[Bonus Plugin] Commodity Logistics Software MK1

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Chieftonw
x3ap

Commodity Logistics Software MK1 limit

Post by Chieftonw » Thu, 16. Nov 06, 05:10

I really love this script and am glad it was made. However I have one problem that has sort of limited its effectiveness. Basically what happens is if I have a large complex that produces its own power and includes a silicon station, I am unable to have it gather supplies from an external silicon station (should I need more then the in complex silicon stations can provide). As such I have to either create complexes w/o a silicon station or use something else to transport the silicon to the complex. It is sort of a limiting factor for the growth of a station over time.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 16. Nov 06, 08:14

As I hinted in my previous comment, CLS1 determines itself, whether a 'station' on its list is a producer or consumer of a 'product'. Intermediate of a complex is produced by that complex. Thus, if there is a surplus of intermediate, the CLS1 can haul it to other stations. For example haul ECells from power loop into energy-consumers.

You need to set up a CLS2 ship for the task.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Trevelvis
xr

Post by Trevelvis » Sat, 2. Dec 06, 18:32

Confused with this as cant get the commands right can someone help me with how to set this right please. I have 2 complexes in Ore Belt the first is a SSP/silicon etc what I am trying to do is set Homebase to SSP then get ship to deliver Energy to my Spaceweed Complex then return home then supply Energy to my additional Silicon mine then return home with silicon to top up my SSP with silicon. I manage getting it going to my Spaceweed Complex but then it just goes back and forth from them. Sorry if this is easy and I am making it hard but tried Mk1 and Mk2 but still cant get it the way I want.

Parazac
x4

Post by Parazac » Sun, 3. Dec 06, 15:46

i know the feeling, not used half the scripts in the bonus pack so thought i would try to use this one to resolve my Microchip PHQ problem, tried the below but it seems to do nothing:

1) set its Homebase to my Microchip Complex
2) Added Microchips as a product using the additional commands menu and input its price as 11725 to match PHQ price
3) Added the PHQ as a station through the additional commands menu
4) Selected Start Internal Commodity Logistics from the Trade Menu

all my TS does is sit there :(

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sun, 3. Dec 06, 16:39

I think you need to get your pilot up to 'Auxiliary' status,
it starts on 'Apprentice' at which level it can't supply
trading stations or equipment docks (the HQ is one of these).
You need a trading system extension on the ship & then train it up
by giving it another trade run, until the pilot graduates to the next level
via automatic training courses that it will be sent on.

Parazac
x4

Post by Parazac » Sun, 3. Dec 06, 18:13

only use i had was to try and supply my PHQ, as i have nothing i can use to train it up then i have no use for this script. guess i'll try and find another way to do it.

DeltaWolf
x4

Post by DeltaWolf » Mon, 4. Dec 06, 09:31

I have the same problem - I'm using a freight pilot, but it does not work trying to supply the player HQ.

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Mon, 4. Dec 06, 15:00

Parazac wrote:i know the feeling, not used half the scripts in the bonus pack so thought i would try to use this one to resolve my Microchip PHQ problem, tried the below but it seems to do nothing:

1) set its Homebase to my Microchip Complex
2) Added Microchips as a product using the additional commands menu and input its price as 11725 to match PHQ price
3) Added the PHQ as a station through the additional commands menu
4) Selected Start Internal Commodity Logistics from the Trade Menu

all my TS does is sit there :(
I have same problem but with XL SPP in Argon Prime. They have crystal within 2 jump radius and just sit in the factory waiting??? They have everything install as readme said.

I take out the PHQ from trading. How I known I do it rigth?

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Mon, 4. Dec 06, 20:57

Grief !
It looks like CLS1 will not deliver to the HQ at all.

Assistant (= Auxiliary?) Courier for CLS1 doesn't
see the HQ as a trading station or equipment dock.

Wasted 2 days getting 10 exactly set-up ST's to level on a specially
placed training factory, just found this out. 'Kin 'ell.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 5. Dec 06, 09:31

HQ is not a Dock. HQ is a Headquarter. Different type.

I know that Lucike has made changes to Dockware Manager, CAG, and CLS to make them work with HQ. But they wait for BP 3.1.05 to be released, just like Cycrow's fixed Afterburner. I have no idea, when 3.1.05 will be out, or what is stalling it. :cry:

Scarecrow
x4

Post by Scarecrow » Thu, 7. Dec 06, 15:15

I am trying the CLS1 for the first time here.

I have a Dream Farm/Bliss place set up in Elena's Fortune and am trying to supply e-cells from an SPP M in the same sector.

After I set the commands, the stupid pilot keeps heading for Split Fire.

There is absolutely nothing in Split Fire now except for that line of NavSats.

This has happened a half dozen times.

