[Bonus Plugin] Commodity Logistics Software MK1

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Geggo
x3tc

Post by Geggo » Fri, 29. Sep 06, 12:27

CreHater wrote: What do I need to do to get the freighter to move the products to the TL?
Courier
The courier is able to collect commodities from up to three suppliers and deliver them to up to five consumers. Additionally, he will be able to supply TL class ships. He will equip his ship with more speed and agility, and fighter drones if they can be bought in the current sector. The courier gets a wage of 15 credits per mizura flown, payable upon completion of each trip.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 29. Sep 06, 12:42

And just in case, set the product price to 0. TL does not pay. Furthermore, try Falcon Hauler. It can land into Mammoth and is thus known to work. I had trouble with Dolphin SF, CLS Mk2 that did have the Transporter. Falcon H can carry 2 GPPC, so it naturally may do more trips than the SF. I have one Falcon H, CLS Mk1 FP, to dump everything from one complex into a Mammoth.

CreHater
x3

Post by CreHater » Fri, 29. Sep 06, 19:36

Tahnks for the tips! Will try it. :D

CreHater
x3

Post by CreHater » Sat, 30. Sep 06, 21:41

Okay, I got it to work. But as jlehtone says, the transporter device doesn't work... Unfortunately. Now I have to get Falcon Haulers to transport the XL cargo class GPPC's... Pity.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 1. Oct 06, 08:56

Actually, I did got CLS2+Transporter to work, once. The ship was in space to begin with and had already the haul/producer was empty. Then it did do unload correctly.

My uneducated guess is that if the TL is in the same sector, then the CLS2 ship will not undock from the supplier and therefore fails the transporter part. But I have not tested moving the TL to other sector. I had Falcon Haulers handy. I have not tried with CLS1 TS, so its logic may be different (although not likely).

CreHater
x3

Post by CreHater » Sun, 1. Oct 06, 18:44

I used the CLS MK1 (internal). It set off to the TL, with a load of GPPC's. But it then circled the TL, and went back to the complex, where it unloaded the GPPC's again. :o

Seismic_Edge
x3

Post by Seismic_Edge » Sat, 7. Oct 06, 06:44

I have 2 Freighter Pilots stationed in Argon Prime and supplying energy cells to two silicon mines two sectors away in Ore Belt. Both are fully equipped with: Commodity Logistics Software MK1, Navigation Command Software MK1, Boost Extension, Duplex- and Triplex-Scanners, Freight Scanners, Trading System Extension, Fight Command Software MK1 and Jump drive.

Both Freighter Pilots will jump from Argon Prime into Ore Belt with a full load of energy cells and deliver them appropriately. They both drop off every single energy cell then head over to the nearest Solar Power Plant to buy 30 energy cells. After buying the 30 energy cells, they leave the SPP and head for Argon Prime. What's wrong here??? Neither of them jump from Ore Belt to Argon Prime. Instead they both just make a regular run for home to pick up more energy cells. Right through Home of Light.

I have tried resetting them, loading my own jump energy cells on them then resetting them and erasing all their stations and resetting them yet again. Still, no matter what I can't get them to jump home after dropping off their load with out having to remind them to "Start internal commodity logistics."

Any suggestions? Or is this a known bug?

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Sat, 7. Oct 06, 06:54

@Seismic_Edge

Please remove the freight scanner of the freighters. The freight scanner is only meaningful with many producers in a sector. And ... tada ... the pilot refuel his ship. ;)

Greets
Lucike

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 7. Oct 06, 14:00

@Lucike I noticed you did remove the "negative price to add CLS Mk1 info on shipname" in BP 3.1.03. I have some ships with the 'rename' variable set, but obviously one cannot now change that variable neither for those nor for new ships. Not within 'vanilla'. :cry:

I can live with that.

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Sat, 7. Oct 06, 14:40

@jlehtone You can change that with the WLS2. (0-1-X). I know, that isn't the perfect solution.

Seismic_Edge
x3

Post by Seismic_Edge » Sat, 7. Oct 06, 16:29

Lucike wrote:@Seismic_Edge

Please remove the freight scanner of the freighters. The freight scanner is only meaningful with many producers in a sector. And ... tada ... the pilot refuel his ship. ;)

Greets
Lucike
Thanks, I shall try that. Originally, I had all my CL Pilots using multiple suppliers but decided since I can now easily afford it and I have quite a few factories/complexes that it would be better for each to have it's own dedicated CL Pilot/freighter.

I'll return here after I try this and tell how well it worked.

