therefore can carry out a clearing of the store at too low funds. Furthermore he takes more into account the trade radio traffic and does not approach any sectors in which was reported by enemy ships or pirates. The freighter pilot 1st class gets 35 credits at a mizura flytime paid off after every flight.

Freighter pilot
The freighter pilot already asks about new trade possibilities during the purchase or selling flight and takes care of these if possible in the current flight. Furthermore he keeps his ship in good condition and this flies in the need into a shipyard. The freighter pilot gets 40 credits at a mizura flytime paid off after every flight.
You can see that from Freighter pilot 2nd class upwards they use their jumpdrives. I started to use it last night.

:)

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Fri, 1. Sep 06, 13:09

Not without looking at each station/comoplex' "Command" list.
[ external image ]

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 1. Sep 06, 13:18

Jakesnake5 wrote:Not without looking at each station/comoplex' "Command" list.
One could rename the station when one starts SM on it...

apogee
x3tc

Post by apogee » Fri, 1. Sep 06, 14:59

jlehtone wrote:
Jakesnake5 wrote:Not without looking at each station/comoplex' "Command" list.
One could rename the station when one starts SM on it...
Not a bad idea, now i've just got to find the ones i set up!

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 1. Sep 06, 15:06

Property list can show what commands ships are running and their homebase. Does it reveal those under Managers leach?

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Fri, 1. Sep 06, 17:09

jlehtone wrote:Property list can show what commands ships are running and their homebase. Does it reveal those under Managers leach?
Not directly. To tell if a station is runnng SM, look at the property info for ships assigned to it. They'll have 'Stataion Automate' (or some such) in the right pane.

If you're like me, and renamed a ship to reflect what station its working at, they don't have to be docked to be noticable.

You can filter the properties menu to show stations only. Then you select a station, hit 'enter', select Command Console and look at the Additional Tasks list, hit esc twice, and select the next.

If you find a SM station and want to rename it, just hit esc 1 time, then 'm' and change the name, THEN esc twice from there.
[ external image ]

ITM
x3

Post by ITM » Mon, 4. Sep 06, 19:32

Ok, I didn't kown the station manager script was buggged in the first release of the bonus pack :(
However, the problem I hit made me use CAgents. And I must admit they are far more interesting for me :)

Nick Cresswell
x3

Station Manager Signed mod is doing strange things.

Post by Nick Cresswell » Sun, 10. Sep 06, 18:28

I have a cattle ranch and cahoona bakery connected as a complex, and two traders on Station Manager. They don't buy or sell any resources, they just stay in the complex and load themselves with Agnu beef. Every minute or so they put the agnu back in the station, but take it back out a split second later. This means I can't make cahoonas because the agnu is taken away, meanwhile the cahoonas that I do have aren't being sold, and the energy that I don't have isn't being bought. The odd thing is I've told it to buy the intermediate agnu beef, not sell it, so I can't figure out why they should load up at all.
Can anybody help?
I'm twice my weight, three times my size, and my left eye's closer to my right eye, than my right eye is to my left.

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Sun, 10. Sep 06, 18:32

your complex appears to be selling the beef for the best price in range.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”