Any ideas?

pmachin
x3tc

Post by pmachin » Thu, 7. Dec 06, 17:29

I don't use CLS 1 to supply my HQ. After having problems in the past getting them to work properly for my Trading Stations and Equipment Docks I use CLS 2 instead. It takes more time to setup but you have more control over the quantities of resources coming into the HQ. Because you can't set a max limit on a commodity at the HQ CLS 1 would probably max out one resource (probably energy cells). I've got 4 Frieghters doing this. The 1st collects ship building resources, 2nd Missiles, 3rd & 4th Weapons & Shields.

Scarecrow, the supplying freighter should be homed to the SPP M. Select the product (EC), the price and then station to supply to (Dream Farm/Bliss Place. Then activate "Start internal logisitcs..."

Scarecrow
x4

Post by Scarecrow » Thu, 7. Dec 06, 18:14

Done that 6 times ...... he keeps heading for Split Fire.

....he's grounded atm. :)

pmachin
x3tc

Post by pmachin » Thu, 7. Dec 06, 18:54

What rank is he? I noticed in the latest version that CLS 1&2 Pilots now buy mosquito missiles for missile defence as well as the fighter drones. I didn't realise this at first and was getting annoyed that my freighters were going off in random directions to buy them.

Scarecrow
x4

Post by Scarecrow » Fri, 8. Dec 06, 04:54

bingo ...... thanks pmachin. Right on the nose.

I got Freight Pilot Jako Nedley all ordered up again and just let him do his thing.

He jumped to Priest's Pity (not Split Fire) and immediately headed for the Communications Facility to pick up some fighter drones.

Guess that oughta teach this old man not to stay up so late. :roll:

cynep_naxah

Post by cynep_naxah » Sat, 16. Dec 06, 19:52

How do I supply energy cells from a complex? They are not listed in products :(

frymaster
x4

Post by frymaster » Wed, 17. Jan 07, 13:32

I'm having the slight problem that my energy superfrieghter ferry doesn't reserve any energy cells for the jump back home. Given that some of its client stations are up to ten jumps away, this limits its usefulness. Anyone else have similar experiences and/or a workaround or fix?
Math problems? Call 0800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 17. Jan 07, 14:06

@cynep_naxah CLS1 sees all intermediates as :oops: [EDIT] products. Products, not resources.[/EDIT] . Lucike has unsigned development version of CLS1 that gets around that. Breaking the SPP off the complex would solve the problem for signed CLS1, but I bet you don't want to do that. Neither do I. CLS2 can haul intermediates between complexes. But getting the amounts right with CLS2 is a pain.

I have a small Silicon mine that is supposed to fill the the shortage of two complexes. I have CLS2 ship hauling the wafers, but so far I've not found the right amounts.

@frymaster. Do you mean that it unloads everything? Not keeping a small amount? Do you have Boost extension? That should raise the fuel reserve amount. More importantly, do you have Freight Scanner? If you do, how many supplier stations do you have? If you have only one, eject the Freight Scanner.

I would not haul ECells. I would rather haul Crystals and place a SPP into the destination. But, as you can notice from above, one cannot complex Crystal Fab together withs it own power plant, if one desires to haul Crystals out with CLS1.
Last edited by jlehtone on Fri, 19. Jan 07, 07:43, edited 1 time in total.

frymaster
x4

Post by frymaster » Wed, 17. Jan 07, 16:53

I do have a boost extension installed but it is unloading every last cell to the station and leaving no jump reserve whatsoever :( (and it's a Dolphin superfrieghter so the standard jump reserve should be fine anyway)

not sure about cargo scanner - there IS only one supplier complex - but I'll check when I get home.

EDIT: Ship did have a cargo scanner but ditching it made no difference

and yeah, I know _now_ that my setup is non-optimal but... I didn't know then :S Though ironically enough considering the previous guy's complaints I have no trouble supplying energy cells from this complex even although energy is an intermediate resource
Math problems? Call 0800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 19. Jan 07, 07:52

frymaster wrote:Though ironically enough considering the previous guy's complaints I have no trouble supplying energy cells from this complex even although energy is an intermediate resource
Thanks. I was making a fool out of myself. Pure MoM material. :oops:

CLS Mk1 determines automatically, if ware is a product or resource. Product is a product. Resource is a resource. Intermediate is produced in a complex and is thus a product. Therefore, CLS Mk1 can haul intermediates from a complex. But it cannot haul ware into complex, where that ware is an intermediate. The problem is in the receiving end. But this situation occurs only when you have an almost self-sufficient complex and want to haul in some additional intermediates.

Reading again cynep_naxah's question it now seems that with "listed" he means the list of products in the details of a complex and not the list output by CLS Mk1 into player log, when you try to add homebase as "additional" station.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”