Seismic_Edge
x3

Post by Seismic_Edge » Sat, 7. Oct 06, 17:13

Seismic_Edge wrote:
Lucike wrote:@Seismic_Edge

Greets
Lucike
Thanks, I shall try that. Originally, I had all my CL Pilots using multiple suppliers but decided since I can now easily afford it and I have quite a few factories/complexes that it would be better for each to have it's own dedicated CL Pilot/freighter.

I'll return here after I try this and tell how well it worked.
Sure enough it worked. At first, when I dropped the freight scanners I had to run the command again after they picked up some more jump juice, but thereafter I have had no problems with them at all. They jump into system full of energy cells, drop off all but about 800 then jump right back to home base for another supply of cells.

Now I am thinking to lose the boosters so as to drop the amount they keep on hand to 10% instead of 20%.

Thanks for the advice. :)

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Wed, 15. Nov 06, 05:14

Ok. I'm frustrated with the logistic software. I've got a Mercury with both commodity software installed.
1. At one of my complexes in Three Worlds, I have a couple of Haulers set up to move meatsteak to my complex in Kindom End using the mk1 logistics.
2. I set up a Mercury with the same software and told it also to transport the meat steak to KE. It keeps coming up with a message about it cannot handle any more products. I do add/remove and it still comes up with the same message. So......
3. I jumped it to Spring of Belief, changed the homebase and had it to transport energy cells from my complex to another complex (took 3 attempts to get to do it).
4. I am lost at what to do.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 15. Nov 06, 07:52

Stu Austin wrote:2. I set up a Mercury with the same software and told it also to transport the meat steak to KE. It keeps coming up with a message about it cannot handle any more products. I do add/remove and it still comes up with the same message.
One can get the status message by "adding" the homebase. That shows the current stations and products.
What I do is:
1. Set homebase
2. Start logistics
3. Add product(s) (starting pilot can only haul one product)
4. Add stations (must all be consumers for starting pilot)
5. Get status

One thing that CLS1 cannot do is to see intermediates as resources. They are always products. Thus, CLS1 cannot haul additional energy into complex that already includes a SPP. One has to use CLS2 for that. In my case it was Silicon Wafers and Ore. I have a nearly self-sufficient weapon complex and Mines in another sector. CLS1 sees the complex as producer of Wafers and Ore. That is logical. As said, the CLS2 does work.

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Wed, 15. Nov 06, 17:32

Ok. Thanks. I'll work on it some more.

Chieftonw
x3ap

Commodity Logistics Software MK1 limit

Post by Chieftonw » Thu, 16. Nov 06, 05:10

I really love this script and am glad it was made. However I have one problem that has sort of limited its effectiveness. Basically what happens is if I have a large complex that produces its own power and includes a silicon station, I am unable to have it gather supplies from an external silicon station (should I need more then the in complex silicon stations can provide). As such I have to either create complexes w/o a silicon station or use something else to transport the silicon to the complex. It is sort of a limiting factor for the growth of a station over time.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 16. Nov 06, 08:14

As I hinted in my previous comment, CLS1 determines itself, whether a 'station' on its list is a producer or consumer of a 'product'. Intermediate of a complex is produced by that complex. Thus, if there is a surplus of intermediate, the CLS1 can haul it to other stations. For example haul ECells from power loop into energy-consumers.

You need to set up a CLS2 ship for the task.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Trevelvis
xr

Post by Trevelvis » Sat, 2. Dec 06, 18:32

Confused with this as cant get the commands right can someone help me with how to set this right please. I have 2 complexes in Ore Belt the first is a SSP/silicon etc what I am trying to do is set Homebase to SSP then get ship to deliver Energy to my Spaceweed Complex then return home then supply Energy to my additional Silicon mine then return home with silicon to top up my SSP with silicon. I manage getting it going to my Spaceweed Complex but then it just goes back and forth from them. Sorry if this is easy and I am making it hard but tried Mk1 and Mk2 but still cant get it the way I want.

Parazac
x4

Post by Parazac » Sun, 3. Dec 06, 15:46

i know the feeling, not used half the scripts in the bonus pack so thought i would try to use this one to resolve my Microchip PHQ problem, tried the below but it seems to do nothing:

1) set its Homebase to my Microchip Complex
2) Added Microchips as a product using the additional commands menu and input its price as 11725 to match PHQ price
3) Added the PHQ as a station through the additional commands menu
4) Selected Start Internal Commodity Logistics from the Trade Menu

all my TS does is sit there :(

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sun, 3. Dec 06, 16:39

I think you need to get your pilot up to 'Auxiliary' status,
it starts on 'Apprentice' at which level it can't supply
trading stations or equipment docks (the HQ is one of these).
You need a trading system extension on the ship & then train it up
by giving it another trade run, until the pilot graduates to the next level
via automatic training courses that it will be sent on.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”